DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Those are nice, but unless they re release Killer Croc, Freeze, Ivy and Bane, I see no point for me to buy those new figures.
Why do they need to re-release those, did you not buy them when they came out?

..oh *******, I just looked them up on eBay. Wow, had no idea they're in such high demand. I regret not buying a second pack..then I'd be able to help out at least one collector and sell em for retail.

Exactly! There’s no need for DCC to re-release them.

I’m surprised at how many collectors are asking for a re-release of the GCPD set at the moment. I’m constantly seeing posts on here, The Fwoosh, Facebook, and Instagram from collectors asking for this set to be re-released.

I saw a few posts on The Fwoosh from collectors who said they’d waited to buy it in the hope it would go on clearance sale, and now they regret it as the set has sold out and goes for ludicrous prices on the aftermarket. But more fool them I say. I don’t mean to sound harsh, but that’s the price you pay for waiting.

For me it’s a no brainier - I love this line and I’ll get the figures the moment they come out. That’s why I’m a little surprised at the constant demand now from collectors, because surely if you’re a fan of this line, you’d want the figures asap and you’d buy them as soon as they become available?

I mean, am I missing something? We’re people so disgruntled at the price of the set that they were willing to wait for the price to drop before getting figures they really wanted?

I’m surprised at how many collectors are asking for a re-release of the GCPD set at the moment. I’m constantly seeing posts on here, The Fwoosh, Facebook, and Instagram from collectors asking for this set to be re-released.

I saw a few posts on The Fwoosh from collectors who said they’d waited to buy it in the hope it would go on clearance sale, and now they regret it as the set has sold out and goes for ludicrous prices on the aftermarket. But more fool them I say. I don’t mean to sound harsh, but that’s the price you pay for waiting.

For me it’s a no brainier - I love this line and I’ll get the figures the moment they come out. That’s why I’m a little surprised at the constant demand now from collectors, because surely if you’re a fan of this line, you’d want the figures asap and you’d buy them as soon as they become available?

I mean, am I missing something? We’re people so disgruntled at the price of the set that they were willing to wait for the price to drop before getting figures they really wanted?

Valid point, It's certainly a risk on the buyers part to wait, and after all if we want the line to succeed we need to be purchasing the products!

In my case however, as much as I'd love to have all of these figures, I rarely have the money to spend!
As a student with little income, I haven't been able to purchase the batmobile, the batwing or any of the larger collectables that I'd like. Sometimes I just need to put certain things on hold for a while and hope that they are still around at a fair price when I have the time and money to get them. (not to mention the prices for DCC stuff in Australia is CRAZY expensive, and sometimes difficult to find in the first place)

Another thing to consider is new collectors, the line has been around for a few years now which is great, but if you weren't aware of it till now, jumping in at this point is difficult. And considering how long of a wait between these new reveals and the last wave, I expect there will be a lot of new people discovering the line over the next year.

Not everyone has the money to buy such a set, no matter how big a fan or how much they want the figures. Not everyone wants all of the characters. When a new wave of individual packed figures are released, I rarely get them all at once. Kids gotta eat.
I thought there was an interview, before this set was released, saying that the characters (minus Montoya) would still be released individually. Maybe I’m mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that I'd ever use it, but you'd think they'd include the 1st appearance Scarcrow head with the figure..for the people that like the Q-Tip head look. Definitely most excited for this figure. Plus, I wonder if we'll get a non-damaged HARDAC Batman head with the red eyes.

Yes, that's why I'm totally perplexed with how many collectors didn't buy the set..it's not like it was hard to come by at retail price. They didn't pull a NECA TMNT 'sold out in 3 seconds online' thing with them lol. Unless most of these people started collecting the line after that set came out; which is a bit odd to me since at that point they've been going on for a while. Like I'd imagine that most of the people buying these grew up with the show, so they would have known about the line from day one.
Not everyone has the money to buy such a set, no matter how big a fan or how much they want the figures. Not everyone wants all of the characters. When a new wave of individual packed figures are released, I rarely get them all at once. Kids gotta eat.
Tis true. I mean they do give us a whole lot of time to get our funds in order..but life does happen. What I hate are the Marvel Legends BAFs. I generally only want 2 from a wave, but have to buy the other junky ones to get all the pieces. Of course I can try to sell off the useless ones on eBay or buy the BAF parts I need..but you still end up paying a hell of a lot for just one figure.

