District 9

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome movie :rock Just back back from a screening. Way way better than Transformers 2. Very original and fascinating. Great camera motions and special effects. Instant classic for me. I would definitely watch the movie again. I definitely saw Peter Jackson style in the movie also.

9.5/10

Yeah, the movie definitely had a Peter Jackson influence such as the camera work and the overall atmosphere of the movie. The CGI blended in really well. Very realistic. I would check it out. Not bad.

Having just returned minutes ago from the midnight showing for District 9, I thought I might share a few thoughts.

District9Poster265_000.jpg

Somewhere over the years, between the spaceships and robots of cinema, we've forgotten what true science fiction is. Summer blockbusters all have their uses as a loud weekend diversion with bombastic effects and shoestring narratives, but this is not what true science fiction is about. Real sci-fi should be driven by humans, by emotions and thought, exploring the unknown and giving thought to matters that people don't typically consider on a daily basis.

District 9 is real science fiction.

Anyone who follows Blomkamp's work is aware of his directorial style. Intense narrative, often depicted in a raw, documentary-style of shooting. The look and feel of District 9 is therefore quite different from most other films. It draws you in, tosses you about (violently, in fact), and shoots you back out into the real world, leaving you to wonder what exactly you just experienced.

Never have I experienced anything quite like this film. This is an uncompromising vision of an unrelentingly realistic world. The high level of credibility strengthens everything in the film, from the cheer-inducing action sequences to the nauseating turn of events. It touches the heart in one moment, and makes it pound vigorously the next. It is richly laden with so much, it is not easy to describe, and certainly not something I would attempt to quantify with a tasteless rating scale. It is so brilliantly executed, it will leave you wanting more. Humor and love, tragedy and hate, tenderness and brutality. This film is not only an example of great science fiction, but of great cinema as a whole.

I'm not going to bother touching on specific aspects, or the obvious potential for the film to win numerous awards. Those don't matter. This is an amazing work, one that you will never forget.

Just watch it.

WOW. What a ^^^^ing fantastic film! Totally loved it!! A 10/10 film. One of the best of the year!! :rock

Agree with every single word that dansdinosaurs said. This film had everything. I was totally absorbed into it. My heart was pumping for almost the entire film. If you are a fan of cinema, not even Sci-Fi, go see this.

I do that a lot too, save my Wife from having to suffer through my movies. :lol

I plan on seeing this during the weekend. :rock

Same here! Plus I get a lot of weekdays off being a retail person so I can just go to Cinemark where all the first showings of any movie are $5. :rock
Going to see this today, hopefully!

I never understood why some people think youre a loser if you go to a movie by yourself. Who gives a ^^^^? If no one else wants to watch it, why deprive yourself of what you want to do? It's not even like going to a movie is a social event anyway. You are sitting there and not socializing at all.

Cant wait to see this....and about the subject of going to the movies alone,i often do it...i think when you're a teen ,this is the only time that matters cause you dont want to feel like a reject, but as a grown man, i dont care about this and actually prefer seeing some movie alone than with someone who wont appreciate it as much as me.when i go see a movie that i really wanted to see and enjoys it very much with a girl, and realize she's bored and dont like the movie, while I do enjoy it, I feel like she's dumb and want to dump her right after.

man !! i want to see this movie so bad tonite or sometime this weekend but I have so much to do this weekend and On the subject of going to the movies alone I see no problem with that.
sometimes you cant wait for others to watch a movie that you really wanna see.
Thanks god my wife loves going to the movies with me and she really enjoy's my choise in movies.
she is really fun to go to the movies with. She gets really into the movies. Love seeing her reactions.

Last edited:
Cant wait to see this....and about the subject of going to the movies alone,i often do it...i think when you're a teen ,this is the only time that matters cause you dont want to feel like a reject, but as a grown man, i dont care about this and actually prefer seeing some movie alone than with someone who wont appreciate it as much as me.when i go see a movie that i really wanted to see and enjoys it very much with a girl, and realize she's bored and dont like the movie, while I do enjoy it, I feel like she's dumb and want to dump her right after.

:lecture
Shai speaks the truth. There is nothing wrong with seeing a movie alone. I actually prefer it sometimes now. :lol

Back