Did the ST have a PLAN or NOT?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is the ST the result of Disney's plan from the beginning?

• No plan

Votes: 60 96.8%
  • Plan

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
The argument that the OT didnt have a plan is so tiresome. Lucas was flying by the seat of his pants, doing something that had never been done before, and managed to catch lightning in a bottle.

Wait, are you saying he did or didn't have a plan?

Ironically the PT was the only trilogy that was planned from the outset. But even then George had only really had ROTS firmly in mind, the first two were filler.

Like, they were going to rerelease all 6 films in theaters in 3D back starting in 2012, but Ep. I did so poorly they cancelled their plans to release the rest.

I thought it they cancelled the rollout because of the sale to Disney?

I think the point is who cares? At this point you liked the films or you didnt.....

Continued posts like this are just a thinly veiled attempted to keep the ST hate train going.

The question itself is just a misdirect to start yet another thread for certain members to keep their disgust of the ST alive. It?s boring.

Let it go already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I concur. Although these days it seems if we're not talking about which inferior Star Wars trilogy is more or less inferior than the other we aren't talking about anything at all. This place is dead.

True, but then again the only new stuff to talk about is whatever was already in the can and set for streaming. Usually we move on to the next new thing in theaters, but thanks to COVID there is no new thing...

Wait, are you saying he did or didn't have a plan?

Ironically the PT was the only trilogy that was planned from the outset. But even then George had only really had ROTS firmly in mind, the first two were filler.

I thought it they cancelled the rollout because of the sale to Disney?

Yes I am saying he did not have a plan for the OT. And the 3D stuff was not making any money, hence why Disney cancelled it. According to Box Office Mojo it grossed only about $25 million over 3 1/2 months in 2012.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
they were going to rerelease all 6 films in theaters in 3D back starting in 2012, but Ep. I did so poorly they cancelled their plans to release the rest.

:lol I remember that. There was a billboard near where I lived for TPM, so I took a pic thinking I could get all 6 films on that billboard. Nope. Just the one.

Crap are we down to talking about the quality of SW in percentages now?

True, but then again the only new stuff to talk about is whatever was already in the can and set for streaming. Usually we move on to the next new thing in theaters, but thanks to COVID there is no new thing...

Sheesh your right. We should of moved on now but we are stuck on movies made from last year

Ewok percent is based off the amount of eyelid blink involved.

Now Gungan percent is inverse and always negative.

Ewok percent is based off the amount of eyelid blink involved.

What about the ol' Nub-Nub Rub-Rub...

tumblr_mczhjvaDST1rxs3wso1_400.gif

Back