DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

BTW, I saw a lot of comments on Instagram about the new JL figures. I really cannot understand people who say Wonder Woman looks "fantastic" and "good". Really??? I cannot see any resemblance with Bruce Timm design... Do you guys think the same? View attachment 416065 C'mon.. To me is like DCC is not even trying it.

This is the proof it's possible to do way better than that crap, do you agree? xD
View attachment 416066View attachment 416067

I've always felt disappointed with the paintwork on the Mattel versions, both the small and big ones, especially with the Cleopatra eyes that I felt just took away from whatever "soft" beauty the Animated Wonder Woman had. The prototype looks like it's committing the same mistake, but going by the Lois Lane figure it looks like this is the standard.

Any news about Harley's expression pack? Pre-orders said July right? :impatient: Can't wait to get her!

Another thing to keep in mind is that DCC doesn't have to go through licensing approvals. That's another set of eyes that could be scrutinizing the sculpts, paint, etc.

Hi guys. My first time posting here. I've been collecting the BTAS line from DCC from the start and it would be really ****** on DCC's part if they don't give us the TAS Scarecrow and Two-Face! I noticed someone commented on this thread a few months back about a friend of theirs working at DCC and that we should expect to see some new BTAS at SDCC? Would be awesome if this happened! Still some other characters that would make cool sculpts like clock king, maxie zeus and Hugo strange

I have a nice little variant custom today and a fun Superman picture that I had to take at the end.
I made TNBA Joker as he appeared in World's Finest complete with the jade kryptonite dragon. His arms are from G&M Superman and his coat is Gordon's. I also gave him Bullock's hat and coat ties too.
c4d1506d32fb1a0671fc6a9b5cef8622.jpg
61d2f60c8edfa5eb0580efa8f2ebc6c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Love that Joker! Great custom CaptSpock! What color purple paint did you end up using for his trenchcoat and hat? I think I am going to replicate this recipe! I've started working on some TNBA customs as I am not hopeful that DCC will ever continue with those sadly. Thanks for sharing these!

I've started working on some TNBA customs as I am not hopeful that DCC will ever continue with those sadly

Looking forward to see your work, I love TNBA figs. And hope DCC can give us some more.

Nice Joker custom, CaptSpock

Thank you!

vasq0034- Would you believe that it's simply Anita's Acrylic Purple? I went through a bunch at Hobby Lobby with one of Joker's forearms to compare to and this one matched nearly perfectly. You can see that it does dry a little darker but the slight variation works for the figure. I can't wait to see what else you're working on!

nachobat- I love TNBA too, it's my favorite style/look between the two shows. I'm going to attempt basically every known main villain from the run. I think Wesker will be the hardest without a base head to work with, but I'm really excited to see them all together.

I have a nice little variant custom today and a fun Superman picture that I had to take at the end.
I made TNBA Joker as he appeared in World's Finest complete with the jade kryptonite dragon. His arms are from G&M Superman and his coat is Gordon's. I also gave him Bullock's hat and coat ties too.
c4d1506d32fb1a0671fc6a9b5cef8622.jpg
61d2f60c8edfa5eb0580efa8f2ebc6c8.jpg

Great work, CaptSpock!
A couple of questions:
-Where is that jade Kryptonite Dragon statue from?
-What does Bullock's head look like without the hat?
-What did you do to your Bullock figure? A Rupert Thorne? Or perhaps a henchman?

CaptSpock, TNBA is also my fav style/look! Looking forward to see your work too. Hatter and Calendar Girl are the two figs I want to see the most made by DCC or a customiser.

Freakazoid!-

I found the dragon on ebay but I had to paint it. Just search "dolllhouse miniature dragon" and you'll see that it was purple and gold. I painted it with Anita's Acrylic Fluorescent Green so I'm curious to get a black light on it eventually. Sidenote: it seriously took a good 10 coats of paint and dried much much darker.

Scroll down to the attachments for a shot of Bullock without the hat. You can see that I will indeed be turning him into a Rupert Thorne. Good guess! ; )

nachobat- Zelu made a great Calendar Girl last year, but here's mine now too. I made her from Lois' legs (trimmed the skirt), Talia's torso (modified) and zelu's brilliant idea of TNBA Ivy's head. I sculpted the hair and made her weapon from Creeper's pool cue and simple plastic bubble packaging. And then I threw in a Batman for her scale in the last shot.
Also, a helpful tip: I like to work on 4-5 figures at a time so that I can always be painting or sculpting on one while the previous one's paint can dry or sculpey can bake. Plus, you get the added bonus of finishing a "wave" of 4 within roughly the same week.
236aab22b811fefa2ee37144b1ba716c.jpg
55f66b30f3e9d2cc15139aadc62e3afe.jpg
c8e437e0edfeaa5cfab2ddb2804625f4.jpg

Oh, what a great custom, CaptSpock! I love your calendar girl!! I have an spare ivy, let's see if some day i can customise her. Zelu, can you please show me your calendar girl custom? Cheers!!

Freakazoid!-

I found the dragon on ebay but I had to paint it. Just search "dolllhouse miniature dragon" and you'll see that it was purple and gold. I painted it with Anita's Acrylic Fluorescent Green so I'm curious to get a black light on it eventually. Sidenote: it seriously took a good 10 coats of paint and dried much much darker.

Scroll down to the attachments for a shot of Bullock without the hat. You can see that I will indeed be turning him into a Rupert Thorne. Good guess! ; )

nachobat- Zelu made a great Calendar Girl last year, but here's mine now too. I made her from Lois' legs (trimmed the skirt), Talia's torso (modified) and zelu's brilliant idea of TNBA Ivy's head. I sculpted the hair and made her weapon from Creeper's pool cue and simple plastic bubble packaging. And then I threw in a Batman for her scale in the last shot.
Also, a helpful tip: I like to work on 4-5 figures at a time so that I can always be painting or sculpting on one while the previous one's paint can dry or sculpey can bake. Plus, you get the added bonus of finishing a "wave" of 4 within roughly the same week.

Nice one buddy! I'm still waiting patiently for SDCC with all the customs on standby ;) I have the same base ready for Rupert ;)

Can you buy those figures cheap around you? Also once you are done let me know about all the spare parts you have left - maybe I can use it for other projects ;)

@nachobat she was one of those project that was never finished :/ I will get back to it at some point!

Freakazoid!-

Great Calendar Girl CaptSpock! The scythe also looks fantastic! I finally ordered some more figures for fodder as a lot of them have started getting a bit pricier now. Excited to see how Rupert Thorn turns out also!

Zelu, I now remember your CG custom, great work!

Back