Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If that's their excuse, why didn't they just chisel off the C??? :mad::mad::mad:

Also, loving the zombie Cyberman...

No idea, the name dropping of Zygons & Draconians was only done as a token nod to the shows past that ultimately served little purpose so I expect the thought process was,

Moffat:"What else can we throw in there that'll look cool?"

( A production assistant checks the costumes in storage )

"We've still got some Cyberman costumes left over from the last era"

Moffat:"Perfect"

Yeah, I don't think there's that much thought to some of the appearances of the actual aliens, just a spray of costumes. Well said.
Also, I do think that the dialogue of this whole season tells us what's going on. And there are plenty of red herrings.
Omega? Possible, but unsure yet.
I do like that it's where a normal season cliffhanger SHOULD be, but we get some resolve next week. I think it needs to not resolve completely...
No more pat endings. Hate that. Worked only in Eccleston's season as a pattern hadn't developed yet.
Time (no pun intended) for new approaches.

Maybe the red herrings are the key?

Here we all are speculating whether it's Omega or whoever and it'll turn out to be an army of evil fish?

It'd be like the Spanish Inquisition. Nobody would expect it.

the blow fish from torchwood were shown on confidential, perhaps human blowfish?! lmao that would be a huge let down, i have learnt from a good source that the main villain behind the whole series is RTD, he wants his job back or he's going to kill off the doctor!

the blow fish from torchwood were shown on confidential, perhaps human blowfish?! lmao that would be a huge let down, i have learnt from a good source that the main villain behind the whole series is RTD, he wants his job back or he's going to kill off the doctor!

Considering he turned an eccentric, unpredictable, alien time traveller into something akin to a generic human action hero I would argue he almost killed the Doctor already.

The worst could be yet to come as he's managed to weasel his way into writing for Matt Smith as he's having the Doctor appear in the next series of SJA.

All the good work done by Moffat in making his Doctor true to the older incarnations could potentially get nuked with a script that'll have him saying "Brilliant!" 4 times a sentence.

I dont think RTD will have complete dominance over the Doctor role without running it past Moffat first because he's not in creative control of the character. RTD didnt change the character that much in 9's era i think he had made the Doctor a bit more tenacious and darker, born of the war but he wasnt the hero more of an unwilling defender who over the course of the series became almost able to let his experience in the war settle easier. Ten was more confident and outgoing than his previous one, far more excited by being able to save people but still kept a certain dark side like before which came out when he was pushed too far. I dont think RTD changed the character rather just invent a new personality for the Doctor as the past 8 had did before, well i didnt hate it anyways.

well I absolutely *loved* this episode. The dialogue, Matt Smith's delivery, the scale, stonehenge.... just everything. Great episode :)

What's with alternate blue ties and burgandy ties? Ever since Amy's Choice...
Is this all the Doctor's dream, this season. Who IS the Dream Master, and is it The Doctor? Now would be a particularly fun time to have about five (or more if possible) Doctors show up, to "save" this new Doctor who clearly didn't regenerate in reality. It's all in some dream or alternate Universe state. I'd kill for about five or six previous Doctors to show up, summoned somehow to the scene of the crime, or otherwise, wanting to get a look at this new one that's got it all screwed up and got himself locked away. That or he's intentionally locked away to solve something.
It's all some mystery season, one big mystery. And yes, there is some possibility that it's a former foe, not the Master or Davros...

Curious. Very odd goings on. I think Moffat's trying to unravel the last few years somehow.

I was hoping the Dream Master would be revealed to be the Valeyard who was supposed to be the Doctor himself, a future incarnation or projection of his darker side. It would also be an interesting twist to discover that River is The Rani since she did say that the Doctor hasn't figured out yet who she really is. I also think Moffat is (thankfully) trying to undo the damage RTD did with his alternate timeline continuity i.e. Cybus Cybermen, The Master etc. I would LOVE to see the return of the original Cybermen (Earthshock era) and David Banks reprising the role of Cyber Leader. I also hope the original Daleks will return and not the modern Skittles colored Ferrari sports car Daleks that Moffat introduced in Victory of the Daleks. I'm all for hitting the reset button and bringing the modern series more in-line with the Classic series continuity. I'd even love to see McGann make an appearance.

