Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the new adventure game 'Blood of the Cybermen'...

concept_approval_shot_01.jpg

Look at the chest...very similar to the logo from Tomb of the Cybermen...also there are Cybermats in the game!

PLEASE be the Mondas/Telos Cybermen!!! PLEASE BE IN THE NEXT SERIES!!!

There was another pic back when the Dalek game was first revealed and it makes me wonder why they didn't make the same adjustment to the ones in "The Pandorica Opens".

If they DO appear in the next series I'm sort of conflicted as to how they should look, the Cybusmen are easily my favorite of the re-imagined Classic era baddies but I think they'd need more than a logo on the chest to really seperate them from the Cybusmen.

There was another pic back when the Dalek game was first revealed and it makes me wonder why they didn't make the same adjustment to the ones in "The Pandorica Opens".

The chest icons are molded to the chest, so they'd have had to make entirely new costume parts. I guess it comes down to expense!

The chest icons are molded to the chest, so they'd have had to make entirely new costume parts. I guess it comes down to expense!

I expect the bulk of the design budget got allocated to the Daleks so if the Cybermen are set to return next year then they'll get the majority of time & money spent on a new design.

I just hope it doesn't mean that something else suffers because they only get the last 50p of the budget spent on them which is what appeared to happen with the Silurians.

On the subject of the new Daleks I wonder if they'll be the ones in the Doctor Who Live show?

The bright colors make them ideal for a stage show setting because they'll stand out so well.

I recon the new Daleks will be the ones in the show, on the poster its the red and white Dalek, cybermen and Judoon.
I watched 'Doctor Who and the Silurians' last night, i think Moffats team missed a trick with the new redesign of the Silurians also because these had the ability to be one badass scary enemy! i dont understand why they made reptiles look more human when the first design looked slightly more dinosaur/swamp creature.

The Silurians looked great as a piece of prosthetic design, very good at showing what the actor was doing underneath, but looked far too human (which I appreciate was the point, and the really wanted the actors to be able to emote) .... this could've been fixed by giving them green/yellow lizard-like contact lenses or something. Remove the bright blue eye thing.

Oh the reason was understandable but the design was pretty farway from what the orginal monster looked like, although that was explained in the diolouge in the episode when they were described as another clan or race type. if i hadnt seen what the orginal design was like i would of prefered the new costume.

The Silurians looked great as a piece of prosthetic design, very good at showing what the actor was doing underneath, but looked far too human (which I appreciate was the point, and the really wanted the actors to be able to emote) .... this could've been fixed by giving them green/yellow lizard-like contact lenses or something. Remove the bright blue eye thing.

I was cool with the big black eyes...until that turned out to be a mask...:slap

I must say, I was behind and watched the last 3 episode last night and The Pandorica Opens was AMAZING, best episode this season BY FAR. Can't wait for the finially this weekend

LOVED The Pandorica Opens. I have only really got into DW for the first time this season, and I am loving it so far. Can't wait for Saturday! :rock

Also, I will have to go back and watch all the other seasons now I suppose. Should I just watch the newer seasons, or are the older ones good as well? Any suggestions?

Also, I will have to go back and watch all the other seasons now I suppose. Should I just watch the newer seasons, or are the older ones good as well? Any suggestions?

From the Classic era,
1.Get the boxset called "The Beginning" which has the first 3 stories ever so you can see how it all started back in 1963.

2.Watch all the remaining 2nd Doctor stories in existence ( there's only 6 or 7 )

3.Watch everything with Doctors 3 & 4 which covers the years 1970-81

4.Watch the 5th Doctor stories "Earthshock" & "The Caves of Androzani" ( the rest of his era can be skipped )

5.Totally ignore Doctors 6,7 & 8 unless you feel the need to see them for completion's sake.

From the modern era,
1.Watch the episodes "Dalek" , "The Empty Child" & "The Doctor Dances" from series 1.

2.If you must watch Tennant just go with his first series as it goes downhill rapidly from "The Runaway Bride" onwards.

From the Classic era,
1.Get the boxset called "The Beginning" which has the first 3 stories ever so you can see how it all started back in 1963.

