Should the Skywalker Saga be rebooted with a nine-part plan?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should the Skywalker Saga be rebooted with a nine-part plan?

• Yes, using most or all of Lucas' original nine-part plan

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Yes, using a new story arc written from scratch

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • No. Just No.

Votes: 54 87.1%
  • I just don't know anymore!

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
When do we stop waiting to feel that one thing again?

Corporations will always strive to sell your childhood back to you, to sell you rose-tinted memories and most of all ... to sell you love.

star-wars-the-last-jedi.gif

Honestly, I would not at all be against a remake of the saga, unless it is made by current filmakers/writers in which case hell no.

A remake in concept does not bother me at all, since the originals remain in existence and some remakes surpass the orginals they are based on.

The issue is that Hollywood in current year seems incapable of improving upon what came before. That is why remakes are frowned upon, there is almost always a huge drop in quality of writing.

If done right a remake of the saga could pluck the best elements of all the films (the designs, the overaching plot, the planets, setpieces, costumes etc) but remove the crap ("yippee!", Jar Jar, Disneys trilogy etc) and make it all blend more natually in aesthetics/style/tone. Star Wars is in such a bad state that honestly I only count the OT, ROTS, RO and Solo as canon anyway, and 2 of those I wouldn't count as great, just good. If we just kept the movies we love and allow the franchise to be rebooted I think the reset could fix how many view it.

Haha! Man that Ric Ollie action figure was a real subversion of expectations, who is this intriguing pilot character and what he will do in the movie ... er that?s a whole lot of nothing.
You were Ric R'Ollie'd!

(I think that's him in his mouth) :lol
6gvcea.jpg

As to remaking the saga.
I kind of already have, a mentally edited version that (to me) best compliment the OT in my own head canon, Don't need yet another "vision" of it out there getting it all "wrong". :google

As others indicate the Saga was Luke bringing about the way for his father to find redemption, and in so doing ... the Return of the Jedi. Done.
PT (for me) added little to that, and the ST took a giant dump on it, making Han a directionless useless dead beat who commits suicide by his own brat, Leia the worst least inspiring leader, and Luke an absolute regressed cowered and failure written to go against all his own instincts and learned experience, (aka "subverted") who all accomplished nothing post ROTJ according to Disney.

Don't need yet a third take, revisiting what was never broken.
Just make actual new characters and tell actual new stories in that estabished U., and stop trying to revisit "fix" or "reframe" the events of the OT.
It doesn't need it, it never did.

Last edited:
KK just said there'll be no more recasting of major characters in SW.

Funnily enough TBOBF could have benefited from this. And ‎Alden Ehrenreich was one of the few things I liked about Solo.

But if it means more new stories and less fan service I guess it's a net positive.

Back