The only problem with River being the Rani is she already died in the future a human, she did say the doctor taught her how to use the Tardis but that had to be quite early on in their 'relationship of sorts' and if she was the Rani wouldnt she be able to fly the a Tardis already? i get confused how her line of time is opposite to his! I like the cybermen how they currently look visually but i would like them to get a personality overhaul rather than just trudging along muttering "delete!". I agree Moffats big boo-boo was changing RTD's quite acceptable looking daleks into some odd Apple esque iDALEK would a can of spray paint and some new colours not sufficed for the old models they had?

well I absolutely *loved* this episode. The dialogue, Matt Smith's delivery, the scale, stonehenge.... just everything. Great episode :)

Interesting how the Doctor made absolutely no reference to his previous visit to Stonehenge (Stones of Blood) searching for the Key to Time nor was there any sign of the rock creatures (Ogri) or the ship that was hovering over them in hyperspace for thousands of years. Could the "voice" be the Black Guardian?

The only problem with River being the Rani is she already died in the future a human, she did say the doctor taught her how to use the Tardis but that had to be quite early on in their 'relationship of sorts' and if she was the Rani wouldnt she be able to fly the a Tardis already? i get confused how her line of time is opposite to his! I like the cybermen how they currently look visually but i would like them to get a personality overhaul rather than just trudging along muttering "delete!". I agree Moffats big boo-boo was changing RTD's quite acceptable looking daleks into some odd Apple esque iDALEK would a can of spray paint and some new colours not sufficed for the old models they had?

:exactly: Kate O'Mara's Rani could be River's future regeneration which is why the 11th Doctor fails to recognize her.

I also don't like how the modern Cybermen sound and act more like The Borg uttering lines like "You will be assimilated." :borg

Cybermen are just liek the borg, but less menacing lol i agree they are pretty much just rip-offs of that character as they are now. But once river had died she was 'saved' to the librarys databank where she could live along side her archology team. Hell im all for the Rani returning especially due to the fact it would be awesome to see a female antognist, i just dont think River is going to be her.

I always thought the Cybermen were much more frightening than the Borg who owe the Cybermen a huge debt of gratitude.

It would definitely make an interesting twist to River's character and seal her importance to the legacy of the series should she turn out to be the Rani. I always felt the Rani was a great nemesis every bit as much as the Master who didn't quite get her just due before the classic series was canceled.

River does seem to be a odd character, showing up now and then getting the Doctor involved in her troubles. I think her character is really inconsistant in terms of annoyance, when we first met her in the library she seemed worn and upset the Doctor never met her, then on the Byzantium she was brash, arrogant and cocky and a dominant and every bit annoying as the average house fly, Now at in this weeks episode she seemed desperate to help and toned down her mannerisms she exhibited before and i agree her character would be superb revealed as the Rani. Im wondering what is going on with Amy now considering all this series stems around her, she seems to be the centre of everything that has gone wrong from the cracks to her odd house.

Amy is a temporal nexus. If she's just imagining everything then I don't know how she can project the Nestenes, Sontarans and other races she's never encountered before so they must all be real somehow to that thread of the spacetime continuum. With all of the timelines unraveling from the cracks I think everything will get sorted out and the universe reset back to normal like Gallifrey and the timelords.

so the time lock that surrounds Galifrey will be broken? which means the War would either continue of the Time-Lords could go back and change the results. I hate trying to make sense of time-travel sometimes it makes my head want to explode! I'd liek to see the master return sans force lightning, flying, skull flashing, mad chicken eating and actually get a real reason to kill the doctor other than 'hes mental' if people's rumours are right and omega returns i think the next series could be pretty different to what we saw before provided he isnt defeated in one episode.

I was hoping the Dream Master would be revealed to be the Valeyard who was supposed to be the Doctor himself, a future incarnation or projection of his darker side. It would also be an interesting twist to discover that River is The Rani since she did say that the Doctor hasn't figured out yet who she really is. I also think Moffat is (thankfully) trying to undo the damage RTD did with his alternate timeline continuity i.e. Cybus Cybermen, The Master etc. I would LOVE to see the return of the original Cybermen (Earthshock era) and David Banks reprising the role of Cyber Leader. I also hope the original Daleks will return and not the modern Skittles colored Ferrari sports car Daleks that Moffat introduced in Victory of the Daleks. I'm all for hitting the reset button and bringing the modern series more in-line with the Classic series continuity. I'd even love to see McGann make an appearance.

