Official MATTEL's MattyCollector.com Voltron Classics - Club Lion Force

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got some fond memories of the toy and cartoon from my youth, but too many things to collect nowadays for me to seriously consider these. Would be nice to have that massive bastard though.

If Bandai's Soul of Chogokin line ever produces a Golion (Voltron), it will pwn any release to date by any company.

This Mattel version looks good, but not good enough to set aside and display as a collector's item. But rather more so for giving to the kids and let them play with it outside on the lawn or by the pool.

I'm still on the fence about this. Any guesses as to secondary market prices for the first lion that goes on sale. I'd hate to buy one this morning and find it on eBay with auctions ending at a discounted price.
I find a lot of great deals on MOTUC from eBay and message board friends but this is new and I have no precedent yet.

I finally bit and bought a Red Lion yesterday after being on the fence. Looks like I got one just in time, now it is sold out. However, I do have trouble believing it is the only time it will be available.

can't wait!!

attachment.php

Well the last Lion was released, anyone actually build Voltron yet? I still have all mine boxed up still, not sure if I wanna put them up on display.

I haven't received Black Lion yet though based on one review I read initial impressions seem to indicate Mattel messed up. Knees barley move back but can move forward freely, the legs especially not staying in properly, and just a general feeling of it will topple over at any moment if left assembled. Which if is true of all cases I'll be heavily disappointed, but then that seems to be what Mattel do best is disappoint.

Last edited:
got my black lion and he is by far the best of the lions (imo). i let my son put voltron together. looks great put together and is absolutely massive. it has some definite issues when voltron is formed though...like the spring locked legs of the lions popping out, very top heavy, knees have better range of movement bending forward instead of backwards, hard to tell when the arms are locked in, same with legs, hinge on the hilt of non-flaming sword is really loose so it wont stay in his hand. the little $30 voltron from matty is still my favorite which kind of sucks since is was really looking forward to this one. my son has none of the issues i do though (other than getting voltron to stand up straight). he loves it and has played with it non-stop. so great for kids i guess idk. maybe i am being overly harsh and/or critical on it since i would just have it standing on a shelf. guess we will see how it holds up as a toy.

Last edited:
I now have VOLTRON!

I have to say, I think he is AMAZING. He can achieve some amazing poses even despite his bulk. I have had no problems getting him to stay up straight at all. He can hold his sword and shield out, move his waist, etc. He has a lot of great articulation! So happy.

Yes, my green lion's legs are annoying. Thankfully, so far this has been the only annoying one so far.

And he is... HUGE...

Also, about the sword holder... I think people are over-thinking it. I had the sword in it in seconds. You don't ever have to take them apart once they are together. The larger one just slides over the top. And then the thinner one just fits over the very bottom of the handle. They just slide off and on.

8114640720_97100742a0_z.jpg

8114640982_a88b6e8798_z.jpg

8114631237_4835e82424_z.jpg

8114631583_bc5a0b386f_z.jpg

I saw this thread and the Voltron song kept playing in my head.
So, I had to look for it so that I could hear it again. :D

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9C2YLVaSBw[/ame]

I had my doubts about this Voltron, but now seeing him combined he looks really good. I like the chunky proportions they gave him. Looks really awesome guys.

Back