Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is kind of like she is sometimes made out to be more important than the Doctor at points, in a way the 4 series of the revival have had something to do with her character! should rename it from Doctor Who to Rose Tyler!

Had be been able to get away with it I reckon RTD would have done away with the Doctor altogether because it was clear that he preferred writing all the stuff with the companions and their relatives.

Ohhhhhh.....So Rose is the blonde. I was going to ask about her name. I felt bad calling her the "blonde" and "side-kick." :lol

It won't be for a while, but I WILL watch the episodes starting from 2005. This show definitely looks amazing. I'm glad I found it when I did. Better late, then never.

How to recognise the companions,

Blonde hair, mouth like a fish, treated with more importance than the Doctor = Rose Tyler

Great looking colored girl that doesn't really do much = Martha Jones

Looks like a member of Jabba's Court, shouts every line at several million decibels = Donna Noble

Scottish redhead that always looks spooked by something = Amy Pond

Martha did quite a lot actually, she walked the earth for a year spreading the word of the lord...i mean the doctor, spent 3 months being his personal slave so he could surive the family of blood, had her whole family get tortured by the prime minister for a year also, get blasted into atoms so she could contact the doctor, forced to almost use the 'hausterhagen' key that decided the fate of the earth and the human race, fly the tardis/earth home and spend a few days getting effed up by Torchwood (getting turned old, almost dying, getting infected aliens style) so all in all apart from being really hot she did do a lot compared to the rest.
And a great first part to a finale from Moffats team, one downside things moved quite quick in editing and there was so much going on i think il have to watch again becaus ei couldnt really keep up! bring on next week!

That first part really made me desperate to see what happens next week. Interesting that Rory is STILL indeed dead. Ha, I love Autons. I wonder if the rumors are true that this will have been one big scheme by Omega...

I did actually laugh out loud when the doctor took ages to realise and then that silent moment where he just poked him in the chest and rory creaked back and forth, i dont know though Memnoch i cant see Omega being behind this plot not with everyone in alliance like they are. Not sure why Weevils were present rather than slitheen or weeping angels because the docotr hasnt beat them yet, thats all Torchwood right?

Martha did quite a lot actually, she walked the earth for a year spreading the word of the lord...i mean the doctor, spent 3 months being his personal slave so he could surive the family of blood, had her whole family get tortured by the prime minister for a year also, get blasted into atoms so she could contact the doctor, forced to almost use the 'hausterhagen' key that decided the fate of the earth and the human race, fly the tardis/earth home and spend a few days getting effed up by Torchwood (getting turned old, almost dying, getting infected aliens style) so all in all apart from being really hot she did do a lot compared to the rest.

Again you'll have to forgive my sketchiness over series 3 & 4, the brain bleach I used was pretty strong and I'd already stopped bothering with Torchwood long before she was in it :)

I did actually laugh out loud when the doctor took ages to realise and then that silent moment where he just poked him in the chest and rory creaked back and forth, i dont know though Memnoch i cant see Omega being behind this plot not with everyone in alliance like they are. Not sure why Weevils were present rather than slitheen or weeping angels because the docotr hasnt beat them yet, thats all Torchwood right?

I don't know, there's been special emphasis on the voice and the phrase silence will fall. Omega mayy still be trapped in the anti-matter universe. And he always was a trouble maker. I just want to see more Time Lords return and cause problems for the Doctor - it's more fun that way.

Perhaps the Master and the Rani again, im not so hot on the big collar stuck up Time lords of the past shows that i have seen. I had read some where that the doctor had a bad personality during his 12 and 13 incarnations incarnated in the Valeyard? with what happned at the end of Amys Choice would he not be an option? perhaps in the future?

Well the Master is back on Gallifrey for the last day of the Time War, the Rani is unaccounted for (but not brilliant enough to pull this off). And the Valeyard is a possibly mid way point between the 12 and 13(final) regeneration of the Doctor. Much in the way that the Watcher was an incarnation between 4 and 5.

If it was Omega which would be a HUGE reveal i think maybe it would of been right at the end of this episode as a cliffhanger, as cools as that would be there is too much going on with all the enemies and amy + rory, doctor being taken away that i think any major antognist return will somewhat be underwhelming or too much to be the impact it deserved.

