The Fourth Kind!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Devil, how do you know this movie is purely fictional?

Because it is.

Plus they supposedly show "real" footage of a dude levitating. If that were real we would have all seen it on CNN, Fox, etc by now.

It's fake. Nice filmmaking idea but it's still fake.

Because it is.

Plus they supposedly show "real" footage of a dude levitating. If that were real we would have all seen it on CNN, Fox, etc by now.

It's fake. Nice filmmaking idea but it's still fake.

So, David Blaine is making a appearance in this?.:D

david_blaine_001.jpg

The Masked Magician killed David Blaine's career. :lol

Showed EVERY single trick dude ever did. I mean ALL of them. That's F'd up. But still funny.

To Ween: Beyond what Shropt said, the town referenced (Nome) doesn't appear in any UFO literature. There's also no record of any psychotherapist named Dr. Abigail Tyler in any UFO literature. And we're talking about hundreds of thousands of documents and accounts since 1949. And not a single mention of a "disproportionate number of reported alien abductions over the last forty years" in "Nome, Alaska" like the movie states.

The "interview" with Dr. Abigail Tyler supposedly took place September 3, 2002. The interviewer is Olatunde Osunsanmi. He's the writer/director of the movie. It says "Chapman University" but there's no record of any such interview. Alsom most of Dr. Abigail Tyler's "evidence" was supposedly shot in 2000. And we're just NOW seeing it for the first time in a Movie in 2009!? Nah. BS.

Try to do a search on "Dr. Abigail Tyler". All you'll get is results concerning THIS film.

Last edited:
Somehow I feel that it should be illegal for movies to claim a story is based on facts or true events when it is entirely fictional. It's stupid and annoying and detracts from movies that ACTUALLY are portraying inexplicable events in the past.

Beren

Somehow I feel that it should be illegal for movies to claim a story is based on facts or true events when it is entirely fictional. It's stupid and annoying and detracts from movies that ACTUALLY are portraying inexplicable events in the past.

Beren

I agree, its a pure money grab.

Agreed. And in case anyone cares: this movie is purely fictional.

Speaking of The Blair Witch Project: What still surprises me to this day is, when the film makers (Daniel Myrick &
Eduardo Sánchez) debuted the film at the Sundance film festival I saw an interview with one of them (not sure which) on Roger Ebert at the Movies (I believe) where dude straight up said the movie was fictional. Whatever show it was previewed a bunch of indy movies shown at Sundance that year and had little inteviews with the directors, writers, etc.

But after the movie was picked up by a mainstream studio, all of a sudden they started promoting it like it was based on real life events. And it tripped me out because I remember the interview, so I knew it was all a hoax. I guess no one else remembered seeing or even saw that show. :lol

I know A LOT of people who liked that movie say it's because they thought it was real. I thought the movie flat out sucked. And honestly.. I don't think even if I thought it was real I would feel any differently.

But later on when

I thought everyone knew it was fiction?... :dunno...
I sure did when I saw it, and it still scared the crap out of me...

Showed EVERY single trick dude ever did. I mean ALL of them. That's F'd up. But still funny.

:lol:lol He's even exposed some of David Copperfield's tricks too!!

To Ween: Beyond what Shropt said, the town referenced (Nome) doesn't appear in any UFO literature. There's also no record of any psychotherapist named Dr. Abigail Tyler in any UFO literature. And we're talking about hundreds of thousands of documents and accounts since 1949. And not a single mention of a "disproportionate number of reported alien abductions over the last forty years" in "Nome, Alaska" like the movie states.

The "interview" with Dr. Abigail Tyler supposedly took place September 3, 2002. The interviewer is Olatunde Osunsanmi. He's the writer/director of the movie. It says "Chapman University" but there's no record of any such interview. Alsom most of Dr. Abigail Tyler's "evidence" was supposedly shot in 2000. And we're just NOW seeing it for the first time in a Movie in 2009!? Nah. BS.

Try to do a search on "Dr. Abigail Tyler". All you'll get is results concerning THIS film.

Yep, I used to be a UFO freak, and never heard of this case at all...
Still interested in the movie though... :D

Beren

Well... even films that are based on actual events have a LOT of fiction on them, heck, even the news!!!... so, who decides what is true to the source and what's not? :dunno

I agree, its a pure money grab.

