DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Hahah actually I'm just improving the same figure, well of them and I kept the 3rd one with no changes as i also like that take on Ivy (yes I have 3 of them thanks to eBay :p)

Damn 3 Ivy? xDDD
I bought a spare one too on eBay and the bidders killed me! I've spent 40$ for that! xD

Does anyone who owns these figures have any experience with removing a head that normally isn't removable? My Joker Expressions pack will be delivered soon, and I'd like to put one of the new head sculpts on my original Joker figure I got a few years ago...

Does anyone who owns these figures have any experience with removing a head that normally isn't removable? My Joker Expressions pack will be delivered soon, and I'd like to put one of the new head sculpts on my original Joker figure I got a few years ago...

Same here. I've heard that heating the heads with a hair dryer works to loosen up the fit enough to pop them off but I haven't tried it myself yet. I've had success with other figures by dipping their noggins into hot water for 10 or 20 seconds but I'm wondering what works best with these figures.

My Batcave arrives today. Finally caved and bought one, and plan on picking up the Joker expressions pack this week, too. That'll complete the line for me until Harley comes out, as I have everything else (except for the silver repaint Batmobile/Batsignal set).

I know I'm in the minority, but I really wish that Jokermobile was still on the schedule...

It's super easy man, just like MisterPL said, if you heat the figure with hair dryer the plastic get soft and the head pop off very easy, it doesn't break or warp, don't worry. It's just a double ball peg, look mine ;)

P_20180320_173741.jpg
P_20180320_173758.jpg
P_20180320_173835.jpg

Same here. I've heard that heating the heads with a hair dryer works to loosen up the fit enough to pop them off but I haven't tried it myself yet. I've had success with other figures by dipping their noggins into hot water for 10 or 20 seconds but I'm wondering what works best with these figures.

It's super easy man, just like MisterPL said, if you heat the figure with hair dryer the plastic get soft and the head pop off very easy, it doesn't break or warp, don't worry. It's just a double ball peg, look mine ;)

Thanks for the responses! I will definitely plan to use my wife's hair dryer on my OG Joker once the Expressions pack comes in next week!

Anytime you're heating up your figures, the main thing is to remember to just go slow, constantly move the heat around, and try often. You want to heat it up as little as you need to, to do whatever it is you're going for.

I use the space heater for my customs and it doesn't take long at all. You can pop shoulders or elbows out that way too.
Regarding the head, if you apply a little bit of heat, you'll get the head to pop off without the ball. If you apply it for longer, you'll get the head with the ball as was shown.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

That's all correct but there is one thing a bit odd with the Joker's expression pack... the peg hole is smaller to the original one so you can't actually swap the heads without a little mod. I suggest using a bit of blue tac to hold the new head but you can also make the hole a bit bigger if you want.

That's all correct but there is one thing a bit odd with the Joker's expression pack... the peg hole is smaller to the original one so you can't actually swap the heads without a little mod. I suggest using a bit of blue tac to hold the new head but you can also make the hole a bit bigger if you want.

thanks for the info! I have tons of Jokers ready and now I just need some Pattafix! (dunno if have the same name in other country) xDDD
But, if we don't wanna use the ballpeg we can actually just "pose" the head on the neck? I've tried with the regular one and with just a bit of pressure it holds very thigt. Is a good solution if doesn't need the articulation I guess ;)

89b2833c-6606-448a-9778-680ca8a0506d.jpg

Scarecrow from Eaglemoss will be released on next may. It'll be about 5.2 inches (13 centimeter)..do you think could be good displaying it near the dc collectibles figures? Meantime that Dc is decided to produce it.... :mad:

Yeah. If he was 5.2 inches without the stand...he'd still be too short, but it'd probably be passable enough as a stand-in.

To be honest, beggars can't be chosers. It's looking it'll be something like this or nothing. Put him in the back and pretend he's just farther away ;-)

Thanks for the info and pic! My Joker won't be the first with a blu-tack-held head!

How does that Blu Tac stuff work long term with figures? I've never used it before. Does it harden over time, or does it stay pliable?

Well damn... looks like I'll have to buy an second joker expression pack then to have the purple suit look.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GRRRRR!!! Just tried to buy the Mondo Harley & Ivy print and it literally sold out between me adding it to my cart and then attempting to pay for it. That was an afternoon of refreshing their page every 20 mins wasted :gah:

Back