DCD: 13" Kingdom Come Superman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good. Even on Ross' illustrations the changes to the body was minimal: collar, neck, a little wider on the lats. I had hoped that the changes they made was in the bicep cut. I mean really the only parts they needed to change was the biceps and deltoid area. Two pieces smaller than a whole chest and it would have greatly changed the aesthetic of this whole line. DC is :cuckoo:

I actually think this figure looks horrible.
The arms and legs are to clunky thx to the joints and the face is way to shiny.
And over that comes that the suit absolutly not fits the body.
I thought about getting one...but that´s a full pass.
What a pity, so much potential, so little the final product...

What? Nobody else posting pics?
Where's the Superman love when you need it?!

It seems only a few retailers got a limited amount of figures in last week. Hopefully more will be available next week. For example, JK120 said he is getting his from AEC on Monday, but I have not gotten a shipping notice yet, and they still have it listed on PO. BBTS has it in stock, but other online retailers still have it on PO.

Mine should be here on Wednesday. Apparently they tied it to a pony and headed it west

If I can nabbed the last three DCD 13" inchers at that price I'll be happy.

Picked up one of these on Ebay just over $60, and ordered one from my LCS for retail. Yeah, the retail $100 price is high, but I felt an obligation to help support my local store. It's Lobo Anime & Comics in Albuquerque, and the owner goes above and beyond to find things for customers, always has a good selection of used and new DC direct, and Marvel Legends to flesh out collections, and he's ordered stuff for me, or found things for me at conventions knowing it would be something I'm looking for. They do a lot of things to help ya there, so I wanted to show loyalty.

Anyways, the plan for the second figure is to try and covert it for a Justice Alex Ross Superman. We get the Ross Batman around Christmas, and even though DC Direct would sell a lot of figures if they released a line of Kingdom Come, and Justice style figures, I don't see them smart enough to do that.

So I've been trying to think of the best way to convert the KC Superman to the Ross Justice. The Original Superman with Clark Kent costume has a good sized chest logo to fit the Ross size, but it doesn't have the open neckline as the KC Superman.

Other than the easy cosmetic of painting the hair black on the figure, how would you guys go about the conversion?. I've already got a gold belt, but what to do about the "S" chest symbol? Would the uniform take painting a new logo over the KC S? Maybe cut from old figure uniform and stitch over KC S?

Looking forward to the ideas.

Picked up one of these on Ebay just over $60, and ordered one from my LCS for retail. Yeah, the retail $100 price is high, but I felt an obligation to help support my local store. It's Lobo Anime & Comics in Albuquerque, and the owner goes above and beyond to find things for customers, always has a good selection of used and new DC direct, and Marvel Legends to flesh out collections, and he's ordered stuff for me, or found things for me at conventions knowing it would be something I'm looking for. They do a lot of things to help ya there, so I wanted to show loyalty.

Anyways, the plan for the second figure is to try and covert it for a Justice Alex Ross Superman. We get the Ross Batman around Christmas, and even though DC Direct would sell a lot of figures if they released a line of Kingdom Come, and Justice style figures, I don't see them smart enough to do that.

So I've been trying to think of the best way to convert the KC Superman to the Ross Justice. The Original Superman with Clark Kent costume has a good sized chest logo to fit the Ross size, but it doesn't have the open neckline as the KC Superman.

Other than the easy cosmetic of painting the hair black on the figure, how would you guys go about the conversion?. I've already got a gold belt, but what to do about the "S" chest symbol? Would the uniform take painting a new logo over the KC S? Maybe cut from old figure uniform and stitch over KC S?

Looking forward to the ideas.

I've thought about doing this as well, & considered buying one of the older Superman releases & switching costumes. That would probably be the cleanest & easiest way to do it...but somewhat expensive as well. I want to see what the story is with the KC figure boots, how well they would come off, before I proceed forward. Chances are I'll probably leave well enough alone. :dunno :wink1:

It seems only a few retailers got a limited amount of figures in last week. Hopefully more will be available next week. For example, JK120 said he is getting his from AEC on Monday, but I have not gotten a shipping notice yet, and they still have it listed on PO. BBTS has it in stock, but other online retailers still have it on PO.

My BBTS order shipped today! :rock

This will be my first (and likely only) DCD 13" figure. Ross' interpretation of Supes is one of my favorites.

Of course, still waiting for the HT Reeves Superman :monkey3

Just got this figure in today.. besides the cut neck joint and the ugly cut biceps and thighs.. it's not a bad figure. I'm gonna keep it :D

Believe or not.. this is my first superman 1/6 figure since kenner's 12 inch line.. now thats going way back!

For those thinking of removing his boots. Just to let you know the ankle on these things are horribly weak. Removing the cloth boots, I have broken two ankles on two different figures and that is taking extra care on the second attempt. Fore warned.

Back