Media Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody that got this on Ps4 been able to register their DLC code with Square website? Every time I try the site times out and I've tried on multiple devices.

I can't help but think that Sideshow, Hot Toys, or ThreeA should really do an Adam Jensen 1/6 figure. Would be so amazingly bad ass. He's such a cool character.

Yuo, exactly..The first/original DE and DE Invisible wars weren't real 'open world' games either. but they were quite innovative in many ways

Edit: Some new gameplay:

Cool an 8 minutes of gameplay video, too bad that's what the actual game feels like too :thud:

I'm a huge Deus Ex fan but this let me down so much, I'm close to being done with gaming. This plays very much like a DLC expansion for HR and I felt like it should have been 14x longer. The end boss is a nobody and the overall story goes nowhere. Very disappointed that I had to wait years to play a short dlc type of game that is not anywhere close to HR.

Rant over :lol

Also I saw that someone is doing a 1/6 custom of Adam here :woo

I don't know what you mean by 'short DLC type of game.' I have 36 hours in it and I'm close to the end, but not yet finished. But I agree overall: the game is disappointing because it feels short even if it isn't.

It's not a content problem as much as a pacing problem. The campaign is actually longer than HR if you explore a lot and do the side-quests. The problem is that the game moves very, very slowly, and then ends at a point that makes no sense. The kind of pacing they have is suitable for a 100+ hour game, which is consistent with the rumor that Mankind Divided was split up into three separate games early in the development process.

I don't know what you mean by 'short DLC type of game.' I have 36 hours in it and I'm close to the end, but not yet finished. But I agree overall: the game is disappointing because it feels short even if it isn't.

It's not a content problem as much as a pacing problem. The campaign is actually longer than HR if you explore a lot and do the side-quests. The problem is that the game moves very, very slowly, and then ends at a point that makes no sense. The kind of pacing they have is suitable for a 100+ hour game, which is consistent with the rumor that Mankind Divided was split up into three separate games early in the development process.
Well I just mean it was short, but perhaps I played through it too quickly, even though I did all the side quests. It definitely didn't take me 36 hours although I wish it did. It just felt like the final boss was similar to Barret from HR and that there should have been more to it. It plays like the second in a trilogy but much much shorter than HR. HR had:
Detroit
The Factory
Hengsha
Montreal
Detroit 2
Hengsha 2
Singapore
Panchea

Mankind Divided had:
Dubai
Prague
Utulek Complex
GARM Facility
Prague 2
London
(It seems like a fair amount, except 3 of those are one area mission zones, Dubai was short and so was London.)

and HR had 4 boss fights...
I think I expected too much from the game but it also felt like there was stuff taken out. For example the pilot guy, I was disappointed when it wasn't Malik and was instead some random guy who had no development, and I'm pretty sure I found a pocket secretary with some vague references in it and a mysterious person asking if they could meet but it wasn't a side quest or maybe I couldn't figure out how to activate it, either way I felt let down by him and a few other characters who had little to no development. Also Sarif references Frank several times but he doesn't appear. So the story and characters are new but the story doesn't do a great job fleshing them out or linking them to the previous story.

Anyway I'm disappointed I waited so long for this and it just wasn't what I expected. Which sucks since I LOVED HR and bought pretty much everything I could from it, it's still one of my all time favourites

Ok I just seen the System Rift trailer and Francis:)lol) appears in that, so that's good :yess:

Also I may be super critical at this point since I played through it kind of quickly :lol I might need to play it again

Back