Disney infinity

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol Same here! i actually order it online to pick up instore and they all have the same part number so they are out of stock but it shows online they do have it. When i went to pick up they gave me the Cars Play set im guessing because lightning mcqueen was in it. I didnt mind but still want that car!! but only at retail i aint go to pay more lol

Ended up getting the disc off of ebay for $5.50 but McQueen hangs around $20 to $25 and I aint paying that.

My lil collection
DisneyInfinityCollection_zps4bf89800.jpg

Bought this for my (soon to be 5 year old) Daughter for Christmas, so wont be opening it for months now, there are a lot of good deals out there.

TRU - Got the starter kit for 20% off + Exclusive disc(s) + BOGO 50% off figure (Dash and Violet)

at Walmart got the Hero Sidekicks 3 pack for 50% off ($15) which incudes Elastigirl, Mike W., and Barbossa.

As for the others, she doesnt like Cars, doesnt want "Bad Guys" and has no idea who or what The Lone Ranger is, so saved a bit of cash there.

Will also pick up Wreck-it-Ralph, Venellope, Rapunzel and Jack Skellington when they come out.

I'm actually looking forward to playing this as well, too bad I have to wait til Christmas.

I don't want to rain on the parade, game looks like a lot of fun and I'm loving the figures, I just can't get behind this new gaming paradigm. Paying to unlock characters and level maps seems wrong some how. DLC is one thing. Charging for additional skins or levels/maps/weapons is fine, you dont need them to experience the game in its entirety, but this is like selling an incomplete game then having to pay a ransom to get the full experience. You can't even play campain co-op without shelling out for a second 3 pack. Even Skylanders allowed that with a single purchase.

I realize you're also getting the figure, and as i said, im loving the design, i just fear that this kind of thing is going to be more widespread when more and more companies realize they can get more than $60 for their games.

Anyway, all that being said, I'm generally a sucker and a hypocrite. We'll see if I stick to my guns when Toy Story characters launch or god forbid they release anything related to Up!:lol

I don't want to rain on the parade, game looks like a lot of fun and I'm loving the figures, I just can't get behind this new gaming paradigm. Paying to unlock characters and level maps seems wrong some how. DLC is one thing. Charging for additional skins or levels/maps/weapons is fine, you dont need them to experience the game in its entirety, but this is like selling an incomplete game then having to pay a ransom to get the full experience. You can't even play campain co-op without shelling out for a second 3 pack. Even Skylanders allowed that with a single purchase.

I realize you're also getting the figure, and as i said, im loving the design, i just fear that this kind of thing is going to be more widespread when more and more companies realize they can get more than $60 for their games.

Anyway, all that being said, I'm generally a sucker and a hypocrite. We'll see if I stick to my guns when Toy Story characters launch or god forbid they release anything related to Up!:lol

Well, you have to ask yourself the same question when it comes to all DLC, and granted, this is expensive DLC essentially. Just like with all the different Guitar Hero (and Rock Band) packs, people shelled out tons of money for new songs. It all comes down to whether the game experience and fun of collecting the characters is worth it. I think this game will sell very well for a limited time (3 to 5 years) and then people will move on to the next thing, just like Guitar Hero. The one thing that might add longevity to this new type of game is the appeal of the Disney Characters and Disney's massive marketing arm. Let's face it, as Parents we are all too willing to indulge our children, all it takes is the look of excitement in their eyes when their newest favorite character becomes available. I do think that Disney is going overboard with the power disc thing though, making it a blind luck purchase is absolutely diabolical.

Admit it, you wish you were the one who came up with the idea of Skylanders and Disney Infinity, how else might you get someone to pay as much as $400 (or more) for a game? They are geniuses, I know I wish I had thought of it.

Well, I bought it. My daughter wanted it, it's her birthday in a few weeks, I found out that it included Tron stuff, blah blah blah. Like I said, hypocrite! I think I just post rants like my following post just to purge it from brain, so I can justify my purchases. :lol

Got the starter, sidekicks, Lone Ranger, and a couple packs of discs to start off. I'll probably go back and get the rest during the week, as I'm not only a hypocrite, but a madman as well. Can't wait for Jack Skellington and the TS guys. I'm hoping at least one Tron character gets released at some point, too.

Anyay, it's a lot of fun! We must have played for 12 hours yesterday. I almost didn't want to stop to watch BrBa!

Also, don't know if it's totally common knowledge at this point, but you can tell if there's a rare disc in the packs by scratching the the top. You'll here a "zipper" sound from the lenticular pieces on the top of the disc compared the smooth tecture of the regular discs.

Kay, what kind of Tron stuff? I don't play video games but really like these figures. Have held off on buying any (although I'm very tempted to get The Incredibles figures), but if they made Tron figures I would get each and every one.

Kay, what kind of Tron stuff? I don't play video games but really like these figures. Have held off on buying any (although I'm very tempted to get The Incredibles figures), but if they made Tron figures I would get each and every one.

Not too much right now. There's no dedicated Tron characters or levels, at the moment, nor are there any confirmed plans to include them, but there are a couple of Tron in-game items that can be collected...

Quick run down in case you don't know the specifics, but in a nut shell, Infinity is split into 2 sections, Playsets and Toy Box. Playsets are basically levels where you play a "campaign" for lack of a better term. You start with 3 (Incredibles, PoTC, and M. Inc) and can purchase others (Cars/Lone ranger). In these Play Sets, you are required to play as characters that coincide with them. In other words, Mr. Incredible can't go busting up surly pirates, ect. In the Toy Box, however, you can mix and match virtually anything. This includes changing skins, vehicles, sky and terain textures, ect. It's like a giant world editor where anything goes. You could put 6 Epcot centers in the middle of dessert landscape with a fishbowl sky while Sully pilots an Army helcoptor, for instance.

That being said, currently the only Tron elements so far are Light Runner and Recognizer vehicles, a mini program character, and both Grid terrain and Sky textures. The vehicles are won in-game by spending credits, and the map textures are aquired through pysical power discs that are for sale in stores in random packs of two.

2vke3dd.jpg

While that may not seem like much, I'm pretty shockled they bothered to give Tron as much content as they did. It's pretty apparent the devs involved, unlike corporate, are fans. I'm hoping they introduce a single character figure in the future. Even an animated Tron from Uprising or Beck would be fine by me, but as it stands now, being able to create an entire in-game Grid, complete with Light Runner, that plays Daft Punk's End of Line, when entered is pretty awesome, imo. Is that alone worth purchasing the game for, no, but it was a great bonus being that I was pretty much doomed into buying it, anyway.

Last edited:
I'm personally shocked that there ISN'T more Tron in this game right now. If there's any Disney property that totally fits this concept, it's Tron. I mean... we're putting real world figures onto a platform to be zapped into the game.

THAT'S TRON RIGHT THERE!

I think as cool as all the Disney characters are, I would love it to be able to design my own TRON guy and use it in all the universes. That would definitely be like phase 2 stuff that would really win me over.

Disney Infinity’s first free update is live with five new toy boxes

Disney Infinity has been given its first free update, which includes five new toy boxes spanning various Disney properties. The new toy boxes: Wonderland Maze, Medieval Arena, Tron vs. Sugar Rush, Happiest Place, and Floating Castle are just part of the firm’s plan to release new toy boxes every week. A video giving you a tour of the Happiest Place content is below. Game’s out now on PS3, Wii U and Xbox 360.

https://www.vg247.com/2013/08/24/disney-infinitys-first-free-update-is-live-with-five-new-toy-boxes/

Anyone have the Wii version and how good does it work with this system?

Last edited:
Back