Dead Rising 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dead Rising 2's 'Zomboni' Might Be the Icing On the Cake
Written Monday, July 12, 2010 By Richard Walker

Dead Rising 2's 'Terror is Reality' multiplayer mode is getting a 'Zomboni' mini-game, wherein you drive a Zamboni around an ice rink in an effort to churn up as many zombies as you can before the buzzer sounds. Better get your 'brain coats' at the ready then.

A visit to Dead Rising 2's Tape It Or Die blog yields two new screens showing the Zomboni mode, which looks suitably bloody, with arterial red splattered all over the ice. Looks like running down shambling zombies will be genuinely cool, in more ways than one.

'Terror is Reality' is a multiplayer mode for Dead Rising 2 that includes numerous online challenges for up to four-players.

Dead Rising 2 is due for release on September 28th in the US and October 1st in the UK and Europe.

med_dr-zomboni1_1280x719.jpg

med_dr-zomboni2_1280x719.jpg

Dead Rising 2 Pre-Order Folks Get Real-Life Combo Cards
Written Tuesday, July 13, 2010 By Dan Webb

I hate the terminology "real-life," but when games are involved, it's hard for me to separate actual real-life goodies from its in-game counterparts without using words like tangible or physical... and if I use that, I just sound pompous and pretentious.

So yeah, according to Andriasang, if you pre-order Dead Rising 2, Capcom are rewarding you with one of two pre-order goodies:

•The "Paradise Pack (Psycho)" which judging by an accompanying screenshot, is an outfit that includes a huge fire-axe, face-mask, butcher's apron and some meaty gauntlets. In other words, proper psycho! If you don't pre-order, the Psycho Pack will be available for purchase at a later date.
•3 random Combo Cards - actual physical, tangible, real-life products (d'oh) - that are not only nifty collectibles, but you can exchange them for the in-game combo card. What's a combo card you ask? Well, combo cards can be found around the world in-game and will allow you to create combo weapons from two individual weapons. Incidentally, there are 31 real-life cards to collect.
No word on regions yet, although it doesn't sound like the thing they'd limit to any specific region... You know, like a Special Edition. Andriasang are a Japanese site (English speaking though), so we'll update if/when we hear more about that.

2132419723.jpg

Dead Rising 2 Zombrex Edition

Exclusive for North America, we're very happy to announce the Dead Rising 2 Zombrex edition which will be available on day one of launch on September 28, 2010! Xbox 360 and PS3 owners can get the Zombrex Edition for $79.99.

Enclosed in a two-disc Steelbook case with its own special pack front, the Dead Rising 2—Zombrex Edition will include cool collectible items and content that will dig deep into the Dead Rising 2 experience.

Hit the jump for full details!

Available for both the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360, there are some variations between the two editions. For the full list of content, see below:

PS3 Dead Rising 2 – Zombrex Edition
- Exclusive Two-Disc Steelbook case includes:
- Dead Rising 2 game disc
- Blu-Ray Disc featuring a High-Definition 24 minute “Making of” featurette
- Complete box contents include:
- Steelbook case (described above)
- Zombrex “Syringe” pen
- Zombrex “Prescription” notepad (25 pages)
- Zombrex “Safety” card
- Zombrex “Prospectus” Sales Brochure (16 pages).
- Dead Rising 2 Hardback Artbook (48 pages)
- Voucher for XMB Dynamic Theme

X360 Dead Rising 2 – Zombrex Edition
- Exclusive Two-Disc Steelbook case includes:
- Dead Rising 2 game disc
- High-Definition game disc with 83 Minute “Zombrex Dead Rising Sun” motion picture and 24 minute “Making of” featurette
- Complete box contents include:
- Steelbook case (described above)
- Zombrex “Syringe” pen
- Zombrex “Prescription” notepad (25 pages)
- Zombrex “Safety” card
- Zombrex “Prospectus” Sales Brochure (16 pages).
- Dead Rising 2 Hardback Artbook (48 pages)

d36998309ca033bafd38c59.jpg

oh i love stirring up great conversation :lol

game wise though...

i probably won't be picking this up tbh (yes nicky, i know you're infatuated with the first), but it bored me quickly :(

I want it but too much other stuff coming out at the same time as this.

With that said as it gets closer to coming out I know damn well I will more than likely pick it up.:lol

Back