DC Universe Online

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it's not just me then... I can't even tell what the ____ is going on. The story opens where Brainiac takes over the world, then Lex goes back in time to warn the Justice League. Gameplay opens on a Brainiac ship, and when you escape, there are Brainiac ships everywhere.

The missions don't seem to correlate with the story either. The villain missions involve beating up cops and rescuing hencmen from police, while the hero missions are about Gorilla Grodd chasing people around on a beach.

I just figured (hoped) that this is just to test some of the programming and servers, and that the final game will be very different. If not... :monkey4

I thought the same thing. I was walking around Gotham and suddenly The Flash comes out of nowhere and kills me for no reason. I was like "I thought we were on the same side?!?!".

I don't get why I am killing cops and everything when we are trying to stop an alien invasion. :gah:

The game is pretty fun for the 30 seconds I'm able to get through. This beta is sooo bugged! I can't get through the first few seconds of the game because it freezes up my whole ps3, forcing me to restart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0LYJt6ivLg&feature=feedu

Video from an awesome pvp fight in DC online. Note the person who got bashed with a taxi around the 9:20 mark.

Was much more impressed by the fight here at 2:30

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/AosIHUrp5FU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/AosIHUrp5FU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

so is this game better to play on the ps3 or the pc. i used to play wow and i'm curious to see how this game stacks up.

Having played previous SOE MMO's (Galaxies for 6 years) i'm used to how they can have "bad" launches...

I'm getting my copy on EU release day (14th), looking forward to it...

I'm expecting bugs up the backside (very uncomfortable) and alot of people running around shouting "duel me" even if it isnt a function...and for people to yell "noob" alot, as is the curse of MMO's today...

But i'll give it a few months...wait to see what Bioware pull out thier collective backsides with TOR (again, uncomfortable place to be hiding a game) and see what 2011 brings for the MMO croud...

Plus side...End of 2011 we get Arkham City and Mass Effect 3...so the year might not be a total loss...

I missed the beta, but I just got the game, I wanna try to support any superhero mmorpg games as much as possible, still playing City of Heroes and prolly will go back to Champions Online when it becomes free play.

do you have to pay for online multiplayer on the PS3?

One thing I will point out is that the game does come with a 30 day subscription factored into the $59.99 price tag. Now, I don't know about you guys, but there are very few games that I buy for %59.99 that contain a months worth of content. Meaning, even if you cancel the game after the first month, you've gotten more for your money then most regular games.....

One thing I will point out is that the game does come with a 30 day subscription factored into the $59.99 price tag. Now, I don't know about you guys, but there are very few games that I buy for %59.99 that contain a months worth of content. Meaning, even if you cancel the game after the first month, you've gotten more for your money then most regular games.....

:slap I can go back and play any game in my library any time I want for free. If I wanted to play DC Universe Online, I'd have to pay $15. That's hardly a great deal.

So what you're really saying is that for $44.99 you get a brand new game that can only be played for 1 MONTH? Where-as any other game you pay $59.99 and can play it for the life of your console any time you wish.

How you figured that you're getting a "deal" with DCU online is beyond me. :lol

This game costs money to play online?? :slap

Is it as bad as it looks? The story looks a bit dumb and the graphics look like a PS2 game.

Back