DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I love playing Amazon Chicken. Lost last time though on the Superman 2 pack. Was hoping for under $30 but that day it didn't go under $33. I don't really have room for the batcave, but right now I'm playing for under $100.

If it goes into the $80-$90 range I think I'll grab a second one. I wouldn't mind cutting up the base to use for more display space on different shelves and to maybe repaint the bat computer to use with Mezco Ascending Knight Batman.

Has anyone that ordered the Batcave from DCBservice get the replacement stickers? They told me awhile ago that they would be shipping them out but I never received them. I also sent them an email last sunday but no response from them yet.

Any love for TNBA in here? No promises but there could be a chance I make some TNBA sigs at some point (if there's enough interest to warrant the time...).

It's like watching the stock market sometimes. You can get some unexpectedly good deals. I'm just glad Alfred is on the way. :D

Got the Batcave for $105.91
Signed up for a stupid Amazon credit card and got $50 off...
total cost with tax $62.27
(Free shipping)

Anybody know how to contact DC Collectables if this has the bad stickers??

I recommend people watch the Joker Expressions unboxing video on DC Collectibles Facebook page. Something Brian says at the end should give people some hope.

DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

For those that don’t want to watch a 20 min video...

Brian: ”stay tuned for more surprises in this line. We are doing everything we can to push this line forward.”

Jim: “How much more?”

Brian: “I don’t know.”

Honestly, sounds like more empty promises to me. They are having to internally fight to get more stuff out. That doesn’t give me hope in the slightest.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

That's not exactly what they said. I went back and double checked:

Brian says "We have lots of surprises in store, so stay tuned. *stammers* We'll keep pushing this line forward the best we can. Joker Expressions pack's in stores this month. Fifty dollar price point. Umm...so stay tuned for more."

Jim: "Oh, how much more?"

Brian: "I don't know."

Jim: "We'll find out." He then puts on a Joker mask and says in Jokery voice, "We'll find out Brian, won't we?"

It's quite a bit different and more playful than the way you're portraying it, I think, but it certainly sounds like something happened that caused another hiccup in the line. It might have been Geoff Johns taking over DC Entertainment and wanting to see more statues than action figures from the DC Collectibles division, it might have been Kevin leaving, it might be that they're currently looking for a new VP to head up the DC Collectibles, it might be beancounter bull****, or it might be some weird rights thing as others have speculated. But it does sound to me like there's more in the works.

Last edited:

For those that don’t want to watch a 20 min video...

Brian: ”stay tuned for more surprises in this line. We are doing everything we can to push this line forward.”

Jim: “How much more?”

Brian: “I don’t know.”

Honestly, sounds like more empty promises to me. They are having to internally fight to get more stuff out. That doesn’t give me hope in the slightest.

That's a GOOD thing! It means they care.

Just quoting myself. In the unboxing video, at the end (11:38 min) Jim said something like " this is one of the best selling line we have ever produced". So maybe they are using drugs. Because one of the best selling lines is treated like a ****. It's nonsense. If I was DC and I have one of the best selling lines in my line up, I would make everything to milk it as long as possible, with all the characters, b-listers, c-listers, vehicles, and everything could be ever made. And we are still without the main characters after years. Next release after Harley Quinn will be at least 6 months later in the best scenario.

I just have one question: someone have the selling results of this line? Because it "seems" that BTAS sold well, but at same time, DC Collectibles want to quit this line as soon as possible. A lot of B/C characters could be released in future, even few vehicles (bat cycles, bat glider, even bat boat), or playset (Arkham asylum above all).

So there is something wrong. DC can still make a lot of money milking this line, but they don't want. Are they hating money? So the only answer could be that these figures are not selling good, I think.
As future release, even a mixed espressions/accessories pack with one figure could be a good idea:

- Two face wih 2/3 heads + penguin fixed head (glass, cigarette) + zatanna head with no hat.
- Scarecrow + Batman MOTP Wide cape + clayface fixed head + joker cards etc.

So everyone would be engaged forever with this brand if they would realize our dreams.

What is your opinion about DC strategy? I really don't understand.

That's a GOOD thing! It means they care.

Jim and Brian care. They have to fight internally to get stuff out with a superior. End of the day, it’s the superiors call. Unless we make A LOT of noise, superior is going to go the direction they want to go. Jim and Brian can only do so much and if they have to push to get more out, then I take that as a horrible sign. ESPECIALLY if it is one of the best selling lines.

I’m looking for Gotham Rogues Gallery. Anyone know a place to get a good deal on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like how the Expressions Pack came out.

Hope SFA's designs help orient the folks at DCC towards what we'd accept as product.

(SFA, could you make a Rupert Thorne, Claw, Dr. Strange, Clock King, Sewer King 5 pack? Or any concept you come up with including those characters?)

Back