Do you buy HT just to resell?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have a lot of ht but I did buy and sell the mk3 iron man very quickly thou. Looked great and really wanted it but when I had it in hand I just didn't feel it was worth the cash and decided to sell it quickly and get my money back. I also did that with the original endo 800 - just too fragile in hand.
Lol I do think about getting another Iron man thou!

I normally sell stuff as space demands or if I no longer want it - I don't want to stack my loft up with stuff I dont want anymore. If money was no object old probably keep and buy anything

Last edited:
if u look at the for sale section thread in this forum , it 80-90% hot toys, wonder why people buy in the first place, they look to be selling more and around the retail price, maybe they are getting it for much lower than the retail price?? so much for hot toys popularity,

well, there are people who have retail accounts, and buy in bulk, just to support their hobby on OSW. I wouldn't be suprised if it happens here too.

lets say a case of 5 figures costs 400$ ( i'm creating imaginary prices here for this example) with 40$ shipping

the person buys the case of 5 figures, keeps one for themselves, and sells the other 4 at 110$ plus shipping each.

when they're done, they don't make ANY profit, but they get to keep figure #5 for themselves at no real cost other than time.

Good to know I have a rep around here. Work has been breathing down my neck as of late, hard to keep up on all of the wonderful BS that goes on here. :wink1:

I should be studying for this quiz I have for my night class tomorrow, but I've been wasting time of Sideshow Freaks all night.

I have been selling old loose McFarlane/Neca etc. stuff I know I will never display (they have been in boxes for years) to finance my HT’s purchases. I am thinking of selling my Sideshow ROTJ Luke and ROTS Anakin to create funds for a HT purchase.

I'm going to be selling alot of my figure's of now, never attended to but I've come to realise that I've got way to much & which I'll probably never have the room to display them all. Batman, Preds & my Darth Vader & Stormtrooper are definite stayers the rest unforntuntaly will have to go.

only collecting since jan but only figure i bought 2 of with a mind to sell one down the line was the enterbay god release.......have now been cured of any similar thoughts.....thanks enterbay!

Back