Prop Diecast GREEN LANTERN Movie Rings at TRU

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today in the mail and its a great replica and cant be beat for the price.
My only issue with it is i had to mod it to wear it, yep my ring finger is too bit to wear it right out of the package , so i had to cut it where it has the made in writing and had to work the band a bit to get it to fit me,not a big deal since i only paid 10$ total, i am getting another one for myself to display ,since i dont want to touch the other i ordered in for the family, they will fit them for sure, i just have bigger fingers then i tough i had.

it rate these a solid 5 out of 5,
you get cant any better for the price, and even so these dont exactly fit me, its not a big issue afte ra bit of moding and its also an amazing display piece and perfect for a green lantern fan and for fan projects.

Kind of a shame how the paint chips off if worn to much though. Fro my modded one I sanded it all off to have a silver band instead.

chipping paint is a minor pain in the ars but the ring not fitting me was a bigger one, and its a shame that its not fitting since i wanted one for wear and display, but i am getting a second to display since the one i have is a little warped out of shape to fit me.

also am i the only one that got a ring that fells like it has some sort of sticky substance on it. even after i cleaned it ,it stil felt kinda sticky and came sealed in package.

Kind of a shame how the paint chips off if worn to much though. Fro my modded one I sanded it all off to have a silver band instead.

The stickiness seems directly linked to the color coating they put over the silver, so if you sand it down to the silver metal, it removes that tackiness that it has out of package, did for me anyway.

Here is pic of the one i modded, still haven't glued it back together yet as I haven't decided if I want to keep the gem or not.

GLR1.jpg

I'm not sold on the faceted gem mod, the design of the ring seems to follow the concept that the green portion is like the "gem" of the ring and is all one solid carved out piece and the piece that emits the energy. So if the rest of the ring has a smoothed surface doesn't seem to make sense to have the middle section a faceted gem like some jeweler's ring.

I have been tempted to buy the damn mask/ring set with the light up ring to see if i could take that light up and put it in the prop ring.

I finally got around to finding some replacement "gems" for my rings. I didn't have to take the whole ring apart to do these. I just had to take out the center piece and the replacements are just the right size to pop in place, no need to drill the center of the ring out to remove the green part from the band. These ones aren't permanently attached yet.

The one on the right is about the same color as the green of the ring. The one on the left is lighter green but catches the light better. The picture doesn't do that one any justice so I don't know which one I like better.

p1050382a.jpg

Here is a little better picture of the lighter green one.

p1050357v.jpg

The DCD version is out and trust me, those who went with this went the smart route. DCD really cheaped out.

from the GLCMB:

The 3 rings together. From left to right: WB Promo Ring, TRU Diecast Ring, DCD Movie Prop Ring
12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Interestingly enough they decided to make the ring an 11 instead of the solicited 13.

Worst case scenario it's also on the TRU website for sale, if it's not available in your local store, FYI to everyone.

I dunno if it's still on, but TRU ad listed that if you purchase $25 of green lantern merchandise (including DCUC GL series) you get the ring for free.

I know they plunked a box of them at my TRU and have the buy $25 get a free ring tags slapped everywhere.

SO if your into any of the toys its a good time to get the ring for free, two movie masters and your set.

I dunno if it's still on, but TRU ad listed that if you purchase $25 of green lantern merchandise (including DCUC GL series) you get the ring for free.

I know they plunked a box of them at my TRU and have the buy $25 get a free ring tags slapped everywhere.

SO if your into any of the toys its a good time to get the ring for free, two movie masters and your set.

Same offer at my TRU as well.

They had a BUNCH of rings in stock, and I just got one. WELL worth the money. Fits perfectly. Absolutely love it for $10. And surprisingly, not too bulky either.

Back