DC Joker Movie (Non-DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they want some ratings, they better nominate the film. It really deserves it for cinematography, score, acting and directing.

Most famous scene of the year. Most recreated too.

YMMMVbI.jpg

I don't know man, people have been having quite the field day with the portals opening in EG, lol.

Mjlonir too, lol:

https://vimeo.com/364843838

Khev choose now!

Cap?s arc in EG > Joker hallucinations

Cap standing up alone to Thanos ready to die > Joker standing up to F Murray

Cap wielding mjolnir > Joker dancing on steps

ec2ddc9432b9c5f7dcbcf52c548ff89d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2nd best.

Cap?s arc in EG > Joker hallucinations

Cap standing up alone to Thanos ready to die > Joker standing up to F Murray

Cap wielding mjolnir > Joker dancing on steps

I?m glad I saw this just so I can say hell no.

We all knew cap was gonna weird that thing and him going to the past just get some ass is not exactly cool. I?d hate to see him after a break up. Move on man. She?s old probably dated other dudes to.

Joker was a dark journey into the mind of one of the greatest villains ever in comics and how tragic life can be. How the world isn?t so cheery and hopeful but can be bleak and depressing.

Joker standing on the car while the music plays and he puts the blood smile on his face kills any scene in endgame.

The bathroom dance scene carries more emotion than any scene in endgame. Even starks death. Which we all knew would happen.

Endgame was good but it was just a fun entertaining movie that paled in comparison to infinity war. Big cgi fight at the end. If you seen lord of the rings you?ve seen them all.

Also if we are talking cultural impact then joker took over endgames fire by inspiring protesters to wear clown makeup and making steps in Brooklyn a tourist attraction.

So nah endgame is second best to joker. Doesn?t even come close to it

I don't know man, people have been having quite the field day with the portals opening in EG, lol.

Mjlonir too, lol:

https://vimeo.com/364843838

Nah. Maybe during the summer time but I?m seeing more joker memes. Unlike infinity war endgame doesn?t have that staying power. You barely see anyone y?all about it. It just pops up here and there.

People will take dancing selfies on those stairs as long as they exist.

Endgame was just a cartoon filmed in front of a green screen. Big difference.

New York is awesome for that stuff....last time I was there I was freaking out looking at Dana's apartment building from Ghostbusters, right across the street from where Louis bangs on the glass at the restaurant. And the church that the Marshmallow Man steps on.

I just wish I'd gone to the firehouse while I was at it.

As a film, I think Endgame has already been forgotten by the masses and only the hardcore nerds are ever going to revisit it.

As a film, I think Joker will have more longevity and may even be spoken of with the same tone of reverence as a movie like Fight Club.

But that scene...that IMAGE....Joker dancing down the steps? That's going into the annals of film iconography, I believe. That moment is going to outlast anything from Endgame by far.

Ehhh...a CGI moment versus a moment from a city that's representing a city that doesn't actually exist...who cares.

Both will hopefully be remembered.

Sorry a-dev in this either/or world we now live in you must decide right now which popular scene that entertained millions will be remembered and which will be instantly forgotten, lol.

God forbid there be two memorable scenes in one year...

;)

And for the record I loved Joker and think it would be great if it cleaned up at the Oscars. It will only help the genre if it does. I just think it's fun to tease the diehard fans regardless. :D

Sorry a-dev in this either/or world we now live in you must decide right now which popular scene that entertained millions will be remembered and which will be instantly forgotten, lol.

God forbid there be two memorable scenes in one year...

;)

***t. OK, well let me get more sober tomorrow and make my decision. Right now I love everything except those damn Terminator sequels! I wanna make sure my toxicity credentials are intact for those!

S46LWYY.gif

Last edited:
In all seriousness, the stairs scene isn't even one of my favorite scenes at all. :lol It's ok, visually striking because....well, the location, the time of day it was shot, and the absurdity of a guy dressed in a bright red suit smoking and dancing, but the scene does very little for me. It's great for memes, posters, and still images tho. I much prefer the subway walk in slow motion, the blood smile, and the bathroom dance. But I get the appeal of the stairs. It reminiscent of scenes like singing in the rain.

What ironwez is forgetting is that EG is not just about EG.

EG is about characters that started in 2008.

If you?re not connected and invested to the MCU by EG then that?s on you not EG.

So no EG is not forgettable because the MCU leading up to EG is not forgettable.

Marvel does apologize for using all of that cgi and blue screen though but the real cosmic and earth based superheroes and villains were not available for filming.

Lets see how long that minimal cgi approach in Joker lasts when Batman arrives on scene with his car and gadgets in this realistic gritty world.

Last edited:
What ironwez is forgetting is that EG is not just about EG.

EG is about characters that started in 2008.

If you?re not connected and invested to the MCU by EG then that?s on you not EG.

So no EG is not forgettable because the MCU leading up to EG is not forgettable.

Marvel does apologize for using all of that cgi and blue screen though but the real cosmic and earth based superheroes and villains were not available for filming.

Lets see how long that minimal cgi approach in Joker lasts when Batman arrives on scene with his car and gadgets in this realistic gritty world.

Nah. Endgame doesn?t have that impact as infinity war. Joker is just a more iconic movie of 2019. Yea endgame had buildup but that doesn?t automatically make it a better movie. And people seem to agree seeing that it?s the first rated R movie to pass a billion without China.

In all seriousness, the stairs scene isn't even one of my favorite scenes at all. :lol It's ok, visually striking because....well, the location, the time of day it was shot, and the absurdity of a guy dressed in a bright red suit smoking and dancing, but the scene does very little for me. It's great for memes, posters, and still images tho. I much prefer the subway walk in slow motion, the blood smile, and the bathroom dance. But I get the appeal of the stairs. It reminiscent of scenes like singing in the rain.

I liked the bathroom dance better than the stair dance lol

Back