DC Joker Movie (Non-DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be fair, Thanos is a giant alien, who has to be realised through CGI/motion capture and voice acting. Brolin did an amazing job with both. I'm not sure how much a different actor's approach would noticeably change that, and definitely not for the better.

This was supposed to be a critically acclaimed artsy fartsy film. They were even using the good reviews on the marketing. :lol

Oops lol

Lol Thanos who? Kidding aside he was pretty boring and the same as every other villain. I mean is anyone ever thinking ?oh I would love to see this actors interpretation , or this directors vision of thanos? no not at all. I can think of ten more people I would pay to see play Joker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I think of how difficult it was to bring Thanos to the screen for not only the actor but all the motion capture artist I also think of just how absolutely absurd your comment is lol

The craftsmanship required to bring Thanos to the screen is no less impressive than what Ledger and Phoenix pulled off.

Just sounded like brolin talking to me. Not much more impressive than the avatar stuff from years ago. Lol brolin impressed me more in inherent vice than the avengers 3 [emoji33]

Just sounded like brolin talking to me. Not much more impressive than the avatar stuff from years ago. Lol brolin impressed me more in inherent vice than the avengers 3 [emoji33]

I think Brolin did a nice job with Thanos' voice. I think the CGI work bringing the character to life and having me never think about the fact that it's 100% CGI is pretty impressive.

Just got back from it.

Pretty awesome.

Probably the best movie DC has put out in a long time.

Felt like a movie with set dressings of comic book flair.

I def enjoyed it.

There was ambiguity in the film, which I liked because obviously the Joker is made for that, but there was also some spots I felt like could have used a bit more.

Cinematography was great, although there was a shot where he was center frame on the back of a bus by himself that looked super awkward and really clashed with every other shot in the film.

Performances were great.

Sounds design and score also very well done.

All in all, I?d say a solid film. I?d rate it higher than average compared to most other ?comic book? movies.

This movie is an instant classic. It didn?t have to pander to canon to be great. Hopefully Hot Toys soon.

I can completely see why this film is getting sjw hate but damn, everyone left the theater somber and shocked at we just saw, the world is not ready for this!! 10/10, joaquin delivered more than I imagined, and yes the cinematography was ON POINT!!! It captured a different nitty and gritty of gotham never seen on film before...

Saw it and enjoyed it.

I wish I had not just watched King of Comedy for the first time a few months ago.... this film was a bit too much like that one.

Still good though.

Holy ****! I haven’t seen a movie hard as this since bad lieutenant.its basically the modern day taxi driver. Can’t believe with all the SJW garbage going around that an actual quality film came out. It’s unreal. This movie did things that you can’t see coming. It’s insane

Great film. A very dark character study definitely has a Taxi Driver /Kings of Comedy vibe to it, but not rip off of those films A comic book film for adults. :clap

Saw the film last night and I will say there are many scenes in the movie that do go very dark but in a tasteful and necessary way, the story would not be able to go forward without some of those key moments.

I can completely see why this film is getting sjw hate but damn, everyone left the theater somber and shocked at we just saw, the world is not ready for this!! 10/10, joaquin delivered more than I imagined, and yes the cinematography was ON POINT!!! It captured a different nitty and gritty of gotham never seen on film before...

Holy ****! I haven’t seen a movie hard as this since bad lieutenant.its basically the modern day taxi driver. Can’t believe with all the SJW garbage going around that an actual quality film came out. It’s unreal. This movie did things that you can’t see coming. It’s insane

Hmmmm I must see too many movies... I did not see where the film was all that hard core.

Personally I think its a tad overrated by many here but that is just my personal taste and its great that people love it.

For me the final 5 min saved the movie. Had it ended right when we saw all the TV screens (like I thought it might) I actually would have left the film kinda pissed. But the final 5 to 10 min really helped this film for me. The saying "A film is only as good as its ending" really stood true for me here.

Trailers showed way to much also :(

Hmmmm I must see too many movies... I did not see where the film was all that hard core.

Personally I think its a tad overrated by many here but that is just my personal taste and its great that people love it.

For me the final 5 min saved the movie. Had it ended right when we saw all the TV screens (like I thought it might) I actually would have left the film kinda pissed. But the final 5 to 10 min really helped this film for me. The saying "A film is only as good as its ending" really stood true for me here.

Trailers showed way to much also :(

In a world were hollywood plays it super safe, I feel this film took itms gloves and told them to screw off, i feel that some scenes made people uncomfortable more than the shock value IT Chapter 2 was trying to convey and that says something.

I want to call it modern day taxi driver but this film is too good on its own i feel

In a world were hollywood plays it super safe, I feel this film took itms gloves and told them to screw off, i feel that some scenes made people uncomfortable more than the shock value IT Chapter 2 was trying to convey and that says something.

That's a good point.. If I look at this film from a Studio / Theatrical release then yeah.. It did not play it safe and was more hard core then most for sure.
[SUB][/SUB]
I want to call it modern day taxi driver but this film is too good on its own i feel

I thought it was more King of Comedy then Taxi Driver... A bit too much like King of Comedy actually.

Back