Should the Skywalker Saga be rebooted with a nine-part plan?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should the Skywalker Saga be rebooted with a nine-part plan?

• Yes, using most or all of Lucas' original nine-part plan

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Yes, using a new story arc written from scratch

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • No. Just No.

Votes: 54 87.1%
  • I just don't know anymore!

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
I want it rebooted with a female Luke.

8c7e9cc2-5c0a-40b7-aa9a-eac14b194d26

Give her to me.

I want it rebooted with a female Luke.

8c7e9cc2-5c0a-40b7-aa9a-eac14b194d26

Give her to me.
Lol that image right there gets KK all juicy in her panties. can we bob? We should make every character in star wars a woman.

Kk reboot star wars featuring Haney Solo, Lorretta Skywalker, darth ******, annie skywalker, Leia, Asaj Ventress, Ahsoka Tano, Sabine wren, darth nightsister dak, Aayla Secura, gina corera dune, Luminara Unduli, Mystery Windu, Plo kooch, candi wan keonbi, yodeta, Adi Gallia, Holdo on’Tocok, Countress dooku, shak ti, barris offee, Kitti Fisto, Hera Syndulla, Boobsafett, Jenji Fett, Rey Palpatine, Rose “mcgowan” starkiller and the cute baby yodeta species named izzy

Lol that image right there gets KK all juicy in her panties. can we bob? We should make every character in star wars a woman.

Kk reboot star wars featuring Haney Solo, Lorretta Skywalker, darth ******, annie skywalker, Leia, Asaj Ventress, Ahsoka Tano, Sabine wren, darth nightsister dak, gina corera dune, Mystery Windu, plas kooch, candi wan keonbi, yodeta, countress dooku, shak ti, barris offee, boobsafet, Rey Palpatine, Rose “mcgowan” and the cute baby yoda named izzy

I shudder to think what the lightsabers will be used for in that universe. I can hear Kenobi now. It's as if millions of women screamed in orgasmic pleasure and were suddenly silenced, when the kyber crystals wore out.

Why ? So the people whom are never happy can have more fodder to ***** about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All it would do is give the ?nerve happy? crowd more to complain about.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should reboot ANH and ESB to bring them down to the standard of the rest of Star Wars. And reboot Rogue One too. Fill the 3rd act with slapstick comedy.

I would have said reboot the OT but I know it would start another debate about ROTJ

Last edited:
Can't vote 'coz - partially.

Leave the PT and OT; re-film the ST with same cast and different script/director.

Which will never happen. So IMO they should just leave it and do what they are doing - offshoot series/films.
They should just scrap the ST and decanonise it. It's just dragging a previously excellent franchise down. And they are doing good things again with Mandalorian etc.

It's time we all moved on.
Yes.

I'm reminded of bands I once loved, but outgrew ... or maybe I loved one or two of their albums before they stopped resonating with me.

Where is the law that says we have to love it all? Where is the reason to give our time to anything that doesn't move us? When do we stop waiting to feel that one thing again?

I used to think Star Wars with all its flaws was as timeless and mutable a canvas as Shakespeare -- not on that literary level of course, it was always pulp -- but that it could stand the test of time and changing cultures to be transmuted into something new and relevant over and over again.

I think now, that I was wrong about that. It belongs in the past, in the reek of popcorn and that gum they packed with the trading cards. Where it's safe from the depredations of time and contemporary marketing machines.

Corporations will always strive to sell your childhood back to you, to sell you rose-tinted memories and most of all ... to sell you love.

And the weak will latch on to these simulacra, spending money, giving away their time, going so far as to film themselves crying instead of finding something real, seeking new experiences or making something for themselves.

I'm not buying. :LOL:

They should just scrap the ST and decanonise it. It's just dragging a previously excellent franchise down. And they are doing good things again with Mandalorian etc.
Scrap the PT too, please. Everything except for Star Wars, ESB, and the Holiday Special.

I’m still good with Episodes I-VI. The Sequel Trilogy doesn’t exist to me though. I like most of the new Disney era Star Wars output otherwise.

Ironically the PT is the only SW trilogy that had a plan from the start and largely stuck to it.

Could the Skywalker Saga benefit from being remade with a nine-part plan from the start?

I voted no, probably for nostalgic reasons. All three trilogies have their flaws but on the whole I'm content with them.

Get a good script but keep it to a small story. Then get good actors.

For example, Dredd ( the Karl Urban one) was criminally underrated. It was an extremely simple story. But interesting and well made.

You don't need the "fate of the whole universe thing" going on to tell a really good story.

Hawkeyes series. It was a pretty simple plot. But the writing was pretty good and you got Steinfeld and Pugh, two quality actresses and Renner is always solid.

Falcon And The Winter Soldier had some big stakes going on, but the plot was too complex and they didn't focus on the characters or where the characters were going in terms of development. They took the best actor on the show, Daniel Bruhl, and made him into a sideline mascot kind of character.

Ron Moore's Battlestar Galactica was great for the first season and a half. Very simple storylines, focus on character development. Then it turned into a complex plot/plot heavy mess.

Imagine Star Wars but in the vein of No Country For Old Men. Something like that. Or the True Grit reboot. Or Unforgiven. Take the space western and just steal from the good westerns already made.

It’s very easy. Retcon the ST and reboot that. Everything else is fine. Come up with a story that connects all three films and makes you want more. Don’t just come up with crap as you go. Also stick with one director .

Back