Did anyone else feel kinda icky watching Pee-Wee on Leno?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't hate Leno. I'm sure he is a very nice guy. However, he is not that funny, IMO, and should have gracefully bowed out when his time was done instead of taking over that Tonight Show-lite gig. His doing that really undercuts the idea that Conan, who has more than paid his dues, was taking over as one of the real "kings" of the late night talk show. Now things are just like they were before, only with Leno starting earlier. Having been a Conan fan since the mid-90s, this rubs me the wrong way.

I don't hate Leno. I'm sure he is a very nice guy. However, he is not that funny, IMO, and should have gracefully bowed out when his time was done instead of taking over that Tonight Show-lite gig. His doing that really undercuts the idea that Conan, who has more than paid his dues, was taking over as one of the real "kings" of the late night talk show. Now things are just like they were before, only with Leno starting earlier. Having been a Conan fan since the mid-90s, this rubs me the wrong way.

This was a prevention call by NBC to keep Leno on the network instead of him going to ABC or FOX to compete with them. Besides, he had been #1 in Late night for many years, always beating Letterman. Conan still beats Letterman in the only category NBC cares about, the 18-49 crowd.

As everyone may or may not know, the only reason Leno is on at 10 is to save money. His operating cost for his shows for 5 nights a week don't even come close to what it costs to produce one -- one hour drama. So to not have 5 one hour dramas on at all, put NBC in noting but profit, even if the Leno show only draws a few million people, which is what they expect. They would love more, but that takes time to build, a lot of people are set in their viewing ways.

I can't understand the Leno hate.

Ok, I work on the show, so I'm a bit biased, but I have no idea why people hate him so much. Did he break into your house and rape your mother and have your father take pictures? He's one of the nicest guys in the world.

People always criticize other people, I have myself, but up until I was neck deep in something (THE JAY LENO SHOW), I have no idea why all the hate. I guess you can think he's not funny or not your brand of humor, but I guess I don't understand.

He employs hundreds of people, even more that aren't on his set. But I guess that makes him an ass. Yeah ^^^^^^ Jay Leno.

Uwe Boll is a nice man. But I hate him because he makes ^^^^ty movies.

I knew that cost-cutting was the main reason for the talk show, but didn't know that they kept Leno on so that he didn't go elsewhere.

Putting it in perspective, this is all the guy has known for nearly 20 years, so I understand him wanting to stay at it. And if NBC is willing to give the guy the slot and the money, then that is that. But it still seems to me that Conan is getting the shaft, because he isn't getting the kind of opportunity that Jay got, to be "the man" for NBC's late night lineup. I'm sure that at the end of the day, this was NBC's idea, and not Jay's, but it sucks either way, IMO, and Leno is a part of it.

I'm still very sure he is a nice guy, though. In fact, if he wanted to give me one of his million dollar cars or whatever out of the kindness of his heart, then I'll sing his praises like no other :D

I didn't even know he was on. The first episode was crap but I have seen little bits here and there since and its not too bad now but I don't make it a point to watch it.

This was a prevention call by NBC to keep Leno on the network instead of him going to ABC or FOX to compete with them. Besides, he had been #1 in Late night for many years, always beating Letterman. Conan still beats Letterman in the only category NBC cares about, the 18-49 crowd.

As everyone may or may not know, the only reason Leno is on at 10 is to save money. His operating cost for his shows for 5 nights a week don't even come close to what it costs to produce one -- one hour drama. So to not have 5 one hour dramas on at all, put NBC in noting but profit, even if the Leno show only draws a few million people, which is what they expect. They would love more, but that takes time to build, a lot of people are set in their viewing ways.

I guess that make sense then. Correct me if I'm wring...but i read that Conan's rating in dropping cuz people don't like his new time slot...so do u think they would eventually replace him?? And why is Craig Ferguson still on TV!? >=(

I knew that cost-cutting was the main reason for the talk show, but didn't know that they kept Leno on so that he didn't go elsewhere.

Putting it in perspective, this is all the guy has known for nearly 20 years, so I understand him wanting to stay at it. And if NBC is willing to give the guy the slot and the money, then that is that. But it still seems to me that Conan is getting the shaft, because he isn't getting the kind of opportunity that Jay got, to be "the man" for NBC's late night lineup. I'm sure that at the end of the day, this was NBC's idea, and not Jay's, but it sucks either way, IMO, and Leno is a part of it.

I'm still very sure he is a nice guy, though. In fact, if he wanted to give me one of his million dollar cars or whatever out of the kindness of his heart, then I'll sing his praises like no other :D

When Jay got that opportunity it was a very different time in television. Read the book, "The Late Shift," it tells all about it.

I'm not defending the content of Leno's show, it's very hit and miss, but so is every show, I love "Family Guy," but lord knows there are plenty of turd episodes. It's not for everyone, so you have hundreds of other channels to choose programming from.

I'm not a fan of his movies, but I don't hate him, but he must be doing something right, nobody would keep giving him millions of dollars to make movies if they didn't make a profit.
I have heard that he is incredibly charismatic in person. That must go a loooong way, because I don't know how his movies make profit. Who watches Uwe Boll movies?

I can't understand the Leno hate.

Ok, I work on the show, so I'm a bit biased, but I have no idea why people hate him so much. Did he break into your house and rape your mother and have your father take pictures? He's one of the nicest guys in the world.

People always criticize other people, I have myself, but up until I was neck deep in something (THE JAY LENO SHOW), I have no idea why all the hate. I guess you can think he's not funny or not your brand of humor, but I guess I don't understand.

He employs hundreds of people, even more that aren't on his set. But I guess that makes him an ass. Yeah ^^^^^^ Jay Leno.

I like Jay alot! I don't have a problem with him at all.

What do you do for the show?

I guess that make sense then. Correct me if I'm wring...but i read that Conan's rating in dropping cuz people don't like his new time slot...so do u think they would eventually replace him?? And why is Craig Ferguson still on TV!? >=(

I like Craig! Always have since he was on the Drew Carey show. I was sooo jealous when he got married. :lol

Back