2.Watch all the remaining 2nd Doctor stories in existence ( there's only 6 or 7 )

3.Watch everything with Doctors 3 & 4 which covers the years 1970-81

4.Watch the 5th Doctor stories "Earthshock" & "The Caves of Androzani" ( the rest of his era can be skipped )

5.Totally ignore Doctors 6,7 & 8 unless you feel the need to see them for completion's sake.

From the modern era,
1.Watch the episodes "Dalek" , "The Empty Child" & "The Doctor Dances" from series 1.

2.If you must watch Tennant just go with his first series as it goes downhill rapidly from "The Runaway Bride" onwards.

:tap:tap:tap:tap:tap

I was watching Indiana Jones the other day and found some hilarious similarities...

dw-s5-promo-home1.jpg

indiana-jones.jpg

Bowties are cool....

Last edited:
:lol Bowties ARE cool! :lecture

Now bcm I presume you're not a Tennant fan? :monkey3 But from what I have seen of Tennant I quite enjoyed :dunno So i'll probably watch a few more of him, but thanks for the tips on the earlier series, I just really didn't have a clue where to start with them.

:lol Bowties ARE cool! :lecture

Now bcm I presume you're not a Tennant fan? :monkey3 But from what I have seen of Tennant I quite enjoyed :dunno So i'll probably watch a few more of him, but thanks for the tips on the earlier series, I just really didn't have a clue where to start with them.

I have no issue with the man........that would be stupid as I've never even met him but I'll always consider his portrayal of the Doctor to be the most one dimensional, predictable and downright irritating incarnation of the character yet, so much so that were it within my power I'd have his run deleted from the archives and re-edit Christopher Eccleston's last story so he regenerated into Matt Smith.

If you like what you've seen of him already then by all means check out more of his stories but I really don't think you'd be missing out on a whole lot.

Should I just watch the newer seasons, or are the older ones good as well? Any suggestions?

Many fans will tell you to watch the older seasons, and I quite like them myself. However. The older episodes were made in a different time and have a very different aesthetic. The productions are much less "realistic" and much stagier.

Your best bet is to watch the new series episodes first, and then if you're interested check out one or two of the stone cold classics to see if you like the vibe. Fans will often throw out their favorite episodes, but to be honest you probably need to start with "Robots of Death." It's a great, solid production generally regarded as one of the best. If you can't get into that, skip the rest, really. There are other episodes I prefer, but that's pretty much the best classic story for checking out the show.

Don't bother with the '60s or '80s as a first experience. They're great, but at this stage they're going to be an acquired taste.

Welcome to the fold!

Totally ignore Doctors 6,7 & 8 unless you feel the need to see them for completion's sake.

I've found "Remembrance of the Daleks" is good for the casual viewer. The final McCoy season is very much like the new series, and fans of the one would probably find something to enjoy in "Ghost Light," "The Curse of Fenric" and "Survival," especially watched in sequence for the character development.

Aside from budget, character development is the biggest difference between the two series. Obviously the classic series doesn't look nearly as good because of money, but the writing is often clever and many of the performances are mesmerizing. But aside from the first Hartnell season and the last McCoy season, character development is virtually non-existent, which means you get a very different type of companion dynamic.

I'm sure Brendan would tell you that's a positive, though! :)

I've found "Remembrance of the Daleks" is good for the casual viewer. The final McCoy season is very much like the new series, and fans of the one would probably find something to enjoy in "Ghost Light," "The Curse of Fenric" and "Survival," especially watched in sequence for the character development.\

:lecture:lecture:lecture

The McCoy era is hugely underrated, imo.

LOVED The Pandorica Opens. I have only really got into DW for the first time this season, and I am loving it so far. Can't wait for Saturday! :rock

Watch the newer seasons. You will actually get a feel for how the show is now.

Everything before Christopher Eccelston's series 1 you can ignore completly and not really miss anything. The old series is a dinosaur than lacks all the epic cinematic feel that a show like this demands. Except for a few clips on youtube I have only seen one classic story, and the cheapness of everything was beyond laughable.

Back