DIABLO III!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES!! Finally! now the wait begins for it to be released. Diablo II is still one of my favorite games so Diablo III HAS to be awesome.

Wow.... Finally another Diablo? Man, I have fond memories of Diablo II. One of the best games of it's time and a classic. As long as they retain a bit of the feel I am all over this like a fat kid on pie. :rock

Bump for this thread. Hopefully E3 gives us something to tease us on this. After watching the trailers i'm still on the ropes since only 3 classes have been announced and one i don't like. Hopefully they bring back the Necromancer or the Druid because those were kick ass classes.

SOURCE - IGN

Diablo III's Monk

Ten things you absolutely need to know about the new character class.
by Cam Shea, IGN AU

Australia, September 2, 2009 - The unveiling of the Monk came as a pleasant surprise at this year's Blizzcon, as – hell – he's just a cool character class, complete with stylish looks, speedy combat and a compelling combo system. Plus, the Monk offers up a completely different style of melee play to the Barbarian. We've spent a solid couple of hours mucking around with the Monk, and these are ten of the things we learned...

1) His Design is East Meets East

The Monk was designed with both orthodox Eastern European monks and Asian archetypes in mind, and you can see this merging of traditions in his garb. He also appears to have taken advice on facial hair from the new, old Max Payne. In any case, the Monk is designed to project a holy vibe; not only from his clothes, but from every aspect of his character. Thus, the team have complemented the orange in his outfit with a holy colour palettes for his attacks – primarily gold and silver – so that everything he does feels suffused with a brilliant light; with divine justice. To further emphasise this, the team have also used patterns of runes on certain attacks. Not only does this point to the Monk as a man of knowledge, it is also symbolic of arcane power; of drawing on something other.

Total bad-assery.

2) The Monk Walks the Way of the Hundred Combos

In action the monk feels like he's straight out of kung fu monastery in Shaolin. He's all about speed and agility, which makes him slightly more vulnerable than other classes, but he has a (not so) secret weapon – combos. Inspired by fighting games and looking to expand on the Assassin's combo system in Diablo II, the team has put together a no nonsense system that works really well. The basic idea is that many of the Monk's attacks are three stage moves – you click three times to move through the sequence. What this means is that if you have another three stage attack assigned to the right mouse button, you can mix and match between them. You might utilise the dash in and attack from Way of the Hundred Fists, then end on Exploding Palm, which literally results in your enemy's heart exploding (more on this in a sec). Cooler still, you can tab-swap the right click ability in the middle of a combo, which means you can create combos utilising attacks from three different skills.

We spent a fair amount of time experimenting with the combo system, and in practice it works well. You don't have to be too fast on the click to create combos either - we found you could really pause between clicks if you wanted to.

The success of the combo system will come entirely down to how well different skills complement each other – i.e. whether it's actually necessary for you to create custom combos to beat particular enemies. It's a bit early to say whether the team will succeed in this regard or not, but they're certainly on the right track, and the animations all blend together really well.

We should also mention that not all active skills are three-sequence moves. Something like Impenetrable Defence, for instance, is a one-shot defensive skill. You can't use it to build a three part combo (aside from as the final move) as it resets the combo when used. Same with Seven-Sided Strike.

3) If Every Enemy Encounter Doesn't End in a Shower of Blood You're Not Trying Hard Enough

We love Exploding Palm. It's awesome. How does it work? Well, all three hits are single precision attacks, but on the third a bleed dot is placed on the enemy (you'll see a heart icon over their head), which basically means they'll bleed for a certain number of seconds (which presumably changes depending on the skill's level). If the enemy dies during that time, their heart (and everything else) explodes doing area of effect damage to anything close by, and showering the surroundings in gore. What's not to love?

As you can imagine, it gets mighty tempting to use that third hit in most combos. For instance, the first two hits in Crippling Wave slow enemy movement and reduce damage respectively, which is a great set-up for an Exploding Palm bleed – provided they're likely to die over the bleed time. If not, you could always dash in and attack with Way of the Hundred Fists, then place a bleed and dash off to another set of enemies to begin again.

Oh, and here's an alternate heading to the one above: "If The Skeletons of Your Enemies Aren't Catapulted Out of Their Bodies in a Shower of Blood You're Not Trying Hard Enough". Yes, not only is this game filled with explosions of gore – you'll often hit enemies so hard they explode in a shower of blood, sending their skeleton flying free. So good.

