Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its true. As an extra spoiler he is playing
Spoiler Spoiler:

:rock :rock :rock

I'm not familiar with the character aside from reading about him on Wikipedia but he sounds intresting and even if Tennant is still the Doctor for his story I could be tempted to watch.
I hope his appearance is saved for series 5 though as that way he's less likely to be screwed over in the same way that The Master,Davros and the Daleks were by RTD.

I'm not familiar with the character aside from reading about him on Wikipedia but he sounds intresting and even if Tennant is still the Doctor for his story I could be tempted to watch.
I hope his appearance is saved for series 5 though as that way he's less likely to be screwed over in the same way that The Master,Davros and the Daleks were by RTD.

Here is some more good news:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Here is some more good news:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Any chance you can find confirmation that David Tennant is leaving in the last of next year's specials to add to these 2 great bits of news?
I think Steven Moffatt has got his work cut out to restore the Daleks to being a legit threat again but if he can manage it then maybe I'll be a bit more convinced that he's as good as most people already seem to think.

It is likely from what I have heard that series 5 will be DT's final season as the Doctor.

Not quite as early as I'd like but at least the end is in sight!
Maybe with Steven Moffatt in charge it could mean that Tennant gets better scripts to work with that will enable him to show some different sides to his portrayal of the Doctor.

I really hope the Daleks aren't going to turn up in the opening two parter of series 5. I like the Daleks (correction, I liked how they were used in the first and second series of the show) but they became a bit of a joke in series three and especially the end of series four with them being so easily defeated. I'd like the series to give them a bit of a rest for a couple of years and maybe bring them back in series six or seven. Then again Moffatt is an excellent writer so if he's at the helm perhaps the Daleks will be darker like in the first series.

I thought Moffatt had said at SDCC he wasn't going to rely too much on the classic characters and was going to concerntrate more on creating "the nostalgia of tomorrow" during his run. Wouldn't mind seeing the Zygons return though and because I haven't watched the classic series when they bring back some of the classic monsters it's my first introduction to them like the Sontarans. So that's no bad thing.

I agree that it's important to create new "classics" and I think the Judoon,Ood, Slitheen (minus toilet humor ) and maybe the Sycorax have that potential already but I think the temptation to fall back on the old favorites will always be there especially if ratings start to slip.

I think the Judoon and the Slitheen will almost certainly be reused again and again, if not in Who itself in Sarah Jane and other spin offs. The Judoon are a great vehicle for stories because they're kind of like alien cops/bounty hunters and that gives them a lot of potential to turn up in all kinds of different stories.

I think the Ood could be used at least one more time, maybe in a story that shows what they've become now they're a free society. Have they turned on their captors and built a load of spaceships etc. After that though I'm not sure where else the writers could take them without it looking like they'd been put in just for the sake of it.

One idea I had would be to have some sort of fugitive end up travelling with the Doctor with the Judoon in hot pursuit over the course of a few episodes.
The fugitive would turn out to be wrongly accused of the crime so the Doctor would help him prove his innocence and point the Judoon in the direction of the real criminal.

One idea I had would be to have some sort of fugitive end up travelling with the Doctor with the Judoon in hot pursuit over the course of a few episodes.
The fugitive would turn out to be wrongly accused of the crime so the Doctor would help him prove his innocence and point the Judoon in the direction of the real criminal.

Decent enough idea.

There are some novels coming out next year one of which features the Judoon I'm looking forward to picking them up. I've read several of the novels since the new series started and really enjoyed most of them, but it's nice to finally see more stories that include monsters from the series as they usually use all new monsters.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Doctor-Who...=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1222611540&sr=8-6

Decent enough idea.

There are some novels coming out next year one of which features the Judoon I'm looking forward to picking them up. I've read several of the novels since the new series started and really enjoyed most of them, but it's nice to finally see more stories that include monsters from the series as they usually use all new monsters.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Doctor-Who...=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1222611540&sr=8-6

Some of those novels sound intresting from the info I've read about them and I'll probably give one a go at some point as they don't cost much.
Even if I don't like it I can always let my niece have it as she reads a lot.

If you decide to give one a go let me know which before you do, because I've read most of them so can probably give you an idea which ones you'll enjoy and which to avoid.

Off the top of my head Human Nature and Deviant Strain (both Ninth Doc are good) and Feast Of The Drowned, Sting Of The Zygons and The Doctor Trap (Tenth Doc) are also pretty decent. Resurrection Casket is also worth a read if you like pirate stories, just takes a while to get going. When new novels are released WH Smiths and places like that usually do three of two as well.

If you decide to give one a go let me know which before you do, because I've read most of them so can probably give you an idea which ones you'll enjoy and which to avoid.

Off the top of my head Human Nature and Deviant Strain (both Ninth Doc are good) and Feast Of The Drowned, Sting Of The Zygons and The Doctor Trap (Tenth Doc) are also pretty decent. Resurrection Casket is also worth a read if you like pirate stories, just takes a while to get going. When new novels are released WH Smiths and places like that usually do three of two as well.

OK will do! The Zygon story was one of the ones I was looking at as I like the Classic story they were in and the recent Character Options figure.

I don't go looking for spoilers, but I came across this gem while searching for something wholly unrelated to Who (warning for spoilers again):

https://www.trektoday.com/news/051008_03.shtml

All I can say is, OMFG!!!!! :horror

Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't go looking for spoilers, but I came across this gem while searching for something wholly unrelated to Who (warning for spoilers again):

Spoiler Spoiler:

OMFG indeed

He's awesome and would be a great addition.

Spoiler Spoiler:

You only need to have read my posts from last week to learn all that and more.

New casting spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

and more:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Its true. As an extra spoiler he is playing
Spoiler Spoiler:

:rock :rock :rock

Here is some more from the same guy who originally reported the casting rumor:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Here is some more from the same guy who originally reported the casting rumor:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Now that sounds GOOD,but is it too good to be true?

Back