DCD: 13" Kingdom Come Superman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I find that one of the poses he had for it (leaning forward arms back) looked pretty cool and diminished the absurdity of the cape. The cape is too thick and too narrow to get some good Batman cloak poses in it. Plus, I never liked that the right point of his cowl is crooked, a molding defect.

Is DCD making a CR Superman? or are you talking about the Mattel version?

as for this I think the main difference (that I see at least) is the new neck and collar bone area. other than that, the rest looks pretty much the same

Ah, you're right, that's Mattel!
Too bad.

Are there any reasonable options to change the DCD body?
The body they use really does look like crap, not because of the sculpt, but because of the silly cut joints.

EDIT: Just won the grey and black Batman on ebay, suppose I'll find out soon enough just how crap those bodies are. Has anybody done any customizing to these figures? I find it odd that there is so little info on them. They look pretty cool and easy to enhance in the hands of a talented customizer.

Didn't some switch Superman over to a HT Chris Redfield or T-800 body? I am going to try using a Perseus myself.

Yeah, but Ah-nuld's body does seem to be larger than the usual TT. But I think you'd also need to get the longer foot-pegs.

These guys are 13" tall so I'm not sure how bad the outfits are gonna look on HT bodies... I know there's no way I'd try to get my Supe's outfit on a TT.

Yeah, but Ah-nuld's body does seem to be larger than the usual TT. But I think you'd also need to get the longer foot-pegs.

I think it would only be some minor modifications to the length of the jumpsuits. The long pegs are probably a good idea as well. I know when I switched the DCD Harley Quinn to a Triad Otaku the pant legs were too long, but I was able to hide that in her boots.

It's not horrible, but to me the biggest drawback to it is the use of cut joints, which IMHO shouldn't be on a 12" (or in this case, 13") base body:

IMG_0651.jpg

...which makes it a bit ugly when it's clothed with a tight spandex body, as you tend to be able to see them. Also, the wrist pegs are a little too short.

If it weren't for those issues, and the 13" height, it would actually be a pretty darn good base body.

Look at page 16 for karnis' photo using the t800 and his modfications to the suit.

So the headless Superman on the right is on a T-800 body?
Looks pretty good!
I'd be all over that customization if the T-800 body weren't so expensive!

That's actually my photo. The T-800 body fits well in the DCD costumes, it would only need minor mods. The boots are the main thing that would need to be changed (plus I used the normal TT pegs and not the long ones, the body looks better with the long T-800 pegs).

Here's a better pic:

IMG_0702.jpg

Sorry about the mix up sameulJD. I knew you originally posted it in another thread but couldn't remember the title so I wasn't sure who made the mod.

Although the suit looks good on the t800 body, I think the S crest is too big. Have you had the chance to paint up the head yet, Samueljd?

Actually, I picked up the T-800 body at Toy Anxiety for about 60+ bucks. There's going to be a second release of the T-800 figure, so there will be more bodies available soon. I don't think it's a bad investment to make a great Supes custom.

Sorry about the mix up sameulJD. I knew you originally posted it in another thread but couldn't remember the title so I wasn't sure who made the mod.

Although the suit looks good on the t800 body, I think the S crest is too big. Have you had the chance to paint up the head yet, Samueljd?

I'm going to be painting the head soon and adding the curl. I've been working on a bunch of DC customs, so I'll have a ton of surprises to show everybody soon. I know the S crest look huge, it looks huge on the DCD figure too. I'm planning on using the KC Supes suit on the T-800, which I think will work out better (I just wanted an example of a suit to put on my T-800 body for now).

Back