did your hot toys' batteries leak?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

did your hot toys batteries leak?

• yes.

Votes: 41 24.0%
  • no.

Votes: 97 56.7%
  • don't know, still factory sealed.

Votes: 21 12.3%
  • don't have any hot toys figures with batteries.

Votes: 12 7.0%

• Total voters
For information, if anyone is wanting to find replacements for Iron man the head and arms usually use AG1 cell buttons, and AG9 for the chest except the Mark V which for some reason uses AG10. Your best going for lithium cell buttons, last longer.

Hate those little screws...on my IM 2 Warmachine it totally **** up the batterie compartment at the neck piece because none of my screw drivers fit exactly...oh well...

But otherwise: no problem with any batteries on my figures.

I went through about two weeks ago and took out all my iron man batteries just to be safe. I usually keep the plastic tabs in. They were all ok, but i did see 2 batteries on my BD MK III looking a bit dodgy.

Just took the batteries out of my mark VII, which has been displayed with the plastic tabs in for the last month or two. No leakage. Almost stripped one screw but managed to get it out... And noticed that one screw was missing entirely lol... Email to sideshow coming up.

However, I did check my baggy of other batteries from transformers I have taken out, which has been there for a good while now, and tho I have checked them several times, of course right after reading this thread is when I open the baggy to find they are almost all exploded. Burned my damn finger through the plastic.

I stored all my iron man batteires by wrapping the ones that go together in cling wrap (like three times around each battery before adding the next one, then putting each of those in tissue paper and those in a bag. Thing the cling wrap will keep them from exploding?

They probably exploded and burned your finger because they're all jumbled up in a bag short circuiting each other!!!

All batteries will eventually leak. ALL of them. Plastic tabs in or not. It's not something that can be avoided, or even noticeably postponed.

If I really want to light my figures I'll spend $10 on some cheap batteries from ebay.

Even if you have the right screwdrivers you still need to be careful. IF they're too tight the right screwdriver will still strip the head. Some of these screws are just done up too tight in the factory, there is no need for them to be like this.

I think I'd rather buy a figure that was removed just to have the batteries taken out then returned to the box than a mint sealed one with leaking batteries but to each their own.

Checked all the marks on display. The mark vi had one battery with brown gunk on it. I threw it out. So glad I caught it in time. Tested the arm with batteries from the other side and it works perfectly. These batteries are a ticking time bomb...:horror

Every time I open this thread I get a little more worried :lol

I've been lucky on all of my figures, but reading the horror stories is hitting home. Once Hulk and the new Stark arrive next week I'm going to operate :(

Every time I open this thread I get a little more worried :lol

I've been lucky on all of my figures, but reading the horror stories is hitting home. Once Hulk and the new Stark arrive next week I'm going to operate :(

i have many factory sealed. there is a much larger percentage of people with no problems, as only 21 at this point reported problems.

i have many factory sealed. there is a much larger percentage of people with no problems, as only 21 at this point reported problems.
True but this poll is pretty flawed. Many of the "no's" are because most of us remove the batteries on delivery (especially if they're being stored). So that doesn't mean that there isn't a problem, just means we were proactive in avoiding the potential for one. Who knows how many of your MISB HTs have exploded batteries. Could be none, half, etc. You'll find out when you sell 'em, I guess. Even if they can't return them I'd expect the buyers will let you know if anything arrives damaged. Time will tell, Darkmatter!

True but this poll is pretty flawed. Many of the "no's" are because most of us remove the batteries on delivery (especially if they're being stored). So that doesn't mean that there isn't a problem, just means we were proactive in avoiding the potential for one. Who knows how many of your MISB HTs have exploded batteries. Could be none, half, etc. You'll find out when you sell 'em, I guess. Even if they can't return them I'd expect the buyers will let you know if anything arrives damaged. Time will tell, Darkmatter!

:lecture:exactly:

The poll is pretty much 2 to 1 at the moment, which isn't very comforting :(

Out of 5 IM figures so far the only figure that didn't have battery leakage is Whiplash. The worst was War Machine, 3 weeks after I bought him batteries of both arms & chest piece leaked.

Out of 5 IM figures so far the only figure that didn't have battery leakage is Whiplash. The worst was War Machine, 3 weeks after I bought him batteries of both arms & chest piece leaked.

do you keep your figures in the air conditioning, out of light and humidity? what are the conditions as you seem to have a much higher than average report of leakage.

Wow that's pretty bad. Like Dark asked I'm curious to how they are stored. Mine have always been in detolfs, air conditioned and out of sunlight - basically they are Dracula's :lol

My livingroom has no windows so the only light is from the LEDs in the Detolf and I keep the temperature at 72.

Removed all the batteries from my IM figures. Felt like a huge chore, can't believe it took me so long for 4 suits. Unfortunately the previous owner of my War Machine scratched the screw on his left arm so badly all of the profiling is gone. No grip left for the screwdriver means I can't get that one off, light work fine so hopefully it won't leak.

Got three other suits coming with removed batteries already, only leaves the Mark VII I will get soon. I feel my shelf is now less volatile (although this thread made me nervous in the first place).

Back