DC Universe Online

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
beta is free to all playstation plus members via store

Beta Trial will require approximately 15GB of free Hard Disk Drive (HDD) space, and can take an average of 3-4 hours to download, or potentially longer depending on your broadband internet connection

woah...2hr download on a 50MB connection

Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of people complaining about it being a long download, so I e-mailed the wife and had her download for me so it's ready when I get home.

She e-mailed back and said it took about 3 minutes. I replied that doesn't sound right and asked her to launch the game, she said it downloaded again for about 2 minutes after launch and then was ready to go... weird.

Downloading and installing *anything* on the PS3 is usually a long and torturous process for me, so I dunno what's going on. Region thing, maybe?

Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of people complaining about it being a long download, so I e-mailed the wife and had her download for me so it's ready when I get home.

She e-mailed back and said it took about 3 minutes. I replied that doesn't sound right and asked her to launch the game, she said it downloaded again for about 2 minutes after launch and then was ready to go... weird.

Downloading and installing *anything* on the PS3 is usually a long and torturous process for me, so I dunno what's going on. Region thing, maybe?

2 mins to download 128mb file...launch that files and it downloads 15gb of game assets

img0446aj.jpg

2 mins to download 128mb file...launch that files and it downloads 15gb of game assets

Hmmm... She must've done something wrong, 'cause we have a 12mb/s connection. I'll bet she just installed the 128 MB file and thought the progress bar for the installation was the second download.... :slap

Damm I cant sign up since i am out country.

Nevermind , connect to corporate VPN and hey look I am in the US and I can get beta code LOL

Last edited:
So far it has been an awesome game! It plays really well on the PC with minimal bugs/glitches. The PS3 version on the other hand still needs a lot of work. It has been freezing up about every 20 mins for me. Once they get it patched though, it will be an amazing game! I love the random encounters. For example, I was flying around downtown metropolis playing as a hero and I see a figure perched on a roof top. I get closer and its Deadshot! I attack him, he shoots me a couple of times and poof! Disappears. I also ran into Batman while playing as a villain while climbing rooftops in Gotham. He beat the hell out of me and disappeared into the night!

You dont have a Gamespot account?

Shoot me your info and I will sign you up.

I have one but it checks based on the IP address where you are , I got around it, I just connected to work vpn so it looks like I am in US

Seems like they still have a lot of bugs to work out on this one. I got stuck a couple times in after reading a question mark thingy. Also, my score doesn't always get updated when a mission requirement gets met (ie: blowing up a de-evolution thingy nets 0 to my total).

And I cant for the life of me get the mic to work. Is voice chat disabled for the beta?

I downloaded this over the weekend. I played past the tutorial and entered the city. It was neat for about 5 minutes then I lost complete interest. :(

Plus I saw they put Catwoman in 2 different locations which really turned me off. Definitely not fun enough if you aren't REALLY interested in DC.

I downloaded this over the weekend. I played past the tutorial and entered the city. It was neat for about 5 minutes then I lost complete interest. :(

So it's not just me then... I can't even tell what the ____ is going on. The story opens where Brainiac takes over the world, then Lex goes back in time to warn the Justice League. Gameplay opens on a Brainiac ship, and when you escape, there are Brainiac ships everywhere.

The missions don't seem to correlate with the story either. The villain missions involve beating up cops and rescuing hencmen from police, while the hero missions are about Gorilla Grodd chasing people around on a beach.

I just figured (hoped) that this is just to test some of the programming and servers, and that the final game will be very different. If not... :monkey4

Back