Do you text while you drive?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't text and I don't have Facebook or any of that twatter crap.

I'm 23, If i need to talk to someone, I do it on the phone or in person. I Hate people who call you to hang out and then text the entire time their out.

When people we go out with do it, I tell them to their face I don't like them because they are dissconnected and self absorbed. It's always so funny, they never know what to say. I guess thats what happens when they don't have twenty minutes to think up and type a response. I actually went so far as to tell a girl to ^^^^ herself and left her at the bar because she was texting the whole time and kept asking me what I just said. She would zone out and then get all confused. Her friend is one of my best friends and gave me an earful of ^^^^ for it but I really don't care.

That PSA is awesome, should be required to anyone who buys a cell phone. When I got my pilots license, the very first thing we did, before I flew or started ground work to get the license, was watch a video of a helicopter crash. We had to so we understood what could happen.

Do they still show movies like "Red Asphalt" in driver's education classes? I remember a girl sitting in front of me passed out while we were watching one.

Me too. I remember laughing way too much... did I mention I never got my license until I turned 20.

Do they still show movies like "Red Asphalt" in driver's education classes? I remember a girl sitting in front of me passed out while we were watching one.

Haha, that happened in my class too, a guy passed out and hit his head on the desk then the floor, I remember thinking damn, that was even more brutal then what caused him to pass out to begin with.

Death Proof was all the incentive I'll ever need to not drive recklessly.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/lM4JFy7mPNk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/lM4JFy7mPNk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Haha, that happened in my class too, a guy passed out and hit his head on the desk then the floor, I remember thinking damn, that was even more brutal then what caused him to pass out to begin with.

Death Proof was all the incentive I'll ever need to not drive recklessly.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/lM4JFy7mPNk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/lM4JFy7mPNk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I heard a "wilhelm" in there!.:lol

Me too. I remember laughing way too much... did I mention I never got my license until I turned 20.

I've had my license since I was 16. Not one accident in 19 years.

Except for that time the torque nut fell out of my steering, and the wheel came off in my hands. Shot off the road at around 55mph, immediately grabbed the door handle and slammed both feet into the brake pedal. That caused the car to catch the shoulder, so I was able to reduce the speed some, as well as prevent myself from hitting the grove of trees lining the field head on; I just punched the right side off the end of them, bounced twice then stalled with not so much as a hair out of place.

It's a good thing I wasn't texting. I might have dropped my phone.

I've attempted texting while driving. It really is nearly impossible. You can't concentrate on the road like you should be at all. It really is a very dangerous condition and one that needs to be cracked down on. Now talking on the phone and driving, I can manage that okay, but there are other clowns on the road that do 50 mph on a 65 mph highway while they chat away on their phone. Those people piss me off.

I was only singling out girls because that was who the commercial revolved around. The point stands for boys too.

The point also stands that you don't need a cellphone to cause an accident. People havebeen multi-tasking in cars for ages. Some shouldn't, but at the same time, it's not like a specific device is necessary for them to not pay attention. Most idiots are fully capable of it with no help from anyone else.

I disagree with this. I can change the radio station or change a CD and drive no problem. I can eat and drive. I can pick my nose and drive.I can have a cigarette and drive no problem. I can carry on a conversation and drive. But as soon as you try and text and drive, it becomes a problem. Why? because texting really takes two hands to do it efficiently. If you use only one hand, it takes twice as long. So either use two hands and steer with your knees, or use one hand and text more slowly and keep your eyes completely off the road for a longer period of time. It just isn't a safe condition.

I have seen people who can text on traditional keypad cell phones without ever looking at the phone. Ive seen a guy send a text with one hand while his phone was under the table and out of site.

I have an iPhone and its about impossible since there is no "feel" of keys and key placement.

IM constantly on my wife's ass about not texting while driving ...

when you have a wreck like that ... there are only 2 guys to call .... I mean text....

CHiPs.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

Well, I don't have a car. Only a bike. If anyone can text and bike while in downtown San Francisco, I think they're name must be Dr. Manhattan....

I have seen people who can text on traditional keypad cell phones without ever looking at the phone. Ive seen a guy send a text with one hand while his phone was under the table and out of site.

I have an iPhone and its about impossible since there is no "feel" of keys and key placement.

And there you have it.

You left out the part about the newer keyboards that don't have tactile, individual keys, so unless you're a ninja, you probably can't say much without having to look at what keys you are hitting thus taking your eyes off the road.

Is there anything that important that it can't wait?

I text while driving and pounding a shake in one hand and texting with my other hand while going to the gym. Mainly whenever I see that Ween hasn't posted a pic in the Let's See You thread... :maul

Back