David Banks returning as the Cyber Leader would be EXCELLENT!

River Song turning out to be the Rani would be infinitely preferable to her being the Doctor's wife.

I like the new Daleks, maybe the colors are a bit loud but I like how the design has been freshened up.

If the Master returns Simm should be replaced as part of the reboot the character badly needs. I think any of the following would be more than adequate replacements,

1.Alan Rickman
2.Paul Darrow
3.Anthony Head
4.Tom Hollander
5.Robert Carlyle

The goatee also needs to return for the added evilness it brings to the character :)

When the Cybermen return properly it seems that the Mondasian ones could well be back as the budget apparently ran out this series though that doesn't explain why they didn't take the Cybus logos off the existing ones in the last episode.

I'd also like to see the Sontarans given a bit of a tweak....a new group of clones could be hatched that are taller than the previous ones and if they were written to be a "special forces" group then the change of their armor color to a much more suitable black or dark grey would also make sense in the actual story.

If Davros returns the single biggest change would be to get the guy who does the regular Dalek voices to do his voice, all the Emperor Palpatine style dialogue needs to go and the vocal "tic" the character originally had in "Genesis of the Daleks" where he started sounding like a Dalek the more angry he became needs to return because it really made the character believable as their creator.

A new UNIT setup for occasional stories would be nice too. I'd have a story where the Brigadier meets the Doctor one last time and gets killed saving his life. The new leader of UNIT could be the Brigadier's son or nephew Nicholas Lethbridge Stuart ( as a nod to Nick Courtney ) and if possible be played by Chris Barrie who sorta resembles a younger Brig. I'd call his no 2 Sgt Letts as a tribute to legendary Who producer Barry Letts.

thats the thing with the the title of the last episode of the series the Big Bang, what will actully happen as really, to be honest not too much because of River, we know that teh Universe will be fine because of the crash of the Byzantium planet and the Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead. but characters can change and yea i dont like the new Darlek's.
the best way i have seen them is compairing them to Mini's.
the new ones are like the newer BMW Mini version comapired to the ones used in series 1-4 are like the classic slimmer, metalic ones.

Chris Barrie in Who would be effin genius! he is a bit more of a comedy actor usually but im sure he could pull it off. Anthony Head has already appeared as a villian headmaster in 'school reunion' it might be too soon to add him in a different villian role. Brian Cox is a big name but i think he could be great as the master given his turn as William Strike rin X2, plus the guy has a goatee lol

Just rewatched the opening of the new episode, interesting reference to Jack Harkness i think when River is in the bar buying a Vortex Manipulator, The blue guy states "fresh off the wrist of a handsome young time agent" then the Vortex device is brought in a box "I said Off the wrist" so will Jack be flying back to torchwood US with one arm and no fancy bracelet?

Last edited:
Chris Barrie in Who would be effin genius! he is a bit more of a comedy actor usually but im sure he could pull it off. Anthony Head has already appeared as a villian headmaster in 'school reunion' it might be too soon to add him in a different villian role. Brian Cox is a big name but i think he could be great as the master given his turn as William Striker in X2, plus the guy has a goatee lol

Just rewatched the opening of the new episode, interesting reference to Jack Harkness i think when River is in the bar buying a Vortex Manipulator, The blue guy states "fresh off the wrist of a handsome young time agent" then the Vortex device is brought in a box "I said Off the wrist" so will Jack be flying back to torchwood US with one arm and no fancy bracelet?

If you look at the bits of Red Dwarf where Rimmer is trying to act all serious and "military" ( before he screws up of course ) you'll see why I think Mr Barrie could be a perfect UNIT leader, some of his facial expressions are suprisingly similar to a younger Nick Courtney so all he'd need to do is dye his hair black and grow the mustache and he'd be very believeable as one of his relatives.

Brian Cox would be another great choice to play the Master though frankly anyone who isn't John Simm would be an improvement. He's a good actor in other things but was horribly miscast in Who.

I noticed the Captain Jack reference and rolled my eyes, anything that keeps him out of Who is a bonus IMO, I thought he was OK at first but the "can't die" angle got used far too much and he became Kenny from South Park.

Back