DCD: 13" Kingdom Come Superman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what the change in the body is. Did they just give the body less muscle definition?

Well you can see at least the neck and hand have that old guy look to them. Which is what I find to be impressive about this. I hope the final paint holds up.

I wonder if this is one of Andy's?

Really kinda diggin this one. Definitely looks a bit more realistically proportioned than their usual figures do. If the headsculpt/paint apps remain that nice through production I may have to pick this one up.
icon14.gif

That looks like a bad photochop.

I'd be all over it if he was true 1/6.

The fact these haven't been true 1:6 scale has prevented me from getting any of them so far. Even really nice looking ones like Sinestro. I could accept him being so big being an alien and all, but then I'd need a GL to go with him and there is no way Hal is that big.

I picked up the Batmen and they work on their own but there's not a day that goes by that I don't wish they fit with everything else. Were they in true 1/6 I'd of bought a crapload of them! I'm hoping this guy is at least a little shorter than the average DCD.

Really kinda diggin this one. Definitely looks a bit more realistically proportioned than their usual figures do.
I've got the "comic" Superman, and the body proportions is my main issue with him (not that I necessarily want him "realistically" proportioned, but differently proportioned, for sure). If the body just "filled out" a little better (including having a bigger neck) that could have been a really amazing figure.

I think Batman works pretty well, but it is probably due to not being able to really see his neck or wrists.

I love the neck sculpting! :rock I hope this continues and I'm beyond psyched for this, can you imagine a 13" Batman from Kingdom Come?

The only thing that worries me is this:

Limited Edition. Manufactured to order

Looks like I might have to pay full retail on one of these.

I saw that too. I'll probably pre-order through BigBad then if he turns out lookin like crap I can cancel.

I love the neck sculpting! :rock I hope this continues and I'm beyond psyched for this, can you imagine a 13" Batman from Kingdom Come?

The only thing that worries me is this:

Looks like I might have to pay full retail on one of these.

They all are solicited that way so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I'm a big fan of Kingdom Come, but not a fan of the DCD 13" figures.

However, I might have to make an exception for this one! :D

They are all solicited "Manufactured to Order" but they don't say "Limited Edition" which has me worried.

Does DC Direct have this already in their website? I only saw it in Cool Toy Review.

Looks nasty and probably worth the DCD price, but if they jack up the price to Hot Toys range, I'd pass.

The fact these haven't been true 1:6 scale has prevented me from getting any of them so far. Even really nice looking ones like Sinestro. I could accept him being so big being an alien and all, but then I'd need a GL to go with him and there is no way Hal is that big.

My thoughts exactly.

I bought the "modern" Batman and Two Face but I ended up selling them.

I think DCD would sell more if they were the same scale as other 1:6 figures.

Back