Prop Diecast GREEN LANTERN Movie Rings at TRU

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love this ring. Tempted to buy ten and go Mad Hal on everybody.

imma buy 2.. one for display and one to wear.

I checked out Mike's advice about modding the ring and the video on YouTube. I don't have the link, but if you're interested, def check it out. It looks really easy to do and doesn't take much time. I might even try it myself.

what do you mean by mod?

The guy pops the ring apart, places a cheap rhinestone in the center of the ring, places it back together, and the ring refracts light more as a result, giving it a "shining" effect. Probably not the description, but it's worth a look.

The DCD version is out and trust me, those who went with this went the smart route. DCD really cheaped out.

from the GLCMB:

The 3 rings together. From left to right: WB Promo Ring, TRU Diecast Ring, DCD Movie Prop Ring
12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Interestingly enough they decided to make the ring an 11 instead of the solicited 13.

the band for the DCD ring looks like a cheap knockoff that you can find at some $ store for a buck, and the facing , even so more accurate seems a bit too small

the band for the DCD ring looks like a cheap knockoff that you can find at some $ store for a buck, and the facing , even so more accurate seems a bit too small

I honestly like the smaller size of the ones on the left and right, but that the band on the WB Promo looks bad. I don't care for it at all. Just my opinion though. Granted, the break in the band is hidden under your finger, but still.

I honestly like the smaller size of the ones on the left and right, but that the band on the WB Promo looks bad. I don't care for it at all. Just my opinion though. Granted, the break in the band is hidden under your finger, but still.

i dint say that the band on the WB looks bad, i said that the DC direct band looks bad, it looks a hell of a lot cheaper then the promo pics for sure, and for the WB promo ring, well its a given that it would be on the cheap side, since they were gifts for celebs , sites and such, WB mass produced them to promote only, but the DC Direct ring looks cheaper then a 10$ ring, now thats just sad in my opinion

which one is most accurate? I got the TRU ring today and its huge on my finger... anyway to mod it to fit? I've been wearing it all day and i think it looks pimp.... I added some double sided tape on the bottom part of the band to make it fit, but I'd like a permanent way of making it fit better

which one is most accurate? I got the TRU ring today and its huge on my finger... anyway to mod it to fit? I've been wearing it all day and i think it looks pimp.... I added some double sided tape on the bottom part of the band to make it fit, but I'd like a permanent way of making it fit better

I agree with Ven. Is there a way to mod it so that it fits better?

Probably easier to just get fatter than try and shrink the band.

:D

just punch a wall over and over again , that should inflate your fingers to the right size to fit better the ring...
caution doctors might look at you , like you are an idiot for doing so and broken hand may result

So... with the terrible reviews and (allegedly) less box office bank than Warner wanted, does anyone think we'll be getting the Sinestro Corps ring to complete the set? I LOVED the design of the SC ring in the movie; in the fleeting glimpses we saw, it looked like a negative of the GL ring's construction.

I really liked the movie, btw. And I'm still wearing my ring!

Back