Do I have a big collection?????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do I have a big collection???

• Yes, it is huge!!!

Votes: 11 10.8%
  • It is small in comparison to mine

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • You have the right amount...

Votes: 39 38.2%
  • It is puny...get some more....

Votes: 36 35.3%

• Total voters
Very nice collection and displayed very well. As for size I have sold over 3,000 figures and vehicles in the last 6 months and still selling. And before I moved out of DC every one of these were displayed in a big room. Now I only collect SSC 1/6th, since figure one Luke, and SSC 1/4, and the new Preds and Terminator Salvation figs from HT, and NECA 1/4's Preds coming soon. Otherwise I collect SW Cards all US made and PSA graded original 1977 set of 330. All above I display boxed or loose, some in my Home Theater and some in my Man Cave. Once I finish my new Home Theater it will be easy to display everything in glass recessed in the walls, sometime after the wife finishes college that is...one more year to go :gah: :lol.
So I say collect away but don't forget to save some money for food :slap

It's not small in quantity, but it does take up quite a bit of space. Looks awesome too.

you do not need a whole house full of statues, figures etc, I think the concept of the word ´´ Big ´´ is very wrong, you can have a single detolf and display it extremely valuable pieces, I have seen rooms full of junk, but obviously, to certain people have a lot of trash is :
´´ Big ´´

Last edited:
Puny...you should be ashamed.

LOL... :lol....I should....

Very nice collection and displayed very well. As for size I have sold over 3,000 figures and vehicles in the last 6 months and still selling. And before I moved out of DC every one of these were displayed in a big room. Now I only collect SSC 1/6th, since figure one Luke, and SSC 1/4, and the new Preds and Terminator Salvation figs from HT, and NECA 1/4's Preds coming soon. Otherwise I collect SW Cards all US made and PSA graded original 1977 set of 330. All above I display boxed or loose, some in my Home Theater and some in my Man Cave. Once I finish my new Home Theater it will be easy to display everything in glass recessed in the walls, sometime after the wife finishes college that is...one more year to go :gah:
So I say collect away but don't forget to save some money for food :slap

WOW!!! That is a big collection....

Unfortunately I do not have a "Man Cave" of my own to enjoy my collection which might be okay cause I think I would have twice as much...which is not a problem to me,but it is to my wife...

Hey, as long I can live on peanut butter sandwiches and chocolate milk, I will be okay...:lol

It's big, but mine's bigger. :nana:

:wink1:

Rub it in.....rub it in....:gah:

It's not small in quantity, but it does take up quite a bit of space. Looks awesome too.

yeah.....1/4 scale pieces do take a lot of space... BUT IT LOOKS AWESOME!!!! Can you imagine if I collected 1;1 scale busts too???? :horror

you do not need a whole house full of statues, figures etc, I think the concept of the word great is very wrong, you can have a single detolf and display it extremely valuable pieces, I have seen rooms full of junk, but obviously, to certain people have a lot of trash is :
´´ Big ´´

I'm limited to this room only and it is getting to the point that I can only add 3 or 4 more pieces and that's it.....however, in my tiny little office I have room for a couple of other pieces, such as Sucker Punch statues that will be here in May....

Don't tell my wife though.... :monkey3

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I love my collection and I wish I still had Thor, Red Skull, Cap, Frankenstein and Bride. I had to sell them a while ago after losing my job and now that I do have a job again, the prices sky rocketed......

Oh well....still love these pieces and will be adding German Paratrooper, War Machine and Pred bust this year...

Cheers

Bear :wave

A thought to keep in mind: As soon as the room begins to look "cluttered", you've crossed over the line from "collection" to "clutter". Less can be more.

So far, so good. Your's is looking fine.

Puny newb collection :cool:

King, I saw your collection and I will never get even close to it. I want to get a few more things in the future besides the 3 things I have on order like Terminator 1 PF, another Captain America based on the movie or a Saruman PF, but I'm getting to the point I just want to use the money for travel and savings...

Great collection, my friend....great collection

I can't show this to my wife cause 35% of you saying that I have just the right amount.....lol

I need to balance it out "get some more" so I can show her that I just don't have enough... ;)

The thing about your collection is that almost everything is less than a couple years old. If you amass that much that fast, where will it be in 10 years?

The thing about your collection is that almost everything is less than a couple years old. If you amass that much that fast, where will it be in 10 years?

I use to have pieces like Cap PF, Frankenstein and Bride PFs, Stealth IM and Arnie 1:1 T-800 bust, but I went through a tough time and had to sell most of them and could not buy them back because of the prices....

hopefully I will keep my collection the way it is and I will add a few more pieces, including John Wayne Western Hero PF which is on the way to me as we speak.... :yess:

I use to have pieces like Cap PF, Frankenstein and Bride PFs, Stealth IM and Arnie 1:1 T-800 bust, but I went through a tough time and had to sell most of them and could not buy them back because of the prices....

hopefully I will keep my collection the way it is and I will add a few more pieces, including John Wayne Western Hero PF which is on the way to me as we speak.... :yess:

That makes sense. I always thought you had more stuff, and was surprised with what you had now. I have well over 30 PFs, 7 1:1 busts, several random statues, and hundreds of 12" figures (I probably have almost half of the HT MMS figures). Problem is, I live in an apartment, so I don't have much room to display most of my bigger stuff and have to leave it in storage. Your collection is well displayed and isn't taking up too much room, yet has room to grow (give it a couple years and I'm sure it will grow out of control :lol).

The collection and setup looks great. You have the right amount in your collection. I can see that you are not an impulse buyer. You go after what you want and that is it.

Back