Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like noone likes S6. I'm loving it all the way.

I really do like it, it's just that it isn't what I was hoping for this season and the show seems to have really lost it's way. The writers no longer seem to be concerned with surprising or shocking the audience (or either they think we are just flat out clueless retards now) and what about character development? We watched Dexter adapt & grow and change over the past seasons... Now, here we are in Season 6 and his sister wants to screw him and he's basically not even following the Code that defined him. For instance, tell me how Dexter is dealing with no longer having his trophies AKA the bloodslides? It was such an intricate part of who he is, now this season it's like the writers just said "I'm tired of Dexter collecting blood slides from every victim, let's just have him drop them and then see if the audience ever even notices!!!" and with him doing so many things out-of-character now, guess what....people don't even notice or seem to care. Let's just have Dexter shooting guns, banging skanks in country stores and have him getting caught multiple times already (add one more, if you saw the preview for this Sunday) by some scrawny amatuer Holy Roller who oddly looks and sounds like Woody From Toy Story!!!

Wait, now what was Harry's first rule for the code????

I'm really hoping the last episode is as good as it looks like it's gonna be, really I am. I was hoping the scene with the horses and the severed body parts would've been as big of a payoff as the previews led it to be too though.

I hope for the best, but I gotta expect the worst :dunno

I am feeling hopeful for the next 2 seasons,
If they Freaking Fix the writing,

I completely forgot about the Slides, damn it! :monkey4

but for the last episode i am expecting the worst, I don't think they could disappoint me but, who knows, im not hopeful at all,

(unless Travis is Imaginay and Dexter killed Gellar and Dexter is doomsday Killer...:lol)

seriously, that's what im starting to think like, that's what this season did to me! :horror

Yeah blackmask, I too am wondering if they are planning some really bold twist Sunday as well. I'm wondering about Louis...maybe they'll tie him in with DDK? I'm figuring he will be back next season and that issue will end in a cliffhanger type of scenario this season. I just can't see Loius being the bad guy though, it seems like he's looking for a partner type of role (which would be refreshing)

I think I'm most concerned about where they're going with this Debra thing though.:slap

Yeah die, how are they going to tie up the DDK and Louis stories? So Dexter gets the hand in the mail and then...? I'm more curious about what the lines on the palm mean than anything.

I just hope that Louis is in no way related to The Ice Truck Killer. That would be very stupid.

Oh and, 1,4,2,3,5,6.

Yeah die, how are they going to tie up the DDK and Louis stories? So Dexter gets the hand in the mail and then...? I'm more curious about what the lines on the palm mean than anything.

I just hope that Louis is in no way related to The Ice Truck Killer. That would be very stupid.

Oh and, 1,4,2,3,5,6.

I bet the final scene would be something like Dex opening up the box revealing the hand Louis sent him. Dexter inspects the marking with a puzzled look on his face, the camera then pans around to reveal Brian standing behind Dexter and he comes out with a smart line like "Well that's not my handy work".

Oh and, 1,4,2,3,5,6.
They don't have to 'tie up' DDK and Louis. It could be two different angles, currently going. The DDK will end/could end and the Louis thing will be the carry-over onto the next season, cliffhanger et.

He will either be an admirer of the ITT, a relative of Brian, an intern/associate of his... remember, Brian worked at a hospital, maybe had some sort of connection with Louis they can tie up. He appears a smart enough guy, where they can tie up some association.

Last edited:

Oh and, 1,4,2,3,5,6.

My sister told me that relatives have similar life lines on their hands. So I'm thinking he's trying to send dex a riddle that pretty much says "I'm related to you".

Really looking forward to the finale. "This Is How The World Ends".

As far as ranking goes I'd say 4,2,1,6,5,3.

I don't think they'll tie Louis up in the finale. Have a feeling he will be a story in season 7. I also think that his palm lines are some sort of admiration of Dexter, maybe symbolizing how he looks up to him, or how smart he think Dexter is. Louis was really crushed when Dexter told him his game sucked and I don't see it being as deep as we think, with the ITK thing. Just think maybe Louis is stalker-type obsessed with Dexter and looks up to him.

The writers better not screw up this Louis thing. He's the most interesting thing with the most potential since season 4.

I have a feeling Travis will die, my guess is in a suicide martyr type situation sacrificing himself to bring on the end of the world.

Last edited:
I don't think they'll tie Louis up in the finale. Have a feeling he will be a story in season 7. I also think that his palm lines are some sort of admiration of Dexter, maybe symbolizing how he looks up to him, or how smart he think Dexter is. Louis was really crushed when Dexter told him his game sucked and I don't see it being as deep as we think, with the ITK thing. Just think maybe Louis is stalker-type obsessed with Dexter and looks up to him.
Also starting to think Louis is using Jamie to get to Dexter.

