Do you buy HT just to resell?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that body is crazy expensive on eBay. I was looking because ____ing Evilface was showing off an Indy using that body :cuss

Why would you want to use a more inferior body... If you want added elbow articulation you can transfer TT arms over to the Wolverine body. Unless you only have DX05 head... you can wait for TTM19 release and essential have a nude DX05.

It is desirable for the chest part. The neck you get with the muscle bodies is really too bulky for Indy. Though the arms are also too bulky on the muscle body.

Why would you want to use a more inferior body... If you want added elbow articulation you can transfer TT arms over to the Wolverine body. Unless you only have DX05 head... you can wait for TTM19 release and essential have a nude DX05.

Because that muscle body make his head look small.

Here are some extra HT Indy clothes on a TT.

100_5181.jpg

^^ The little neck articulation you get with that neck piece is not worth the tradeoffs in aesthetics in many cases IMO. I hope HT focuses more on the fully sculpted (non-rubber/muscular) chest with future releases where it makes sense to do so. If nothing else, it wouldbe be nice if they added that part with some Truetypes you could switch out if you wanted to. Since picking up a couple of Rainman figures and a custom Han Solo with an equivalent chest part, I've become a pretty big fan of the look.

its hard to keep up when so many great figures come out and on a tight budget so i had to make some decisions on what figures to sell to get others i would rather have.

^^ The little neck articulation you get with that neck piece is not worth the tradeoffs in aesthetics in many cases IMO. I hope HT focuses more on the fully sculpted (non-rubber/muscular) chest with future releases where it makes sense to do so. If nothing else, it wouldbe be nice if they added that part with some Truetypes you could switch out if you wanted to. Since picking up a couple of Rainman figures and a custom Han Solo with an equivalent chest part, I've become a pretty big fan of the look.

I not using the TT for the neck articulation, but rather because of it's smaller size. The muscle body is just to large for Indiana Jones and the Ezio is too expensive and rare now. This one is for the Map Room bash I'm doing and the neck joint won't be visible anyways.
But you just gave me an idea, I wonder if it would be possible to cut the neck and shoulders off the muscle body and place it over the TT neckless body, since it rubber.. Like a trutleneck dicky.

We enjoy the figures and usually as long as you look after them they end up worth more.
My collection sits there like an investment I can enjoy.

That's exactly what the comic collectors thought during the 90s bubble while the companies kept feeding the frenzy with ever so many variants and limited editions. Then within 1 year, everything came crashing down, most are worth less than toilet papers now, even causing some of the major companies to file for bankruptcy including marvel (luckily their franchise came back strong due to all the good movies) For every comic that's still worth some money today, thousands lost their entire value.

Hot toys is no different, unlike sideshow and other polystone statues that have intrinsic value, HT is just cheap plastic toys with some cloth and its only value is due to speculation and above quoted posters' thinking. It's no different than buying some barbie dolls and say they are worth hundreds $$.

Look at recent HT items, how many actually went up in value? shadow predator didnt even sell out which never happens as a comic con exclusive before, batman begins barely went up for a week before sideshow started selling them again, ironman iv+v/thor/spiderman/berserker+falcon+tracker etc..all lost value. Eventhe old ht grails dropped signficantly in price. The only figure i remember recently that went up is probably black widow.

The market is so saturated and flooded with hot toys figures, the for sale section is a clear example of that. For every sideshow and other brand, there are 5-10 hot toys.

My only advise for hot toys owners are buy for collecting only, if you plan to flip or keep as investment, might as well just goto vegas, better odds.

I not using the TT for the neck articulation, but rather because of it's smaller size. The muscle body is just to large for Indiana Jones and the Ezio is too expensive and rare now. This one is for the Map Room bash I'm doing and the neck joint won't be visible anyways.
But you just gave me an idea, I wonder if it would be possible to cut the neck and shoulders off the muscle body and place it over the TT neckless body, since it rubber.. Like a trutleneck dicky.

worst idea ever. :mad: ruin an expensive figure just to do that?? lots of figures these days come with a seamless neck if thats all you need. use the new muscle TT which is not overly buff or the new kaustic figure.

this one

body5web.jpg

worst idea ever. :mad: ruin an expensive figure just to do that?? lots of figures these days come with a seamless neck if thats all you need. use the new muscle TT which is not overly buff or the new kaustic figure.

:slap HT Indy already use the new Muscle TT and it's too big. As I said, i'm using the narrow shoulder TT for my May Room Indy so that he doesn't look too bulky. The neck idea is just that, an idea that just popped in my head.

That kaustic figure does look slimmer, but I don't think I takes HT foot pegs.

Back