Hot Toys Han Solo & Chewbacca re-release with poll.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How important is exclusivity to you?

• Exclusivity is important to me and am discouraged about purchasing more Hot Toys

Votes: 30 21.7%
  • I'm happy for the re-release and it encourages me to purchase more of the Hot Toys Star Wars line

Votes: 108 78.3%

• Total voters
1529.gif

Are you talking collectibles in general or Hot Toys collectibles. I doubt there will a difference between the initial release and these.

I'm happy we're getting a re-release of this thread topic

:lecture A great opportunity for those who missed out on the first one and who don't want to read through 46 pages to catch up. Although the people who did so must be feeling fairly pissed off right now. They spent some serious temporal moolah.

Last edited:
The former. I'm just basing my guess for HT based on collectibles in general.

Thank you for the reply. I stand with that these will not be different and will garner no more worth than the first release. I'm sure there will be those that will asked if they are first release, second, third, etc., but in the community in general not many will care. This will fall in with those that complain about not having the shipper box, or that the shipper box is damaged.

Thank you for the reply. I stand with that these will not be different and will garner no more worth than the first release. I'm sure there will be those that will asked if they are first release, second, third, etc., but in the community in general not many will care. This will fall in with those that complain about not having the shipper box, or that the shipper box is damaged.

You're welcome. I would be inclined to agree though actually when it comes to these. I would be surprised if these figures possess any sort of conspicuous indication on the figure or the box that easily discerns them as being the second release. And as you mentioned, I don't think many will care. Many HT collectors I think collect simply for the nostalgic aspect. As long as a particular character is represented in their collection, that's all that matters.

Though, for those that do care, I don't think the first batch will lose their exclusivity (if there's any indication that distinguishes the 1st batch from the 2nd batch) at all. And that's just simply predicated on that with collectibles in general, the first editions of something are seemingly the most sought after, when it matters to people.

I did get these figures when announced and am a little disappointed they will be re-released. The exclusivity of the figures made me preorder future figures. The re-release has me rethinking about purchasing more Star Wars Hot Toys figures. They are very expensive so I may only purchase the figures I really really want in the future if at all.

Buying only the figures you really really want is a great way to focus your collection. I wish I'd thought of that years ago, I would've passed on all those Iron Man figures. I hate Iron Man.

Love this thread!

Thanks to the poll, we know, as of the moment I'm writing this, that we've got at least 13 would be scalpers on these boards!:lol

Someone brings the tar and feathers! I'll get the pitchfork and a rope!:lol

Last edited:
I don't care about exclusivity, but I would like to know what is gonna be re-released. Can I set Leia aside for some months (I want Boba and Sandie before, maybe even some LOTR stuff) and be quite sure that she's gonna be instock again even if she solds out?

Nah. The only 2 things that irk me about the hobby are HT prices themselves (borderline scalperish if you ask me) and when I pay those prices only to see some figure's go on clearance a few months later losing $100's in the process. I don't think I should be rewarded for PO so others can get their Mime Joker for $100 less plus double rewards.

Borderline? I think it's so blatant even Sideshow followed suit. I started feeling it since The Crow and you can still find it available (with SS it was the snowtrooper, I wanted a couple of those). And notice how they've started pulling back...

Borderline? I think it's so blatant even Sideshow followed suit. I started feeling it since The Crow and you can still find it available (with SS it was the snowtrooper, I wanted a couple of those). And notice how they've started pulling back...

I didn't want to start a ruckus so I chose "borderline" ..and yeah I have noticed the pull back on some figures especially here in the SW section. (Most aren't too bad thought they would all be $250 plus.)

These are just Adult Toys......everyone get over 'it'

Nothing made by man in the 21st Century is truly rare. The Mona Lisa is rare. HT doing a run of Chewbaccas that run in the tens of thousands = not rare

Back