District 9

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reading the book made it 10x better for me.

Im super excited about district 9, a good reverse invasion story.

I think because I had read the book, made it more dull...I knew what to expect and noticed things that were missing...I didn't see the theatrical version, just the directors cut. Visually it was cool...but I just couldn't wait for it to be over. :( Bums me out, as I was really looking forward to watching it.

I think because I had read the book, made it more dull...I knew what to expect and noticed things that were missing...I didn't see the theatrical version, just the directors cut. Visually it was cool...but I just couldn't wait for it to be over. :( Bums me out, as I was really looking forward to watching it.

Ya, I think thats why Moore boycotts like everything they turn into a film.

All in all, it was cool to see Ozzy (even if he did look like batman and robin)
I never got around to getting my book back from a friend, I didnt think rorshach was a trained fighter.

But District 9 looks sick, I wonder how its going to play out. The alien viral documentary really is wierd to see it from an aliens side of view.

This film looks bad ass! Interesting and unique.
I've watched the trailer like 3 times in a row.
Forget GIJoe, I'm going to see this on the weekend! :banana

So far film is getting very positive reviews. Hope the masses except this movie so we can get more out of the box projects like it.

Also, people are saying that it really doesn’t look like a 30 million dollar movie, but that it seems so much more expensive, which is refreshing in the age of the 200 million dollar blockbusters. Things like no big name actors and shooting in South Africa really kept the cost down. As a consequence, the low cost didn’t force them to pursue a PG-13 rating to collect more ticket revenue to justify the higher production cost. This means human death scenes, blood, more adult themes and images all that good stuff. Can’t wait to see this.

I'll be there Friday night or Sunday. Let you know what I think.

So far it's like 98% on Rotten Tomatoes.

So far this year, the only good movie to write home about was Star Trek. Everything else was mediocre popcorn flicks so far.

Back