Against my better judgement I decided to give Moffat's first attempt at a big finale a go and here's what I thought,

The style over substance generation may be impressed with the BBC emptying the costume department of pretty much every baddie in the modern era, lots of CGI spacecraft whizzing around Stonehenge in shots that looked suspiciously similar to the end of "Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind", or even random name dropping of several other races that didn't show up, but by the end I was just thinking "bring on the reset button".

The setup was exactly the same as the previous 4 series, the Doctor and co are in BIG trouble, everything looks BAD........but don't worry kids, nobody ever dies in Nu-Who so Amy will be just fine, River ( sadly ) will also make it and the Doctor will zap the reset button with his screwdriver and all will be as normal.

The only difference from the RTD era was that all the continuity was reasonably coherent.

I think the idea was great, to have a huge ending to the series by bringing all the bad guys together to defeat a common enemy but the final result was rather confusing and over crowded with far too much quick editing. Amy might die just as rory is but the younger Amelia makes an apperance so maybe one dies and the other lives. Theres 4 big storys going on at once which is hard to invest in them all, the doctor and the pandorica, amy and rory, river stuck in the tardis which is going to explode and amy's house. still looking forward to next week and i think il view this weeks again today to see if i missed anything important!

Nothing wrong with the idea at all, it's the execution that sucked because as ever the BBC tried to cram too much into a short space of time and the 1000mph pacing was turned up to 11.

I love the idea of the TARDIS exploding and taking River Song with it but I suppose that's wishful thinking because nobody ever dies in Nu-Who.

I reckon instead of sending a generation of kids to hide behind the sofa the current show and it's spinoffs will have them believing that people don't really die, they just come back at different points in history or even a matter of moments later so they can be "killed" all over again.

To redress the balance I suggest a crossover story where a Terminator shows up and picks off a dozen or so characters from past & present before the Doctor walks up behind it and deactivates it with the screwdriver as it will no doubt have a "switch off the near indestructible killer robot" setting :)

one major gripe i did have and i get why it was done and everything but how in the blue hell did amy remember Rory so quick? the guy blinks out of existance and 15 minutes after seeing the big nose again she remembers everything, i do like that rory is still dead though. Doctor who is a lot like Heroes in a way, no one ever dies properly they get killed then come back later on. To be honest though i dont ever expect the doctor or amy to die unless its announced by the bbc first its always a big thing when some cats members changes and in todays climate its much harder to keep secrets from leaking to the press. There are however far more effective ways of ruining their lives, without killing people like the way the 3rd doctor was forced to stay on earth in exile after the 2nds forced regneration.

What's with alternate blue ties and burgandy ties? Ever since Amy's Choice...
Is this all the Doctor's dream, this season. Who IS the Dream Master, and is it The Doctor? Now would be a particularly fun time to have about five (or more if possible) Doctors show up, to "save" this new Doctor who clearly didn't regenerate in reality. It's all in some dream or alternate Universe state. I'd kill for about five or six previous Doctors to show up, summoned somehow to the scene of the crime, or otherwise, wanting to get a look at this new one that's got it all screwed up and got himself locked away. That or he's intentionally locked away to solve something.
It's all some mystery season, one big mystery. And yes, there is some possibility that it's a former foe, not the Master or Davros...

Curious. Very odd goings on. I think Moffat's trying to unravel the last few years somehow.

I think its just a choice of the wardrobe dept. 10 had a blue suit and a brown suit just to shake things up a bit and the red vs blue bow tie is no different.

Cool idea about the multi-docs. I doubt it plays out that way, but its a cool idea. Me and my boys just finished watching part one and I agree with bcm that the exposition was too rushed but on the whole I loved this episode. My little filipina niece thought it was a very strange indeed. :lol

I think Moffat's trying to unravel the last few years somehow.

:yess:

Intresting theory on the series possibly being a dream or alternate reality, that would certainly explain why the Cybusmen were present and not the proper ones UNLESS they were meant to be Mondasian but they didn't have the budget to redesign them for this series?

If a multi Doctor story ever happens again I'd prefer an animated one so that the older ones could still look like they did during their respective runs.

The sons of Patrick Troughton and Jon Pertwee could stand in for their fathers for something like a voiceover and there's bound to be someone out there who can do a decent Hartnell impersonation.

:yess:

Intresting theory on the series possibly being a dream or alternate reality, that would certainly explain why the Cybusmen were present and not the proper ones UNLESS they were meant to be Mondasian but they didn't have the budget to redesign them for this series?

If that's their excuse, why didn't they just chisel off the C??? :mad::mad::mad:

Also, loving the zombie Cyberman...

Back