Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG by Bioware

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just logged on last night for a while to look around and see what's new.

They've added Tauntaun, Varactyl and Dewback mounts apparently?! :horror

Is this Cartel Coin thing only for people who aren't subscribed? Can all of the Cartel items be obtained by other means if you have an active subscription?

I got burned out of WoW and need another MMO to play. I think I'll start over on this game and see if I enjoy it any more than when it was released.

Ah, yeah just noticed that. Thanks.

I still have a black-green color crystal and two Pale Rakghoul pets from that Rakghoul Pandemic event that took place in Spring 2012. The only black-green crystal on the GTN at the moment is priced at 2 million credits (I guess that's a lot? :lol). No Rakghoul pets were up there. I'm betting I'll get a lot more for the pets. :yess:

i've been a paid subscriber since the beginning. i notice they keep giving me the Cartel coins...haven't tried to use them yet. Haven't really played it much in a long time. I'd like to but I don't have the time required to put into it.

I just renewed my subscription a few days ago and am starting over with a new Imperial Agent. Just hit level 10 and went Sniper. :yess:

Anyway, I'm here to beg you all to click the link to my refer a friend thingy so I can get special rewards. :lol

Here's the link: https://www.swtor.com/r/rtZhg7

You guys will also get rewards for accepting the friend referral which I've listed below.

New players can play free up to Level 50 with no time limit and also receive the Jumpstart Bundle with boosts and items for faster leveling.

Jumpstart Bundle includes:
1x Quick Travel Pass
5x Minor XP Boost
1x Inventory Module

Previous Subscribers enjoy seven days of subscription level access with unlimited access to missions and features up to Level 50 plus the following:

Preferred Friends Bundle includes:
Unlock: Inventory Module
Unlock: Crew Skill Slot
Customization Control: Display Titles
Customization Control: Unify Colors
One Complimentary Character Transfer for the lifetime of the account.

For me to actually get rewards though, you guys would have to renew/create a subscription within 14 days of clicking my refer a friend link.

Apparently if those of you who already have an active subscription click the link, I automatically get the rewards, so, yeah.

It's literally as simple as clicking the link, logging in to your SWTOR account, and you're done.

So please, please click the link, especially if you're an active subscriber and I will love you forever! :lol

I've heard ALOT of negativity in the past few days with regaurds to the space expansion. Appearently they didn't deliver on some key things? can anyone elaborate on that for me?

I played one battle and didn't like it. Feels like a simple PvP mini game.

Just imagine the space battles that were already in the game, but against other players and you have total control over your starfighter and don't have to follow a path.

Could be because I'm not used to it, but I found controlling the starfighter to be very difficult and annoying. Also, it kinda sucks that there's no cockpit view option.

I feel like I have unfinished business with this MMO but also with WoW and the latter will win out every time in this case.

I'm hardcore wow. Have been for a while. The current spans ion has been a blast. Loving timeless isle, and siege of org. Working on my 5th 90. A shaman this time. 88 already.

Swtor, just failed t connect with me. It couldn't hold my attention, nor create a feeling of immersion for me that makes me want to keep coming back.

so this is not worth playing for free? you have to pay in order to fully be able to play and succeed?

I just downloaded the game, (took two days) And i saw you guys saying the game sucks? I was kind of excited for it, but i dont know now

Double Xp weekend!!

so this is not worth playing for free? you have to pay in order to fully be able to play and succeed?

I just downloaded the game, (took two days) And i saw you guys saying the game sucks? I was kind of excited for it, but i dont know now

Don't listen to other kids, you might love it! Or not, give it a try.

I'm having fun!

Having become completely disenchanted with console gaming I've decided to go back to PC gaming. I can't afford a quality gaming rig so I've ordered the best gaming laptop I could afford (my budget was around £1000) which I figure will do me while I save up money for a quality gaming PC. I was torn between a LENOVO Y510p 15.6” with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M graphics card or an ACER V3-772G 17.6” with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M graphics card. The Lenovo was £999.00 & the Acer was £949.00 so price wasn't the deciding factor. I chose the Acer simply because of all the horror stories I read online, mainly from the lenovo.com forum, about the Lenovo's lousy Centrino 2230 wifi card and Lenovo's inability to solve the problem.

That's what I based my decision on in the end as the specs between the two laptops is mostly negligible.

I mainly bought my new machine to travel back to Azeroth but being a huge Star Wars fan I would love to try The Old Republic at some point. So my question is how do you think this game will perform on my new ACER V3-772G 17.6” Laptop, which should be arriving any day now? I've heard about problems with TOR & NVIDIA cards in general so I'm not sure how well the game will play on this machine. It has an Intel® Core™ i7-4702MQ Processor (2.2 GHz, 3.2 GHz with TurboBoost, 6 MB cache) &, as already mentioned, an NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M graphics card.

Any insight as to how well or poorly I can expect TOR to play on this machine would be most welcome. :)

Back