DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I wish I understood the decision making process inside toy companies...

I'll never get why, with a niche and captive market they always alienate their costumers from their strategies, and limit communication instead of engaging to find functional models that get them to sell enough product to meet a specific demand and keep the avid buyer happy. Small online stores do it, why can't a medium to large sized company like DCC?

I wish I understood the decision making process inside toy companies...

I'll never get why, with a niche and captive market they always alienate their costumers from their strategies, and limit communication instead of engaging to find functional models that get them to sell enough product to meet a specific demand and keep the avid buyer happy. Small online stores do it, why can't a medium to large sized company like DCC?

Yes..you're right

We have only one possibility to complete the collection....we have to commission user "zelu1984" to make the characters we miss. He is better than Dc's sculptors :lol

Awwww you guys! I never done any casting myself but I will look into this! I already have a custom BTAS Two Face so I only have to make Scarecrow (That will not be easy) :p

I will let you know of any possibilities :)

I think it’s also quite telling that they shoved the Animated Series figures into a corner next to the artists alley crap that no-one really cares about or is going to buy. If the really cared about the Animated line, it’d be at a peak point of the DCC display section like in previous years. This year it just looks like a quick pass-by display.

That’s very unfortunate. Guess it isn’t happening then. The MM figure is probably an unreleased proto then....

I might be wrong but as far I remember prototypes never get a box. That box have also a "02" number on it. Maybe it means nothing or maybe it means other figure from that line are ready and finished but not showed officialy. DCC did the same in the past with other animated figures at ToyFair :)

Awwww you guys! I never done any casting myself but I will look into this! I already have a custom BTAS Two Face so I only have to make Scarecrow (That will not be easy) [emoji14]

I will let you know of any possibilities :)
I'm definitely in for one of each if you can work something out. You might even try teaming up with Glassman's Customs. I've purchased a couple of his head casts before and they turned out pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I wish they could come up with some way to get the remaining characters out. I actually had a thought about how they could do TNBA Penguin, at least: include him in a three-pack with Mr. Freeze and Two-Face. You get to use existing molds and two existing characters, with one new figure, but, for the OCD people like me, it’d be worth it to get those two figures without their hip holes, and, at least, it could put the kibosh on the TNBA line. Then, it would just become a matter of getting those last few TAS figures out, like Two-Face, Scarecrow, Clock King, and Gray Ghost.

As much as I would love those things to happen, I worry because of the look I see on Jim Fletcher's face during the interviews and his tone of voice.

It's that look you get when your new boss is an a-hole with new ideas on how the company should be run.

I deeply regret saying this, but it's time to put the lid on the Animated Line's coffin.

Anyone have any pics of custom 2face and Scarecrow? I do some casting and if we can get ahold of some quality sculpts, I’m all for doing the work to round this thing out. I certainly expect to get flailing impotent incomplete DC lines from Mattel, but looks like DCC has gone back to their old ways.

Screw DCC! We have good ideas and good worker around here, why we cannot start a kickstarter and finish this line on our own? xD Screw copyright too, we just call them "Multi-Face" and "Jackstraw" xDDD

Guys...we have to find a solution to complete this line...

Awwww you guys! I never done any casting myself but I will look into this! I already have a custom BTAS Two Face so I only have to make Scarecrow (That will not be easy) :p

I will let you know of any possibilities

Zelu to the rescue! You're our only hope left!

I would be down for a group casting. If we are taking names and putting pen to paper. Count me in. I am good up to around $50 a figure. Anything above that will have to be a tougher decision.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

I would be down for a group casting. If we are taking names and putting pen to paper. Count me in. I am good up to around $50 a figure. Anything above that will have to be a tougher decision.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

Agreed! I have been trying to figure out ideas for base figures for doing customs for some of the remaining figures. I think TNBA Riddler might make a good base for Scarecrow, along with the Creeper's hands. Gordon's lower body would work well for Two-Face's suit pants if it can be made to fit the top of the existing Two-Face figure. Now I just need the customizing skills or to commission folks to do them :D

There are some videos on Youtube on making plastic casts too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWdE8N4HntE&index=43&list=PLXSgDsxp2cIpsLwOoKTVnwdVDc-qxI_JF

Guys...we have to find a solution to complete this line...

I wonder if crowd funding is an option? All I really want are the JL crew

Last edited:

Hi guys. First time poster, but I've been lurking for ages to get news and updates bwah.

I'm ALL IN for trying to find a way to expand/complete this line. I don't feel there's any reason we need to accept that we'll never get any more of the figures we love, as the technology exists to the point where we can get them made - some way, somehow. I'm sure of it! :)

As for crowdfunding, I've been thinking of exactly that - but not in terms of physical sculpting, rather 3D sculpting and printing. If everybody that wanted in chipped in equal amounts to get something 3D rendered, it would cost next-to-nothing at all (plus everyone would share ownership of the licenses) . . . the main cost then coming from everybody going off on their own to get the thing 3D printed etc. Heck, we could even produce them and sell them on to other fans for that sweet profit *sniff sniff* :p lol

I'm not exactly sure of the specifics, but I am sure that we could absolutely keep the line alive and create anything we want. All we need is to put our heads together. I'm sure if DCC got wind of some big fan project, they'd quickly just scurry to announce "WE'RE RELEASING THOSE FIGURES!" anyway hahaha. So maybe even announcing such a joint fan initiative would do some good, even if it never comes to pass.

Back