Official MATTEL's MattyCollector.com Voltron Classics - Club Lion Force

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonderful wonderful glad I bought the sub...no way any company could make something as big scale for Voltron as this.

That's a silly thing to say, I could think of many company's that could not only make something this size but also do it better. Only thing stopping them would be lack of interest and or licence.

After seeing the video I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of quality on these guys. Some metal parts would've been nice and the whole "one touch" thing seems kinda cheesy.

Gives me doubts about keeping my sub now.

I love love Voltron but I just cant jump on the Matty sub.I have the Masters sub for this year and it was one letdown after another.

And idk would it have killed them to make it less plasticy. It just looks so simple too simple IMO

Think I will go ahead and sub myself for this set. Not gonna bother getting the MOTUC sub, didn't like having to get figs I didnt want, and then losing money on reseling them.

Yeah, I don't think there is much of a point comparing this sub to the others as this is just a straight up Voltron sub... for Voltron and his pilots... its not like half of the year's line-up in a mystery.

I think the whole thing looks great. But I will custom paint mine with enamels & metallic paints... Because thats the look I want for mine.

From the Fwoosh!

New Epic picture of the scale of this thing!!! I understand the comment regarding the look of this collection, but its a rehash of Vintage toy set and looks like it but WAY better!

Would have liked to see a MOTUC or DUC figure in there for comparison!!!

MatVoltronClubLionForce.jpg

And the Exclusive Sven!!!
MatVoltronSvenShot.jpg

I'm getting close to the deadline and closer to wanting to describe. I won an auction for the Blazing Sword Voltron and just got it today. The pictures make it look cheap, but in hand the engineering of the figures is quite impressive. What it lacks in detail it makes up for in articulation. I fiddled with it for a while and was constantly finding new points of articulation. I felt confident enough in how it was built that I handed it over to my five year old son and he had all sorts of fun with it. I feel better about the quality of the upcoming products. I'm just trying to decide if I buy these as they come out or subscribe.

I love Voltron but don't dig these automorph Lions.

I just don't like how they look, period. Too cartoony and simple.

Would have been nice to see a bit of realism injected into the designs. I understand what they were going for, and if you prefer the cartoony look, so much the better for you, but even ball jointed limbs on the lions would have gone a long way.

I for one am excited about these if for no other reason than to have a nearly 2 ft. tall Voltron and a SVEN!

i didn't buy the sub, but after seeing the huge voltron in person at the new york comic con, i will be there day of sale to order the lions. i like that it's cartoon accurate and it's just very impressive to look at.

I don't even know where this goes, but I just can't hold back my excitement on this. This have been my #1 most wanted figure for at least 10 years now and I can't believe it's finally happening:drool:
Vehicle-Voltron-Toy-Image.jpg

Vehicle-Voltron-Toy-Feet-Image.jpg

Vehicle-Voltron-Computer-Rendering-Image.gif

NewsFlash: Diecast Vehicle Voltron in the Works by Most Wanted
Need a vehicle Voltron to accompany your lion Masterpiece Voltron? Well someone is aiming to make that a reality. Voltron I aka Vehicle Voltron aka Dairugger XV will stand at 13 inches tall, have 60% metal content, and can break down into all 15 vehicles and even merge in to the land/sea/air teams. He'll have lots of articulation and several weapons to pose with. With nearly two years of development, he's in the final stages and is slated for a Spring 2012 release.

UPDATE 11/22/2011 - The word is Most Wanted, the company that released a slew of Gaiking: Legend of Daiku-Maryu toys a couple years ago, are the team responsible for this piece of awesome.

Toy Nippon: NewsFlash: Diecast Vehicle Voltron in the Works by Most Wanted

Oh hell yeah! This will be awesome next to lion masterpiece. I really am not interested in the 2ft version but this bad boy is a must!

Back