I have a feeling Travis will die, my guess is in a suicide martyr type situation sacrificing himself to bring on the end of the world.

He knows Dexter is a killer. He has to in a certain way, based on the video-game, the severed hand et.

He wanted to see Dex's reaction to the video-game thing. Is no coincedence, it was almost like a, "Hey, look what I have for you..." "I know what you do..." "I want to see how you react..." a very passive aggressive move on his part, and the way Dex reacted, that visceral affect really got to him and just facilitated probably what he was feeling about him; advanced his 'plans' whatever they are...

It's obvious; like I stated posts ago, this Louis thing will likely be what holds us over for months, as they design the following season based on those happenings with him.

Also starting to think Louis is using Jamie to get to Dexter.

You think? That's painfully obvious for a few episodes. He was in his apartment. In an inviting fashion by the person who takes care of Dex's child.

Funny how they are parallels; ITT would leave Dex messages in his apt., invading Dex's home, knowing about his trophies and so forth...

Louis invaded his home, but not as we see it; as he used the baby-sitter. His message to Dex will be a severed hand delivered anonymously, an attempted message was the showing if the game and the premise of the vide-game.

He knows Dexter is a killer. He has to in a certain way, based on the video-game, the severed hand et.

He wanted to see Dex's reaction to the video-game thing. Is no coincedence, it was almost like a, "Hey, look what I have for you..." "I know what you do..." "I want to see how you react..." a very passive aggressive move on his part, and the way Dex reacted, that visceral affect really got to him and just facilitated probably what he was feeling about him; advanced his 'plans' whatever they are...

It's obvious; like I stated posts ago, this Louis thing will likely be what holds us over for months, as they design the following season based on those happenings with him.

You think? That's painfully obvious for a few episodes. He was in his apartment. In an inviting fashion by the person who takes care of Dex's child.

Funny how they are parallels; ITT would leave Dex messages in his apt., invading Dex's home, knowing about his trophies and so forth...

Louis invaded his home, but not as we see it; as he used the baby-sitter. His message to Dex will be a severed hand delivered anonymously, an attempted message was the showing if the game and the premise of the vide-game.

Yeah, Louis was crushed when Dexter said his game was offensive. I still think the palm reading lines are more worship of Dexter and nothing negative or telling Dexter that he (Louis) is related to him (which I don't think he is anymore anyway). I think Louis being related to the ITK is silly. The ITK was in an institution until he was 21. That would make Louis a teenager at the most.

Yeah, Louis was crushed when Dexter said his game was offensive. I still think the palm reading lines are more worship of Dexter and nothing negative or telling Dexter that he (Louis) is related to him (which I don't think he is anymore anyway). I think Louis being related to the ITK is silly. The ITK was in an institution until he was 21. That would make Louis a teenager at the most.

He has some sort of infatuation, a liking... a crazed fandom towards Dex, no doubt. Between the severed arm, the game, the hounding, and how he has attached himself to one of the few people that spends time in his sanctuary and sacred place - his home with his son - it proves the he wants to know more, is some sort of crazed admirer (or more) and that he knows way more about Dex than your avg. person.

ITK infiltrated Dex's apt.
Doakes did as well...
Prado knew about the DP.
Trinity found out who he was, got inside his home and got his wife.
J.Chase never backed down and even knowing what eventually he knew, he wanted to attack and push forward vs. Dex.
This season: Looks like Travis will push, infiltrate himself in a way, by maybe even harboring Harrison and taking what is sacred to Dex.
Louis: ??? who knows... but he already has some sort of head start knowing things, per the game, per the arm and delivery of it he has planned, the spending of time w/ Bautista's sis and invading Dex's space.

Louis: ??? who knows... but he already has some sort of head start knowing things, per the game, per the arm and delivery of it he has planned, the spending of time w/ Bautista's sis and invading Dex's space.

I definitely don't think he will be a killer, a possibly theory could be Louis somehow suggesting possible kills for dexter, possibly trough his video game or replacing his bloodslides( his all broke remember) with that of those he wishes him to kill, he probably has a dark passenger of his own but lacks the ability to actually take a life so he uses his computer skills/manipulation to get Dexter to do the work for him.

Dexter could even discover the character model for the bay harbor butcher in his game and that it is not Doakes but him!:horror

He has some sort of infatuation, a liking... a crazed fandom towards Dex, no doubt. Between the severed arm, the game, the hounding, and how he has attached himself to one of the few people that spends time in his sanctuary and sacred place - his home with his son - it proves the he wants to know more, is some sort of crazed admirer (or more) and that he knows way more about Dex than your avg. person.

