DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I see eaglemoss, has some smaller scale icons coming out with scarecrow and two face animated not sure the scale . be awesome If they were 6 inch scale

I suppose they're smaller than Dc Collectibles :(

Just found this little tidbit on youtube

Around the 1 minute mark, you hear him say: "this is kinda where we are going with the Batman Animated Line"

So I guess IF they ever come out with anything new it will be probaly a boxed set like the expression packs and no single card figures anymore?
I know it's not a lot to hold on to, until someone gets a more clear answer from them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ikp_5DSRY8

Just found this little tidbit on youtube

Around the 1 minute mark, you hear him say: "this is kinda where we are going with the Batman Animated Line"

So I guess IF they ever come out with anything new it will be probaly a boxed set like the expression packs and no single card figures anymore?
I know it's not a lot to hold on to, until someone gets a more clear answer from them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ikp_5DSRY8

Wow! That's really encoureging and gives me/us hope! Imagine expressions packs for Two-Face and Scarecrow!

The line is defenitely alive!

Hopefully it's a good sign, but we still need something a little more concrete.

I see eaglemoss, has some smaller scale icons coming out with scarecrow and two face animated not sure the scale . be awesome If they were 6 inch scale

I've seen the first wave of these in my local Comic Shop and was not impressed with the paint apps. Especially for the price. You really have to nail clean lines for these characters to look good, and the ones I saw just... didn't. At all. :(

Wow! That's really encoureging and gives me/us hope! Imagine expressions packs for Two-Face and Scarecrow!

The line is defenitely alive!

So does that mean another smattering of re-issues with alternate heads? I guess that'd be cheaper for them to produce- so hey, good for DCC, but I'd much rather see a full fledged continuation of the line with new characters.

So does that mean another smattering of re-issues with alternate heads? I guess that'd be cheaper for them to produce- so hey, good for DCC, but I'd much rather see a full fledged continuation of the line with new characters.

I thought the same

Hopefully Pixel Dan will have his walk through posted soon, and will have asked about the future of the line.

I’m all for more expressions packs. I’d love to get ones for Ivy, Robin, Penguin, and Batgirl. But I’d most certainly want some new characters added in too, specifically Two-Face and Scarecrow.

However.... I personally don’t find Jim’s words all that encouraging. I really like the guy, but I can’t help but feel he was telling her what he felt she’d like to hear without really giving anything away at all.

It all just adds up. Irene Matar specifically stating she’d not been asked to make any more figures after the Harley expressions pack. The Jokermobile getting cancelled. No new reveals this weekend.

:(

All he says about, “this is where we are going with the animated line” can be applied to these 3 expression packs. The only one “out” is Batman. Joker and Harley are still in their way.

Seriously doubtful anything else is going to come out of this line. And he is handling it just like I thought he would when we made our pre-toy fair predictions.

They aren’t showing anything new. The line is cancelled, but they aren’t going to make a statement saying as such because they still want to sell Joker and Harley before hightailing it out of our wallets.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

They aren’t showing anything new. The line is cancelled, but they aren’t going to make a statement saying as such because they still want to sell Joker and Harley before hightailing it out of our wallets.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

That's a good point!

We have only one possibility to complete the collection....we have to commission user "zelu1984" to make the characters we miss. He is better than Dc's sculptors :lol

that would be awesome I asked before he said he would not take commissions

We have only one possibility to complete the collection....we have to commission user "zelu1984" to make the characters we miss. He is better than Dc's sculptors :lol

that would be awesome I asked before he said he would not take commissions

Who is Zelu1984? A former DCC designer?

Will just leave this here as reference point for the next week or so.

7 Stages of Grief

1. SHOCK & DENIAL
2. PAIN & GUILT
3. ANGER & BARGAINING
4. DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS
5. THE UPWARD TURN
6. RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH
7. ACCEPTANCE & HOPE

We seem to have a healthy mix of all stages in this thread so far :lol

Me, I think I am at number 6, having been working towards the idea of a post BTAS DCC toy line since last SDCC

I'm not happy the line is almost assuredly over, but I"m not mad either. Yes, there's a couple of things we didn't get, but overall, this has been an amazing line.

We got what, over 40 characters? 50?

We got the Batmobile, the Batwing, the BATCAVE.

We got a Batman Beyond set, even a set from The Dark Knight part that was like a 7 min part.

We got some human characters, we got some oddballs.

So yeah - this has been an amazing line. Maybe the last 2 or 3 things we'd like would come out. I'd love a real S:TAS, BB, or JL/JLU lines too, absolutely, but I can't be mad about this line, at all.

I do wish Kevin was still there though.

I'm not happy the line is almost assuredly over, but I"m not mad either. Yes, there's a couple of things we didn't get, but overall, this has been an amazing line.

We got what, over 40 characters? 50?

We got the Batmobile, the Batwing, the BATCAVE.

We got a Batman Beyond set, even a set from The Dark Knight part that was like a 7 min part.

We got some human characters, we got some odballs.

So yeah - this has been an amazing line. Maybe the last 2 or 3 things we'd like would come out. I'd love a real S:TAS, BB, or JL/JLU lines too, absolutely, but I can't be mad about this line, at all.

I do wish Kevin was still there though.

Agree with you to an extent. Think the absence of the main 7 JL members, hell even static shock and Zeta (which were both part of the DCAU and has their own shows) would be a huge disappointment,

I know it's grasping at straws, but I wonder if the blu-ray release for the show that's supposed to be coming this year will have any effect on how DCC handles the future of the line.

Another discouraging interview with Jim Fletcher and TAS is at the beginning.
https://youtu.be/X8y7C-L06RQ

He says there is more that they're debating and that he would like to get out, but it sounds like it's out of his hands.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Back