Do I have a big collection?????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do I have a big collection???

• Yes, it is huge!!!

Votes: 11 10.8%
  • It is small in comparison to mine

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • You have the right amount...

Votes: 39 38.2%
  • It is puny...get some more....

Votes: 36 35.3%

• Total voters
In terms of "display", "scale", and having stuff opened . . . yes . . . your collection is "bigger" than mine, but . . . I'd like to be "competitive".

:rotfl

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

It's not big nor small!

Buy her something to make her happy!

I do that but still.....

Yup, a fair size collection IMHo but a little bit expensive pieces esp. the Predator 1 Cinemaquette haha! :thud: Show your wife some of the freak's collections thread here then I'm sure she'll change her view point re: your collection haha!:rotfl Btw, congrats on your collection! :clap

Thanks man. Predator is not Cinemaquette but the Sideshow one, which cost me a bit less than retail....

Alien I got for 25% less.......Hulk for only $150 4 years ago.....my first piece...

Blackbeard for $280 and Jaws was a present and Rocketeer was a prize I won recently....

Mine is very small but I have a sports car to compensate.

I have a Ford Focus.....:monkey2

Looks awesome but you could use more. :rock

I think so too....:yess:

In terms of "display", "scale", and having stuff opened . . . yes . . . your collection is "bigger" than mine, but . . . I'd like to be "competitive".

:rotfl

Hey Delta...

I can't compete with that.....:horror

Last edited:
Thanks man. Predator is not Cinemaquette but the Sideshow one, which cost me a bit less than retail....

Alien I got for 25% less.......Hulk for only $150 4 years ago.....my first piece...

Blackbeard for $280 and Jaws was a present and Rocketeer was a prize I won recently....

Ohh I see, I'm sorry I thought it's the expensive Cinemaquette haha!

Hmm you could tell her those discounts, great deals & prizes you've mentioned and maybe she'll lighten it up :wink1:

bearmodel,
life is short; buy whatever makes you happy (you seem very reasonable). It looks like you have modest collection and sounds like you try to get good prices. My wife of 27 years still does not get it either. (My wife has a large scrapbooking/sewing/rubber stamping/ etc. craft room.)

DeltaForceChung - WOW!!! THAT is impressive. :clap:clap Thanks for posting the pics.

Compared to mine?....no. :) But I do like your collection a lot!

My wife wishes my collection was your size :wink1:

BTW Im in AZ too....:wave

Ohh I see, I'm sorry I thought it's the expensive Cinemaquette haha!

Hmm you could tell her those discounts, great deals & prizes you've mentioned and maybe she'll lighten it up :wink1:

I make sure I tell her everytime I get something cheaper.....

bearmodel,
life is short; buy whatever makes you happy (you seem very reasonable). It looks like you have modest collection and sounds like you try to get good prices. My wife of 27 years still does not get it either. (My wife has a large scrapbooking/sewing/rubber stamping/ etc. craft room.)

Agreed, Darkness. I try to compromise and I have sold a couple of things to be able to get other things....she doesn't get it but she is good about it.....

Compared to mine?....no. :) But I do like your collection a lot!

My wife wishes my collection was your size :wink1:

BTW Im in AZ too....:wave

You are? I have a friend I talk to every week about Sideshow and the stuff that is coming out.....We should get together for coffee or something.... ;)

Mesa is here too and if I'm not mistaken there is someone else, but I can't remember his name....

Very nice, tasteful collection. Well displayed too but definitely not too big. Most peoples, like mine, take over an entire room.

It's a sickness and if you're still sane enough to ask if it's out of hand then it isn't. :D

You are? I have a friend I talk to every week about Sideshow and the stuff that is coming out.....We should get together for coffee or something.... ;)

Mesa is here too and if I'm not mistaken there is someone else, but I can't remember his name....

I would love that! I dont have any one to talk to about collecting face-to-face, except for all my virtual friends here. The "civilians" that look at our collections are impressed but they dont appreciate the ins-and-out like we can....

But Im in Tucson :monkey4 so I think you guys are little ways away...but we're talking about moving up to the PHX/Scottsale area next year some time so you never know :peace

Very nice, tasteful collection. Well displayed too but definitely not too big. Most peoples, like mine, take over an entire room.

It's a sickness and if you're still sane enough to ask if it's out of hand then it isn't. :D

Yep, full room here as well.

And I'd agree with the moderate comments. Its a nice looking focused collection, but certainly not out of hand. That is of course assuming you aren't missing bills or eating a soup kitchens to afford your statues :lol

Yep, full room here as well.

And I'd agree with the moderate comments. Its a nice looking focused collection, but certainly not out of hand. That is of course assuming you aren't missing bills or eating a soup kitchens to afford your statues :lol

Well.............:monkey3....LOL

Big?

...pffffff

Best comment ever...:lol

maybe u could say to ur wife that someone on the other side of the world envy your collection ( i'm referring to myself )..maybe that'll make her proud of you collection...LOLZ!!

:lol Now you have made me think about the size of my collection and to be honest I didn't realise I had so much stuff. I have been collecting for about 10 years and when I first started I was buying anything I could get my hands on, now I only get stuff that is in certain lines and formats eg. Terminator or Ironman. It's also spread over 3 rooms so you don't notice it as much.

You have some great pieces and a fair amount.

:wave

Back