Well... yeah... :duh
:peace

i dont see what is so creepy or terrifying about this movie. seems like one of those that leave you more dissapointed than creeped out when the movie ends due to all the vagueness.

Beren

That's the thing though, they say it is "based" on a true story. Not actually the true story. Most of these types have 1% truth to them and 99% hollywood make up.

Thanks Devil. I wasn't asking to be smart or anything, I was just wondering how you knew. When movies claim to be true or based on truth, you assume that what they're talking about is at least true in their basic "facts". Obviously, none of those in this movie are true.

Yeah, this trailer scared the living crap out of me. Can't wait to see this in November! And yes the film is a faux documentary or docudrama like Blair Witch or Cloverfield or the masterful DISTRICT 9. I don't mind the filmmakers blurring the lines between reality and fiction. It just makes for more fun at the theatre.
And snow owls really, really give me the creeps...

Last edited:
The owl eyes that were shown a couple of times in the preview are actual from a Barn Owl, rather than the Snowy Owl that they describe. I mean I think it's pretty obvious that the owl was supposed to be an alien, though.

Barn Owl:
barn_owl_lg.jpg

Eyes in Trailer:
fourth-kind-trailer.jpg

I really believe that Barn Owls are one of the most beautiful and majestic of birds. However, if you're lucky enough to hear one shriek at night (they can't "hoot" like most owls,) you might find yourself a little uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Well... even films that are based on actual events have a LOT of fiction on them, heck, even the news!!!... so, who decides what is true to the source and what's not? :dunno

That's the thing though, they say it is "based" on a true story. Not actually the true story. Most of these types have 1% truth to them and 99% hollywood make up.

Both good points. Texas Chainsaw Massacre is based on a real event. But that real event (Ed Gein) shares only minor details with the film. No family of killers. No chainsaw weilding psycho. Just a serial killer who would make furniture/sculptures out of human parts and a transvestite who not only dressed in women's clothing but also in their flesh. That part is real. Ed Gein did that. He was also a cannibal. So technically TCM is based on a real event, but you can see just how much is fact and how much is fiction.

The Fourth Kind takes elements from real life accounts and merges them into a single event. That's the part I'm saying isn't real. So to clarify: there are certain elements in this film that actually happened. But those elements, like TCM are very minor.

Whitley Strieber wrote a book called Communion. It was also made into a film with Christopher Walken. If you read the book he discusses an odd occurence that's shared amongst the vast majority of people who claim to be victims of alien abduction: Strong, vivid memories of animal encounters. For some people Owls (like in the Fourth Kind) or Wolves (for Strieber) etc. Strieber believes those images are implants, used to fill in the blanked out portion of someones memory after they've been abducted. Strieber believes aliens have been visiting and abducting him since he was a child.

He also went through extensive hypnosis and therapy with other 'abductees'. So in a sense, that aspect of the Fourth Kind could be based on that.

Guys, all this "FACT" ^^^^ is just to make the film more interesting. If you believe the footage is real, it creates a different effect.

Ever watch the flick "Lake County Incident"? 100% fake...hell, theres even actors I've seen in movies, but damn is it scary. You belive its real. And it works.

So, just go with it.

It reminded me of Communion
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/nliGzeinPeA&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/nliGzeinPeA&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It reminded me of Communion

Yeah like I mentioned above I think that's where the element of therapy/hypnosis/animal imagery/abduction comes from.

Whitley Strieber wrote a book called Communion. It was also made into a film with Christopher Walken. If you read the book he discusses an odd occurence that's shared amongst the vast majority of people who claim to be victims of alien abduction: Strong, vivid memories of animal encounters. For some people Owls (like in the Fourth Kind) or Wolves (for Strieber) etc. Strieber believes those images are implants, used to fill in the blanked out portion of someones memory after they've been abducted. Strieber believes aliens have been visiting and abducting him since he was a child.

He also went through extensive hypnosis and therapy with other 'abductees'. So in a sense, that aspect of the Fourth Kind could be based on that.

movie looks cliché....but interesting enough for a rent..

Back