Statue ARH Studios Achilles 1/4 AP - Pictures and Order info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the real life, a Phd student in archeology specialized in Greek architecture. And I am categorical ARH Studio creates a column that does not exist.

This column resembles a Doric column, but the capital who based on the upper drum is not canonical. Also, the fluting are false, since on such a column you must count 20 fluting with sharp edges!

I do not know the references of the manufacturer, but in any case this column is pure fantasy.

I'm in the real life, a Phd student in archeology specialized in Greek architecture. And I am categorical ARH Studio creates a column that does not exist.

This column resembles a Doric column, but the capital who based on the upper drum is not canonical. Also, the fluting are false, since on such a column you must count 20 fluting with sharp edges!

I do not know the references of the manufacturer, but in any case this column is pure fantasy.

The whole line is damn fantasy....Did ARH say this piece is a 1/4 scale historic replica of what happened and that it is a correct ancient representation?...c'mon man! ...Worry about your SS QC stuff instead

Please Adolfo can you stop provoking me? I ask the moderator assistance. Because Adolfo harassing me either here or on statueforum.

I'm just saying I find it unfortunate that ARH Studios does not pay attention to this detail. Overall, the product is very nice anyway, and I congratulate the buyers!

It was probably a licensing issue. Be nice if the Minotaurus column matched to display these together.

Please Adolfo can you stop provoking me? I ask the moderator assistance. Because Adolfo harassing me either here or on statueforum.

I'm just saying I find it unfortunate that ARH Studios does not pay attention to this detail. Overall, the product is very nice anyway, and I congratulate the buyers!

I think it is good enough..we can't expect ARH Studios to get even close to the ancient greek skills :lol

Also, I am sure the shield, armor, and weapons are nothing like they really were, and the helm is not exactly Corinthian style, but still, it's a great fantasy piece, and same as movies or graphic novels, I am pretty sure ARH wanted to give us a cool fantasy item, not an accurate historical representation, especially considering the fact that Achilles himself is a fantasy figure.

Also, I am sure the shield, armor, and weapons are nothing like they really were, and the helm is not exactly Corinthian style, but still, it's a great fantasy piece, and same as movies or graphic novels, I am pretty sure ARH wanted to give us a cool fantasy item, not an accurate historical representation, especially considering the fact that Achilles himself is a fantasy figure.

Yes you are 100% correct. This was not to be an exact match to the historical figure. It is more fantasy and it shows with the end result.
Now the new licenses we will for the first time do exact replication, so you may be more critical of this new effort.

Yes you are 100% correct. This was not to be an exact match to the historical figure. It is more fantasy and it shows with the end result.
Now the new licenses we will for the first time do exact replication, so you may be more critical of this new effort.

:impatient: what new licenses?

I finally took the plunge and bought the Achilles Battle Fury statue. I was WLed on Sideshow for about a month and then it converted last week. After opening him up and seeing it in hand, I have to say I am mightily impressed. The sculpt is fantastic. Not too muscular, but big enough to do Achilles justice. The paint job is what I am most impressed with. The paint job on this was one of the best paint jobs on any statue I own. I love the blood spatter effect. Like others have posted I was surprised that he was bald underneath the helmet, but I would rarely display him without the helmet anyway. The helmet was a little "big" for his head, but a little packing foam underneath it and it fits his head perfectly. Kudos to ARH on such a fine statue! This is my first ARH statue, but it won't be my last after the great experience I had with this statue. Now on to some pics...

with Spear

Say cheese!

Battle damage up close (front)

Battle damage up close (rear)

with Sword

My favorite photo

Battle damage up close (helmet)

I agree that the statue is excellent. Would have preferred red hair over blond, as that's how Homer describes him, but overall a great piece.

Back