Did the ST have a PLAN or NOT?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is the ST the result of Disney's plan from the beginning?

• No plan

Votes: 60 96.8%
  • Plan

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
Well it only took 40 votes to find the one...

Making money is really not a plan in and of itself.

lol making money is the "goal" everyone has from the day they are born but hardly anyone actually employs a plan to achieve this goal,the real "plan" is how to accomplish/achieve the accumulation of wealth. There is a difference between goals and the plans used to achieve them

Making money itself is not a plan its a goal,the plan would detail how you go about achieving this goal of making money

You damn right Disney had a plan...the minute they got their grubby mitts on the keys to Lucas' creation...and you actually think that the story-line was a 'free-form' moving from movie to movie. No way. I seriously think that blind-hatred of these last 3 movies has seriously clouded some minds. Star Wars fans are SO fickle.

Would you like to buy a bridge?

...and how much did the last 3 movies make...a **** ton of money...

and that was Disney's plan all along.

Such a glorious fortune that Disney has decided to hold up Star Wars because they can only take so much money. Such a rich treasure trove of opportunity that Disney has hit the breaks on this money-making monster.

But something went wrong with the "Ebor plan".

:lol

Must of been somebody hitting them crack rocks or just was to drunk and pressed the yes button lol

...and how much did the last 3 movies make...a **** ton of money...

and that was Disney's plan all along.

Anybody being honest knows they left probably 2 billion or more on the table between box office, toys, other merch, brand recognition etc. The damage the ST did to the brand long term is almost immeasurable. The once the most popular franchise by a long shot is now clinging to life buoyed by a TV show. Even Hasbro has abandoned the ST.

I heard one YouTube commentator say that according to contract between George Lucas and Disney, anytime a Lucas created character (i.e., Luke, Han, Leia) got a certain amount of screen time, Lucas got an additional royalty payment, hence it was a corporate mandate to sideline the original characters as much as possible. Not sure if that's true, but it may explain why the films felt so unsatisfying to fans.

How about the poll to see if the OT had a plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It did t need to. Star Wars was new. They were shaping the world up and trying to see what stuck and what didn?t . The ST is a follow up and the ground work was laid out. All they had to do was come up with a decent story but they didn?t

The argument that the OT didnt have a plan is so tiresome. Lucas was flying by the seat of his pants, doing something that had never been done before, and managed to catch lightning in a bottle. Also, to anyone who keeps saying stuff like well everyone has come around to liking the prequels now 20 years later, give it another 20 years and people will also appreciate the sequels. Like, no, that argument holds no water at all. It is only the most hardcore Star Wars fans that like the prequels these days. Most of the general public still think those films are pretty bad. Like, they were going to rerelease all 6 films in theaters in 3D back starting in 2012, but Ep. I did so poorly they cancelled their plans to release the rest.

I was just watching a documentary on I believe the Warners YouTube channel about the making of the Dark Knight trilogy. Nolan said they never had any intention of making a connected trilogy until they got to the last movie. When it came to Batman Begins and Dark Knight, their primary focus was to just make complete films and stories for each individual movie. So, like with the OT, it wasnt even necessary to have a plan for a cohesive trilogy to work. But you do have to have a Nolan or Lucas-type visionary leading the way.

Each of the ST movies failed on that level as well, as individual movies that could stand on their own as complete stories. I think one of their major mistakes at the start was setting up so many mysteries and questions in TFA. In contrast, the OT and PT are not built around mystery boxes. We knew Lukes father had been a Jedi. Even in the PT, there is no attempt to hide that Palpatine and Sidious were the exact same person. I challenge anyone to tell me what this trilogy was about other than just trying to awkwardly answer the mysteries and questions that they introduced in TFA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back