Shower of blood - good, anything less than that - bad.

4) He's A Saint... And A Sinner

The Monk is a religious, spiritual figure who believes in the existence of a thousand and one gods; he believes that the gods are all around us – in fire, water and air. Indeed, each monk gets a tattoo of the thousand and one gods on his back, and it takes a lifetime to complete. At his core, however, he's a holy warrior – a killing machine who does the secret work of the church, reporting in to the 'Priest Kings' of his society. These mysterious and reclusive figures hone their minds and bodies to be instruments of divine justice, and are respected and feared in almost equal measure. Their powers and exploits are legend in the world of Sanctuary.

5) It's Fun to Play With Your Food and Have an Impenetrable Defence

The Monk is all about the flashy moves, and one of our favourites is 'Impenetrable Defence' where he rapidly spins his staff, creating a brief defensive bubble around himself. Not only does this grant 100% dodge against melee attacks, it also rebounds ranged projectiles and can repel Sandwasp attacks and the like. Thus, with this hot-keyed you have a powerful tool against fireball-hurling enemies like Fallen Shaman or Dark Cultists, and the best part is you can treat their ranged attacks with contempt – if a fireball is coming towards you midway through wailing on another group of enemies, just activate Impenetrable Defence to parry it and continue on.

i must have been under a rock... i never heard of diablo lol. i guess its only for the pc?

According to the News from Blizzardcon, Diablo 3 will NOT be released in 2010. So the earliest would be beginning on 2011... :mad:

omg!!why????????i am addicted to diablo!!i started playing 2 and i was stucked!!!why so late????blizzard is great,but it takes them centuries to release a game!!

I'm really looking forward to this game , but I can't beleive that we have to wait so long after announcement for this to be released. Hope the hype doesn't die down.

sorry to necro(pun intended, man that was my favorite d2 character), but news is it might come out by the end of this year... man I've waited 10 years for this game....

also I dont want to brag but i swear me and my brother started the 160/60 ED IAS armor in D2...... right before some idiots dupped the ith armor to hell..

Blizzard Wants to Release Diablo III This Year
Scott Bullock | 11 Feb 2011 2:32 pm
Filed under: scott bullock, blizzard entertainment, diablo 3, pc, release

While there's still no official release date in sight, Blizzard execs say they have made it a goal to release Diablo III this year.

We were all so resigned to the fact that Diablo III wouldn't be coming out this year, when a glimmer of hope appeared. Michael Morhaime and Rob Pardo, big-wigs over at Blizzard Entertainment, shared some delightful information.

Might we be seeing Diablo III sometime this year? "We really, really hope so. That's our goal," Pardo said. "Our goal is to get there. But you know, at the end of the day, we are going to get it right. That's more important. We're going to promise, we're going to get it out there when it's awesome. And, we're crossing our fingers, maybe it will be this year."

Blizzard has a track record of delaying games for long periods, but taking that time to fine-tune and hone their game, almost always releasing a quality product. Not wanting to release something half-finished is a laudable endeavor.

Could Diablo III be a bit simplistic for today's gamers? "We always felt there was a niche that wasn't really being served," said Morhaime, "that the Diablo gameplay experience was very different from a lot of games that are out today."

I would have pointed at games like Torchlight and Deathspank, shaken my head in disagreement, and told Mr. Morhaime that that niche has been nicely filled in Diablo's absence, but I would have been interrupted by Pardo's own disagreements.

"Niche implies something small, this little crevice we need to work ourselves into," Pardo said. "The thing Diablo has always done really well is broaden the RPG market. It brought people into it, who might not have come into it before. It's there for anyone who wants to have fun for 15 minutes or three hours."

Whether the game fills a niche or not, the idea that I may be sitting down for a 3-day marathon of Diablo III sometime this year makes me giddy.

Last edited:
I don't remember where I read it but an Activision rep said there is most probably not going to be any major Blizzard release this year. So both Heart of the Swarm and Diablo are looking at a 2012 release. He said they are trying for at least one of them but he was not optimistic.

I'll try and find the article.

I never played any of the Diablo games but, it looks like an advanced version of Helbreath (if anyone has ever played / heard of it). If it is anything like Helbreath, I think I might have to jump on the bandwagon.

Back