Not that I'd ever use it, but you'd think they'd include the 1st appearance Scarcrow head with the figure..for the people that like the Q-Tip head look. Definitely most excited for this figure. Plus, I wonder if we'll get a non-damaged HARDAC Batman head with the red eyes.

Agreed on both accounts. I was surprised neither were included. For HARDAC Batman I assumed they would go "POTF II Jawa". Oh well, in case of HARDAC, we can just repaint a regular Batman heads.

Slightly off-topic, is there a visual overview of all the HeroClix Batman: TAS collection?

Last edited:

I'm still missing figures (including Batman :lol) in the collection, but I wanted to share some pics of the poses I've got set up...

xq9unm.jpg
1zqr6tx.jpg
15p36eb.jpg
21eszs2.jpg
jv116t.jpg
a5et8y.jpg

That’s exactly what happened. Is it their fault? Absolutely, but DCC also set a precedent with this line where they were consistently available. I can still go into my shop and order figures from 2-3 years ago through Diamond. What’s more, they’ve re-released popular figures before (TNBA Batman and TAS Catwoman). Now, considering the ultimate goal is sales, and that they tooled 5 new figures to produce this set, I would absolutely say there’s a need for them to produce more, even if they don’t have to. This is a classic case of the grass not always being greener and it working out in DCC’s favor. When the set was announced, notice how all you could hear was “the box is stupid and a waste of money,” and “$175 for this is ridiculous.” Now, what do you hear? “They need to produce more of these sets because the prices are absurd.” No “they need to produce more of these things at a lower price,” just “they need to produce more.”

So, if the demand is there, and, if what you say about all kinds of people on Instagram, Facebook, and The Fwoosh asking for it is true, it is. Then, they could be selling these things at MSRP, which, with this line, is extremely rare and beneficial to their relationships with retailers (who typically do not make anywhere near that on this line, considering how long some of these sit on shelves). With that in mind, I would definitely say there is a need. I could understand someone being frustrated if this was some numbered limited edition and their revisiting it was, somehow, undermining the original release, but, a large part of why so many people didn’t buy it (this is more the case with me, at least, because I didn’t have too much of a problem with the box or the price) was because of the expectation that it would just be readily available like the rest of the line and there was never anything to give us the idea that there was some sense of urgency and that it wouldn’t be. No “limited edition” or “exclusive” proclamations. Just a box set solicited like all the others.

Now, they could let the secondary market make all the money, or they could cut in, produce more, and make the money themselves. One of the things that stood out to be when they first launched the DC Universe trailer/website was that, following the Justice League figures announcement was another “feature” of the shop which stated it was a place where you could find “rare and hard to find merchandise from DC and our licensing partners.” I think that wouldn’t be a bad idea, either. Get people on the hook for a month’s subscription in order to get the set. $8 bucks is a small price to pay as opposed to $500, and, if they like the service, you might have a repeat customer. That might not go over too well with international customers, but it’s a thought.

Good Lord the Rogues Gallery Box set sells for 400+

No, at the time I thought the set was a way for them to ask for more money because of the box and the cop figure, which I didn't want...and still don't want. Every other figure in the line was individually released, so I decided to wait for them to release them individually, after all they were all major characters, so why wouldn't they release them individually? They released The Creeper and that chick with the rocket, but not 4 main characters from BTA? Weird. If they don't release them, no big deal. I just won't buy any of the latest figures or any that I'm still missing. No point, if 4 main villains from the show are missing. The collection was/is never going to be complete anyways, since Alfred was released with the batcave, and that's just too big of a set for me to buy. :)

Back