Do you want Hot toys to re-release AVP predators? (POLL)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should hot toys re-release AVP predators???

• Yes, hot toys should re-release AVP predators!!!!!

Votes: 67 60.4%
  • No, hot toys should not re-release AVP predators....

Votes: 44 39.6%

• Total voters
I voted for no.

There're still plenty of other movie characters out there that would be cool to own. I'd rather them to give us something else, than a constant re runs.

yes i think they should the old avp predators are great and all but all of the scuplts and amor are the same plus i dont believe you should pay a bogus price like people are on ebay come on man a scar pred for $800 please man they should with the open mouth feature and better dreds please ive already sent them an email about this topic before , lets hope they listen

This is a simple vote between people that don't have them but want them and can't afford them VS. the people that have spent a fortune on them and people that no longer has any interest in them.

Of course yes, why not.
HT will get some more $$$ to be happy & to invest them into research the new techs for new cool figs, freaks won't need to spend a 300%-400% of the original price.

No.

I'm sorry if you missed out, really I am. I did too, but I found Scar, and the Elder both at good prices below $250. Collecting should, in my eyes, be more than just being spoiled to the point of finding ^^^^ as easily as you can. This (to me) seems more like newer collectors of the HT stuff being upset they missed out on the AVP stuff, and want HT to rerelease them just so they don't have to do much work themselves. Hunt for whatever it is you want, when you have to wait - it makes it that much better.

:lecture:lecture I completely agree. I voted no. To me it feels much better to have an item because it is limited and sold out, and to be one of the lucky ones to have it. Than there being a plentiful supply and everyone having them! :nono

:lecture:lecture I completely agree. I voted no. To me it feels much better to have an item because it is limited and sold out, and to be one of the lucky ones to have it. Than there being a plentiful supply and everyone having them! :nono

Imma go with Laudel and Adam too. I love the feeling of the hunt. And when you get it, that super rare piece like an Ancient. It feel so good inside. I mean hey I wouldn't mind paying for $150 or less for an AVP Pred too but I missed out and that's just tough luck. I worked hard, was very patient and over the course of 7-8 months was able to complete my collection. What a great feeling it was. :D:D:D

Voted Yes, and I've got all bar the Ani-Com Scar.

Only scalpers win from the insane secondary market prices the existing figures command... and I'd guess there are quite a few collectors who only got into the line once P2 was announced.

Ideally HT would do reworks rather than straight rereleases (a la BD Pred 2 and Cleaner Kit Wolf) but straight rereleases would still be cool.

Imma go with Laudel and Adam too. I love the feeling of the hunt. And when you get it, that super rare piece like an Ancient. It feel so good inside. I mean hey I wouldn't mind paying for $150 or less for an AVP Pred too but I missed out and that's just tough luck. I worked hard, was very patient and over the course of 7-8 months was able to complete my collection. What a great feeling it was. :D:D:D

Agreed..... after all it wouldn't be a collectible if you can pick em' up like a can of coke...

I have the ones I wanted (Scar and Celtic), and I doubt I'd get new versions, maybe an upgraded Elder or Chopper.
And I voted yes.

I have absolutely no respect for the "I want something really expensive and hard to find that no one else has", but that's just me. They're toys and I couldn't care less whether these are mass-produced in the millions.
If more people can be happy, then I'm happier.

no...you snooze you lose. i'm tired of hearing these threads every time someone decides that the Preds are too much on the secondary market. look what happened with Master Replicas and their Star Wars license.

I have the ones I wanted (Scar and Celtic), and I doubt I'd get new versions, maybe an upgraded Elder or Chopper.
And I voted yes.

I have absolutely no respect for the "I want something really expensive and hard to find that no one else has", but that's just me. They're toys and I couldn't care less whether these are mass-produced in the millions.
If more people can be happy, then I'm happier.
agreed. the whole coveting thing does get completely out of hand here. guess it goes with the territory.
and the poll looks like it's just about evenly divided between those who feel entitled to affordable figures and those who think they're sitting on a toy gold mine.
it's the haves vs the have-nots. and if ht does remake avp preds it'll be bedlam here. not that ht would care, but it will definitely be entertaining.

I have them all as well, and would welcome an updated version of the AVP Preds. And if, and thats a BIG IF the bottom falls out on the originals, that's awesome to all that want them.

I personally don't believe that will happen though....IMO it's wishful thinking.

I voted yes but only if they are totally new in design, including the packaging.

Leave the originals alone. These are "limited edition" collectibles and should remain that way. I also missed out on the colonial marines and simply refuse to pay the ridiculous secondary market prices. But that's my choice. (though I would love to have just "one" marine as a representative in my collection...) :monkey2

I guess there is always going to be things I always hear about this topic. If you have them you would vote no, either because you paid a lot or you value them a lot, not money wise but also the effort and time you put in to get them. I understand this view, I myself only have cleaner kit, machiko and lost pred but would love to be able to get them all.

I guess there is always going to be things I always hear about this topic. If you have them you would vote no, either because you paid a lot or you value them a lot, not money wise but also the effort and time you put in to get them. I understand this view, I myself only have cleaner kit, machiko and lost pred but would love to be able to get them all.

And you can get them all. Ebay has all of them at really really really reasonable prices!:rolleyes::lol

Now for only $50,000 plus shipping from Hong Kong and your soul. You can finally complete the entire Hot Toys Predator Collection. Hahaha!

agreed. the whole coveting thing does get completely out of hand here. guess it goes with the territory.

I don't think even that is the issue; I don't see anything wrong with wanting nice toys :).

What I find worrying in this thread is that there are so many that don't want reissues; which boils down to saying that you don't want 'latecomers' to have the chance to buy the figures you enjoy owning because, if they could, it would somehow devalue your own collection. IMO, it's an utterly negative hoarding mindset. If you're shallow enough that your self-esteem is linked to how rare or 'exclusive' the items in your toy collection are, then really you need to get out more.

I really dont care who else has the same figures as me.
:lol what makes collectibles that extra bit special?? could it be the edition size?? ;)
Its not about the money with me.

I don't think even that is the issue; I don't see anything wrong with wanting nice toys :).

What I find worrying in this thread is that there are so many that don't want reissues; which boils down to saying that you don't want 'latecomers' to have the chance to buy the figures you enjoy owning because, if they could, it would somehow devalue your own collection. IMO, it's an utterly negative hoarding mindset. If you're shallow enough that your self-esteem is linked to how rare or 'exclusive' the items in your toy collection are, then really you need to get out more.

Nobody's stopping the latecomers from collecting them, they're out there if you're willing to pay the price. I'm one of these "latecomers" as I've only started collecting these since Oct of this past year. I, myself, and myself alone, worked hard to be able to afford these toys at the outrageous prices they go for. So of course, I'd be disappointed if these were re-released and I could've just picked them up for the fraction of the cost.

But if for the small chance, they do actually get released, I'll just say "damn, oh well" and move on and accept my loss. And congratulate the 47 people who voted yes in the poll. At the end of the day, they're just (hot) toys:lol

Back