ITK infiltrated Dex's apt.
Doakes did as well...
Prado knew about the DP.
Trinity found out who he was, got inside his home and got his wife.
J.Chase never backed down and even knowing what eventually he knew, he wanted to attack and push forward vs. Dex.
This season: Looks like Travis will push, infiltrate himself in a way, by maybe even harboring Harrison and taking what is sacred to Dex.

Oh yeah, Travis definitely gets into Dexter's apartment, but Travis doesn't really care at all what Dexter is though. Travis is just a sick F looking to sacrifice Harrison during a Lunar eclipse. I'm kind of hoping that he does. It would make Dexter child free, and hopefully, more ruthless in season 7. Although killing a kid, especially one so young is something that rarely happens on TV.

How stupid would it be if while at Dexter's apartment Travis intercepts the package from Louis and Dexter never gets it? Wouldn't put it past some of the writing this season.

Oh yeah, Travis definitely gets into Dexter's apartment, but Travis doesn't really care at all what Dexter is though. Travis is just a sick F looking to sacrifice Harrison during a Lunar eclipse. I'm kind of hoping that he does. It would make Dexter child free, and hopefully, more ruthless in season 7. Although killing a kid, especially one so young is something that rarely happens on TV.

How stupid would it be if while at Dexter's apartment Travis intercepts the package from Louis and Dexter never gets it? Wouldn't put it past some of the writing this season.

Dude, I hear yah... I said it weeks ago. Killing Harrison would mean so much for the show. LOL, I can't believe I just said that. :rotfl

But seriously, it's just another tragedy for Dex; as I mentioned in past posts, how he still struggles keeping his DP and alternate life, separate from those that he cares for. Yes, caring, something that ultimately the show is about, how this stone cold killer, does have human emotions.

How he lost Rita, he lost Harrison and how maybe, who knows? Maybe even Deb. Heck, season 1, that scene with his brother wrapped up on that table... gut wrenching. The emotion Dex showed, how it hurt him to see Brian there, but he needed to do what he did because of Deb.

How he eventually showed emotions and proposed to Rita and her kids. How he was pained by Rita's death. How he was pained when Harrison was in the hospital. And a few others; a main theme on the show, and a reason why Dex was so endearing, the fact that even though he had no identifiable marks as a 'human' per say, and how he carried out acts with his DP, but still, had that side of him that was human -- that light. A reference that was used so much earlier in the season when Sam was alive.

It may sound f'ed up, but Harrison going bye-bye may mean more to show in terms of content. Especially since they are working the whole, Ded and Dex getting close theme. That could do it... drive it home more and make it even more crazier when and if Deb finds out about Dex.

Although I will say this, one of my thoughts on how the show will end is that Dex and Deb have a confrontation, Deb finds out, with Dex ultimately dying, with only Deb knowing his secrets and then, being left alone with Harrison... the end.

Open ended -- with us thinking, assuming and conjuring up thoughts--how will Deb raise that boy knowing who his father was. :hi5:

all this Louis talk is making me wonder If They will try to recreate season 1 in season 7, having someone taunt Dexter and doing what the Ice Truck Killer did but with a twist or something,
I mean, there are a lot of interesting ways it could go,
he could become Dexter's sidekick, maybe a disciple, and help Dexter
Or
Louis could go after Dexter, and working with Dexter could mean Louis always has the upper hand,
or they could Even set it up for Dexter to teach Louis the Code and make Louis Dex's replacement after Dexter dies or something, while leaving Deb with Harrison.
I don't know, i hope they come up with something good

all this Louis talk is making me wonder If They will try to recreate season 1 in season 7, having someone taunt Dexter and doing what the Ice Truck Killer did but with a twist or something,
I mean, there are a lot of interesting ways it could go,
he could become Dexter's sidekick, maybe a disciple, and help Dexter
Or
Louis could go after Dexter, and working with Dexter could mean Louis always has the upper hand,
or they could Even set it up for Dexter to teach Louis the Code and make Louis Dex's replacement after Dexter dies or something, while leaving Deb with Harrison.
I don't know, i hope they come up with something good

He's already taunted him somewhat with the video game...

He obviously designed that with Dexter in mind based on what we've seen: 1. he purchased that severed arm 2. he packed it and was going to address to him 3. the video-game unveiling and how he wanted to show to him.

He may be totally enamored with Dex and 'his work.' His computer prowess may have lead him to find out a lot about Dex. Sure, there may be a chance he wants to "help" Dex et., but we've found out already that that usually does not end well (i.e., M.Prado) and the only other person that did, and lived... was Lumen. And truth be told, like I said weeks ago, and especially now with 2 years to go, maybe that loose end gets tied somehow... or maybe it never does (i.e. like The Sopranos, and that lost Russian from the 'Pine Barrens' episode).

Back