Do you want Hot toys to re-release AVP predators? (POLL)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should hot toys re-release AVP predators???

• Yes, hot toys should re-release AVP predators!!!!!

Votes: 67 60.4%
  • No, hot toys should not re-release AVP predators....

Votes: 44 39.6%

• Total voters

AVP99

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey guys! im bringing this topic up due to some freaks and myself discussing wether Hot toys should will re-release AVP predators or not. There are advantages and disadvantages of RE-RELEASE AVP Predators. The advantages are possible newly updates head scuplts and mandibles etc. etc., and for the alot people who missed out the original release 2006. The disadvantage are the freaks that already own and paid triple the retail prices for these. I have a poll up so please use it and hopefully this will catch Hot toys eyes. I personally want Hot toys AVP predators should re-release with updates versions i.e, Battle Damaged. Hot toys will make madddd cheese$$$$$ if they do. Whats your input?:naughty

Last edited:
I dont have any AVP preds and have no intention of buying any even if re-released as they werent the classics I grew up with.

I voted yes. I'd get a Celtic or a Scar.
I payed a lot for my P2 Elder (almost triple retail price) but I wouldn't have a problem if they re released him. The more the merrier.

yep... don't see why not. There only figures I guess.
I think the avp predators could do with some removable mandibles and better dreads.

I wont buy HT AVP preds or aliens.
But I say yes to the re-release……I want to see people go mad for it……
oh I'm crazy……

Yes, but only if they're significantly updated from the originals. I'm not for a straight-up reissue.

I dont like reissues very much.. for example.. they rereleased 12" classic Gijoe.. and completely destroyed the loose vintage market..now you can get a vintage adventure team for 20 easily.. whereas you would normally pay like $$50 or $60.. even 3in gijoe.. doesnt get the money it used to.. cuz now all the exclusive vehicles are brand new at target...and they made them in the same colors as vintage... so now you cant give vintage vehicles away.... real piss poor marketing on targets part..the vehicles are nice.. when they are in different colors than the originals..

Another example.. i dont think the original 300 owners of Patient Zero.. would really want to see a rerelease..since I am one of the 300.. I have to admit.. I like owning it.. and wouldnt want a reissue..

now mind you reissues that have different paint jobs on them so they can easily be destinquished..I mean totally look different.. I would be fine with.. so it doesnt mess up the market..

I dont have any AVP preds and have no intention of buying any even if re-released as they werent the classics I grew up with.
samesies.
there isn't a poll choice for "i don't care".

but, i voted "yes" because it will make the suckers who paid through the nose for them cry.
frowny clown for you <:O(

I vote no unless they are a retool version and not just another production run off the same molds. The Pred technology has advanced a long way since the AVP Preds and it would be a huge step backwards to rehash these figs. The only Pred figure I could honestly say would be worth a rehash/reissue would be the P2 Elder.

since i dont have any of the original avp preds, i wouldnt mind seeing an updated version of scar and celtic.

I dont like reissues very much.. for example.. they rereleased 12" classic Gijoe.. and completely destroyed the loose vintage market..now you can get a vintage adventure team for 20 easily.. whereas you would normally pay like $$50 or $60.. even 3in gijoe.. doesnt get the money it used to.. cuz now all the exclusive vehicles are brand new at target...and they made them in the same colors as vintage... so now you cant give vintage vehicles away.... real piss poor marketing on targets part..the vehicles are nice.. when they are in different colors than the originals..

Another example.. i dont think the original 300 owners of Patient Zero.. would really want to see a rerelease..since I am one of the 300.. I have to admit.. I like owning it.. and wouldnt want a reissue..

now mind you reissues that have different paint jobs on them so they can easily be destinquished..I mean totally look different.. I would be fine with.. so it doesnt mess up the market..

I agree with this reply! Plus I feel that a re-issue would take the "romance" out of owning these hard to find figures. I could nit pick here and there, but I am happy with my AVP Preds......Chopper being my fav.

YES! please, i missed out on all of them, I didn't have the funds until now. These are my top priority, also I really don't want to sell my organs now to pay for the asking prices now for the preds.

Well I have to admit the new 3in gijoes are retooled versions of classic figures so thats cool.. but the vehicles didnt get retooled exept for some minor changes to weapon barrels.. otherwise it looks the same.. with new dates..

As far as the predators go... in my opinion they need to continue to offer more predators.. not reissue old ones..if you had them all.. you wouldnt have anything to continue to strive for.. and sometimes with some hunting.. you can find them for decent prices..mind you rarely.. but not impossible..

not to mention.. I think when predators were 1st issued they were like $80.. and now when they come out they are like $120 or something like that..deffinite price difference..

In all fairness.. perhaps some retooled versions would be cool.. like a Battle Damaged Celtic or something.. A totally new sculpt ..so the original would still hold its value..

No.

The thing to really think about, is if they re-release the AVP stuff, because the line caught on and soooo many people lost out, what happens after that?

After PREDATOR is released, I could see them doing one or two more - but really, Hot Toys has given us some great collectibles myself, and so many of you love - with the amazing job they're doing on the first Predator, I think they should let this be it, and go out with a big bang.

They've virtually done everything with this franchise they can with the 1/6 stuff, I'd rather them NOT remake anything. To me, it would diminish what brought the line to where it is now.

There are dozens of extremely talented companies out there who have put out AMAZING Predator items, so it's not like (if you're a big fan) your collection HAS to stop. Shift gears, discover something else, and then something else, or hunt for what is missing in your Hot Toys collection.

Hell, Sideshow has said they are FAR from done with the AVP, Predator, and Alien licenses, so there is that to look forward to as well.

I'm sorry if you missed out, really I am. I did too, but I found Scar, and the Elder both at good prices below $250. Collecting should, in my eyes, be more than just being spoiled to the point of finding ^^^^ as easily as you can. This (to me) seems more like newer collectors of the HT stuff being upset they missed out on the AVP stuff, and want HT to rerelease them just so they don't have to do much work themselves. Hunt for whatever it is you want, when you have to wait - it makes it that much better.

Back