DCD: 13" Kingdom Come Superman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My LCS has it listed for tomorrow as well...we'll see. I plan to stop by & see whats up.

DCD still has it for next week.

It's on the Diamond shipping list, Midtown Comics list; and best of all my DCBService order for it shows: "item filled".
Looks like a sure thing to me :D

I stopped by my LCS; it is out tomorrow, I saw it, I opened up the package & at first glance, it looks pretty darn good. The face sculpt is good, the suit is tight, the boots (from what I could tell in the box) are molded, not zipped in the back. It looks to have 2 extra pair of hands as well. This will probably turn out to be one of the best figures they've done so far.
Now I have to wait for AEC to ship mine out... :impatient: :gah: :D

If this is actually out tomorrow I'm surprised we haven't seen any in-hand eBay pics from comic book store dealers....

My LCS has him so I will likely be getting him today if he looks as cool in-hand as he does in the promo pics.

I'm gonna have to check this out tomorrow. One thing holding me back is the scale...all my 13" DCD stuff is boxed up, and I don't think it will fit in well with my HT stuff.

I don't know why lots of people have a problem with the size of these figures.
I always figured Super Heroes should be larger.
I mean, Superman has never been portrayed as a 6' guy, has he? So why should the figure be 12"? I kinda like the "larger-than-life" approach of this line, especially for characters like Superman, Batman, Green Lantern etc.

But if all these super heroes were 6' 7" tall or so, that would kind of put a crimp in the whole secret identity thing, wouldn't it? ;)

I don't know why lots of people have a problem with the size of these figures.
I always figured Super Heroes should be larger.
I mean, Superman has never been portrayed as a 6' guy, has he? So why should the figure be 12"? I kinda like the "larger-than-life" approach of this line, especially for characters like Superman, Batman, Green Lantern etc.

Well, if it's posed next to my Hot Toys Superman and Batman stuff, and is a good inch taller and quite a bit more bulky in all other areas, it would look a little odd to me. If I pose it off by itself, it's not really an issue, but shelf space is at a premium and I keep all my DC/Superhero stuff together.

But if all these super heroes were 6' 7" tall or so, that would kind of put a crimp in the whole secret identity thing, wouldn't it? ;)

Well, they could all be ex-football players...

Well, if it's posed next to my Hot Toys Superman and Batman stuff, and is a good inch taller and quite a bit more bulky in all other areas, it would look a little odd to me. If I pose it off by itself, it's not really an issue, but shelf space is at a premium and I keep all my DC/Superhero stuff together.

DCD's and HT's figures are so different I don't see how any sense of uniformity could be achieved, even if they were the same height...

But hey, I'm just saying... doesn't bother me. :D

worthless_thread_without_pics.gif

First impressions:

Headsculpt / paint are excellent. Has a painterly quality that suits the Alex Ross reference art.
Body looks good in the standard "at attention" pose. VERY LITTLE you can do to get any natural posing otherwise. Arms do not go down to sides. Ankles have zero motion. Head turns left and right and that's it.
Costume looks good, zipper doesn't close all the way up the back (could just be mine). Mine also has a small tear on the back upper leg, so I will be getting a replacement.
I DO like the figure, and I look forward to the matching Batman, but he is a whole different ballgame than what we are used to in terms of articulation (unless you have a bunch of these DCD guys).
I don't have a bunch of time for pics tonight but here's one.
DSCN5683.jpg

Thanks for the pic. I expected the limited articulation from what I've heard about the DCD bodies. I don't expect Hot Toys TT quality from these bodies. The costume looks good & I like the placement of the cape around the collar. Really, the only nitpick I have is the color of the eyes...they kind of look "siberian husky" blue, and the lips look a tad glossy. Other than that, with realistic expectations, I think it looks pretty good.

Thanks for the pic. I expected the limited articulation from what I've heard about the DCD bodies. I don't expect Hot Toys TT quality from these bodies. The costume looks good & I like the placement of the cape around the collar. Really, the only nitpick I have is the color of the eyes...they kind of look "siberian husky" blue, and the lips look a tad glossy. Other than that, with realistic expectations, I think it looks pretty good.

I actually like the eyes, they really pop. His lips are a bit glossier than necessary but they're a good color, which I think is more important. I love the sculpt of the neck and way the costume fits it. The costume does feel a little light and cheap for this price point, but again I'm not complaining. For what he's going to do, stand on my shelf and eventually bookend Batman, I love how he looks.

Back