Prop Diecast GREEN LANTERN Movie Rings at TRU

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crap... odds are they're sold out then. I was going to stop by on the way home tonight. :(

I would still double check, the TRU workers at that one all function as if they've been preparing for the day inhaling lead paint.

The more I look at the leopard print the more I doubt that I even want one... Let me check my local TRU and get back to you. :wave

In hand I can tell you it's more like a Freddy's face pattern/texture than that. I don't know why it was compared to leopard print. Plus, it makes an awesome pinky ring (couldn't get it on any other fingers :(). :lol

I would still double check, the TRU workers at that one all function as if they've been preparing for the day inhaling lead paint.

Yeah, and it's quite a s-hole too. I have a hard time even going there anymore.... I'd rather just hit up the Target on Lone Tree since it's closer to home, plus there's the added benefit of the occasional hot MILF.

In hand I can tell you it's more like a Freddy's face pattern/texture than that. I don't know why it was compared to leopard print. Plus, it makes an awesome pinky ring (couldn't get it on any other fingers :(). :lol

We're not all 6'7" dude. :lol Looks like Carl got it on his middle finger. :yess:

is there any risk of lead poisoning at all with these, because i am giving one to a friend to wear at the premiere and yeah i dont want to walk out alone, plus ill end up giving two to my sisters kids also and i really dont want them to wear them all day and get sick...

is there any risk of lead poisoning at all with these, because i am giving one to a friend to wear at the premiere and yeah i dont want to walk out alone, plus ill end up giving two to my sisters kids also and i really dont want them to wear them all day and get sick...

:confused: They wouldn't be sold in TRU if they did. :lol

you know what, i dont care if my question was idiotic, when it comes to my family and friends, i am not taking chances, and there as been toy issues in the past so i am just making sure that my sister kids wont get sick from a toy... but yeah i figured as much about it being sold there, so they should be save, cant hurt to ask right

:confused: They wouldn't be sold in TRU if they did. :lol

you know what, i dont care if my question was idiotic, when it comes to my family and friends, i am not taking chances, and there as been toy issues in the past so i am just making sure that my sister kids wont get sick from a toy... but yeah i figured as much about it being sold there, so they should be save, cant hurt to ask right

No way dude, that is a valid concern from anything coming out of China. I wonder about HT's figure even.

I wasn't putting you down. Just laughing at the surprise question bud. Given the strict laws regarding toys, something distributed by DC and carried by TRU would likely be gone over with a fine toothed comb. Neither of those businesses want to issue a recall, nor do they want to be sued or fined.

my reply to yours was not with what you had said entirely , i was just pointing out that it may be a stupid thing to ask since these toys and such should be looked over before release but with recalls in the past of toys with lead in their paint and such plus someone in this topic wrote something like, cheap way of getting lead poisoning, a red flag waved on my end and i was just making sure that nothing was reported about the ring having been flagged as a product that gave out some sort of health concerns in any way.

id rather be super save about it then risk anything, and bottom line no ring, even a cool one like this, is worth any health rish.... unless it comes with the actual powers of a GL then i might, and i say might (probably) risk it

but overall i was just making sure it was save for kids, since i got 5 rings coming, one for myself, for the friend i mentionned before and the rest are going to my older sisters kids and for my little sister.

anyway thanks for the replies

I wasn't putting you down. Just laughing at the surprise question bud. Given the strict laws regarding toys, something distributed by DC and carried by TRU would likely be gone over with a fine toothed comb. Neither of those businesses want to issue a recall, nor do they want to be sued or fined.

my reply to yours was not with what you had said entirely , i was just pointing out that it may be a stupid thing to ask since these ...

The rings are the same ones taht came with the eaerly bird figure, and those have been out for awhile. If there was any problems with lead and such, they would of been recalled by now.

And just because its TRU don't mean they wouldnt sell something with lead. I remember some CARS toys getting recalled for lead paint.

Now if you were to get those eaglemoss figs, then you would have a problem with lead...

Last edited:
they are the same ,that ive known for a bit but you never know what they can change last second to save on production cost.
also ive never heard of or seen eaglemoss figs and ill avoid them even more now

my reply to yours was not with what you had said entirely , i was just pointing out that it may be a stupid thing to ask since these .../QUOTE]

The rings are the same ones taht came with the eaerly bird figure, and those have been out for awhile. If there was any problems with lead and such, they would of been recalled by now.

And just because its TRU don't mean they wouldnt sell something with lead. I remember some CARS toys getting recalled for lead paint.

Now if you were to get those eaglemoss figs, then you would have a problem with lead...

they are the same ,that ive known for a bit but you never know what they can change last second to save on production cost.
also ive never heard of or seen eaglemoss figs and ill avoid them even more now

Eagle moss figs are kinda neat looking. They are like 3" tall (depending on character), and fully painted mini statues. They also come with a book that has like a bio and such on the character.

I would get some, but since I got a baby running around I don't wanna start collecting those.

Finished off the mod for my GL Ring, just letting the glue set until morning. I think it came out alright, but wanna do another one with a different gem for maybe a better look. If my TRU still has them, Ill pick up another 2.

ive seen some of the mods on the web, they are good looking, but i think ill keep mine the way it is, im tired of moding things, been trying to mod a gl movie ring that came with the 3 3/4 figures , have been at it since i got my hal figure but then i saw the toysrus rings and jumped on those, but the one i am working on is a work in progress, dont know yet what i want to use for the band and if i want to make the pattern or mold and so on.

Eagle moss figs are kinda neat looking. They are like 3" tall (depending on character), and fully painted mini statues. They also come with a book that has like a bio and such on the character.

I would get some, but since I got a baby running around I don't wanna start collecting those.

Finished off the mod for my GL Ring, just letting the glue set until morning. I think it came out alright, but wanna do another one with a different gem for maybe a better look. If my TRU still has them, Ill pick up another 2.

Finally got the TRU Ring thanks to robbie, and it's awesome, fits perfect
mglring1.jpg

mglring2.jpg

mglring3.jpg

mglring4.jpg

This is an awesome prop especially for the cost, i'm really happy with it, and don't see the point in spending money on the versions from other companies now.

Got mines today. For the peeps who POd or was plan on getting the dc direct prop, after getting this one will you still get the dc direct one?

Back