Do you want Hot toys to re-release AVP predators? (POLL)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should hot toys re-release AVP predators???

• Yes, hot toys should re-release AVP predators!!!!!

Votes: 67 60.4%
  • No, hot toys should not re-release AVP predators....

Votes: 44 39.6%

• Total voters
Sorry, should have phrased it better. Obviously the option exists to buy on the secondary market, but the prices make it impossible for all but the most determined. Would you deny someone else the opportunity to buy the AVP Preds at or near retail because you were willing to spend more? Because that's what voting no in this poll implies. IMO it's a very negative line to take.

what happened to MR and their SW license?

complete over-saturation of the products by releasing an entire line of "Limited Edition" lightsabers and blasters, then came out with "Elite" editions of already made lightsabers with just a few different things, then they had "Collector's" edition lightsabers that were cheaper than the already made Limited and Elite products.

Sorry, should have phrased it better. Obviously the option exists to buy on the secondary market, but the prices make it impossible for all but the most determined. Would you deny someone else the opportunity to buy the AVP Preds at or near retail because you were willing to spend more? Because that's what voting no in this poll implies. IMO it's a very negative line to take.
agreed.
complete over-saturation of the products by releasing an entire line of "Limited Edition" lightsabers and blasters, then came out with "Elite" editions of already made lightsabers with just a few different things, then they had "Collector's" edition lightsabers that were cheaper than the already made Limited and Elite products.
that is absolutely hilarious and every collectible maker should do it.

The question is, did that oversaturation hurt MR?
Otherwise it's just them getting more money off of their probably very expensive molds.

Which HT tries to do making different Preds with one type of body. I think we've only seen three types of bodies with the preds, right? The "regular" AvP/P2 body, the AvP-R Wolf-body and now the P1 body (which seems to have only minor changes).

All the upgrades have been to head-sculpts and accessories in reality.

hell no
the movies sucked and if Hot Toys is going to make anymore preds they should continue making the lost preds.

The question is, did that oversaturation hurt MR?
Otherwise it's just them getting more money off of their probably very expensive molds.

And, of course, no-one has to buy any of these things. If you feel that the nth variation of a collectible isn't worth shelling out for again, then you don't have to spend your hard-earned cash on it.

MR's approach sounds like one I can see HT taking - make any 'rereleases' slightly different to the originals, so that those who own the originals have (a) have some incentive to buy a second & (b) don't get too hung up that the 'rarity' of their original has suffered.

Battle Damaged Scar and Celtic preds FTW!!! :)

And, of course, no-one has to buy any of these things. If you feel that the nth variation of a collectible isn't worth shelling out for again, then you don't have to spend your hard-earned cash on it.

MR's approach sounds like one I can see HT taking - make any 'rereleases' slightly different to the originals, so that those who own the originals have (a) have some incentive to buy a second & (b) don't get too hung up that the 'rarity' of their original has suffered.

Battle Damaged Scar and Celtic preds FTW!!! :)

I wish they could make the blood more brighter like in the movies, but I'd be all over a brain splattered Celtic like Grid:rock2 Plus they can milk "tail in my stomach" Scar for Chopper since he shared a similar fate.

Which reminds me: Grid should have had a much more fitting finale. Dude single-handedly wasted two fully armed preds. He was one tough mofo. He shouldn't have gone down like a beeotch in that blast.

Which reminds me: Grid should have had a much more fitting finale. Dude single-handedly wasted two fully armed preds. He was one tough mofo. He shouldn't have gone down like a beeotch in that blast.

yep they made grid the big bad guy then got rid of him in like 3 seconds. :monkey4
Imagine if in predator arnie just ^^^^^ slapped predator and it ended or ripley picked up Newt in aliens and shot through the ceiling on a jet pack instead of having that tense scene with the queen , aliens and eggs and of course powerloader fight. :monkey4

I know they had the queen but grid was the one we really wanted to see the fight with !. Grid and scar should of battled it out !. :D

I remember hearing or reading somewhere that there was a sequence which involved Grid getting to the surface after the blast.
Probably would've been too complicated to have him survive and still have the big show-down with the queen.

Back on topic: yeah, bring some AvP preds re-releases!

I remember hearing or reading somewhere that there was a sequence which involved Grid getting to the surface after the blast.
Probably would've been too complicated to have him survive and still have the big show-down with the queen.

Back on topic: yeah, bring some AvP preds re-releases!

to be honest I would of personally preffered to have the queen left out and just have grid fight scar. I never liked the cg alien.

I don't know. Every time I see Lex running away from the queen I just imagine her running from a green screen. :lol
Then again I suppose it would of been the same with grid , just smaller. :rotfl

Oh btw !. I have a question you may be able to answer !.

There was an alien statue released ( or maybe a few of them ) from the first movie and I think it was sega who made them. It was stood up straight with its tail bending coming through its legs...

any idea what I'm talking about.. ?.

I'm thinking about trying to fnd one but I still haven't a clue who really made it and I can't find a photo now..

yep they made grid the big bad guy then got rid of him in like 3 seconds. :monkey4
Imagine if in predator arnie just ^^^^^ slapped predator and it ended or ripley picked up Newt in aliens and shot through the ceiling on a jet pack instead of having that tense scene with the queen , aliens and eggs and of course powerloader fight. :monkey4

I know they had the queen but grid was the one we really wanted to see the fight with !. Grid and scar should of battled it out !. :D

If that Celtic/Grid fight was the best they could do, then I'm glad there wasn't a real Grid/Scar fight:lol

Oh btw !. I have a question you may be able to answer !.

There was an alien statue released ( or maybe a few of them ) from the first movie and I think it was sega who made them. It was stood up straight with its tail bending coming through its legs...

any idea what I'm talking about.. ?.

I'm thinking about trying to fnd one but I still haven't a clue who really made it and I can't find a photo now..

Yup, that the SEGA statue. There's a few different versions. A kit that you have to put together that came in black or brown and a metal statue.
Pretty hard to find nowadays I think.

And Grid would've kicked Scar's butt all over the place.

Yup, that the SEGA statue. There's a few different versions. A kit that you have to put together that came in black or brown and a metal statue.
Pretty hard to find nowadays I think.

And Grid would've kicked Scar's butt all over the place.

I'm a fanboy i can't help it.:D

Back