DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Well not like he could sit down in that rubber trench coat anyhow lol. It did make me think though that this kind of throws a wrench in the works on that GCPD Squad Car that some people have brought up here. The only one that could currently sit down inside it would be Montoya unless they reissue Gordon and Bullock with cloth coats.

Gordon doesn't usually sit in his office with that coat on but that's a fair point about any vehicle for him or Bullock. Now I want a coatless Gordon. ;)

Great work there Doug!

Personally though (and I really really really don't mean this to sound harsh since you put some nice work into making that chart) I don’t think we should send that list. Not unless we fudge the figures and add a few zeros onto each of them! Right now this only suggests a handful of people are interested in the figures, and I dunno if that’s going to send a bad message or not? Or perhaps a negative effect? For instance, if DCC were planning to make Maxie Zeus or Lock Up and see only 1 person here was interested, then they might change their mind.
I dunno, I guess there’s always the ‘something’ is better than ‘nothing’ approach, but to me this chart as it is doesn’t seem impactful enough. I’m sure they’d rather see 1300 people want Scarecrow as opposed to 13.

Also as whakojacko mentioned, those numbers won’t be 100% accurate since some people were only voting for 5 characters and some were voting for more. For instance, I only put down my top 5, and if I’d put my top 10 then some of the characters in that chart would have an extra vote.

For what it's worth, there are members on Fwoosh that have been inspired to provide their own lists based on what started here. It's still a small sampling, of course, but I think any interest we can provide to DCC is helpful. I'd give them raw data and let them spin it however they need to retailers at Toy Fair.

Oh ****. Deleted my post somehow. Here it is again:

It means there are no upcoming releases (within the next two months) from DC Collectibles. Everything that's been announced has either been cancelled, released, or won't be released before February. Since there is no new product coming out any time soon, and it does not appear that other companies have empty sections, it's safe to assume that DCC will not have a section in "Upcoming Releases" until more product is announced or until we get closer to the release of some of the stuff due out in the spring and summer.

For what it's worth, there are members on Fwoosh that have been inspired to provide their own lists based on what started here. It's still a small sampling, of course, but I think any interest we can provide to DCC is helpful. I'd give them raw data and let them spin it however they need to retailers at Toy Fair.

Give me a link and I'll add their list to ours.

If we're tallying lists I may as well add mine.

BTAS:

(Most wanted)
Two Face
Scarecrow
Alfred single card (won't buy cave)
Clock King
Grey ghost

(Could live without but want)
Leslie Thompkins
Summer Gleeson
Kyodai Ken
Rupert Thorne

TNBA:

Penguin
Mad hatter
Clayface (if done right)
Bruce Wayne
Calendar Girl
Batwoman

Actually - I need to add to the TNBA list - the D**k Sprang-inspired Batman and Robin to Match the Dark Knight set. Can't believe i forgot them!

Hey guys!

Long time silent viewer on this board, figured I'd throw in my 2 cents with a top 5 for each show.

BTAS:

Two face (of course)
Scarecrow (of course)
Grey ghost
Red claw
Hugo strange

TNBA:

Penguin
Batwoman
Commissioner Gordon (no coat)
Calendar girl
Bruce Wayne (only if they get the face right unlike the btas expressions pack)

STAS:

Lex
Darkseid
Metallo
Brainiac
Bizarro

BB:

Joker (ROTJ)
Blight
Inque
Shriek
Curare

If I'm being honest, I'll take pretty much most of anything they throw our way, I just hope the line continues. These figures would be a great start.
They could even throw Batwoman and Penguin together similar to the phantasm 2-pack we got.

So happy to know i'm not the only one who wants a hatter and calendar girl figure. They're in my top list for tnba figs!!

So, I just bit the bullet and got the GCPD set.... Really pleased. They're all quite nice. I seem to scrutinize Freeze the most since he's the one I, and probably all, wanted the most. I wish the ridged shoulder paldrons would rotate as that would give the shoulders a bit more movement... Ivy is so tiny! Really love her too. Croc is fantastic, and perhaps my favorite overall, Bane and Montoya are also wonderful. :)

I wish they would do single card releases of these (really don't care for the box). I'm gonna have to get Christmas out of the way before I can take the plunge on this set....I've never wanted Christmas to be over so fast haha!

So I'm thinking of springing for one of the Jokers from the Animated Series, as he's always been my favorite. Being really out of the loop on this line however, I thought I'd get some opinions from those in 'the know'. :wink1: What do you guys think is the best option for a Joker Figure to display? There's an original release, one with Harley Quin and one that's upcoming with interchangable heads, is that right? Thoughts?

Free Batcave adhesive replacements. Just have to contact your retailer.

Breaking News!
It seems that The Joker is up to his old tricks again and tampered with the vinyl decals of the Batman: The Animated Series Batcave set causing “anti-adhesion” defects. Batman and #DCCollectibles are aware of this glitch and are issuing free replacement stickers that will be delivered to retailers by December 20th. The new interchangeable stickers mirror the original decal designs and provide better adhesion. All citizens of Gotham City who have purchased the Batcave and are experiencing “anti-sticky” problems, should contact their point-of-purchase retailer and request a free replacement sticker sheet. For those still planning to buy a Batcave set, a new sticker sheet will be supplied with your purchase.
Thank you and now back to your regularly scheduled programming!

Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 3.32.20 PM.jpg

Free Batcave adhesive replacements. Just have to contact your retailer.

Breaking News!
It seems that The Joker is up to his old tricks again and tampered with the vinyl decals of the Batman: The Animated Series Batcave set causing “anti-adhesion” defects. Batman and #DCCollectibles are aware of this glitch and are issuing free replacement stickers that will be delivered to retailers by December 20th. The new interchangeable stickers mirror the original decal designs and provide better adhesion. All citizens of Gotham City who have purchased the Batcave and are experiencing “anti-sticky” problems, should contact their point-of-purchase retailer and request a free replacement sticker sheet. For those still planning to buy a Batcave set, a new sticker sheet will be supplied with your purchase.
Thank you and now back to your regularly scheduled programming!

View attachment 381359

That's actually a really positive sign don't ypu think? If the line was dead I doubt they'd bother woth something like this. And great news as I avoided using the decals due to the lack of adhesion - now I can. Or soon anyway.

Good news. I just contacted my Uk retailer. Hope to receive soon the replacement. However I had problems only with 3 stickers !!!

Good news. I just contacted my Uk retailer. Hope to receive soon the replacement. However I had problems only with 3 stickers !!!
Oh well - now you have spares! I never even tried mine after the stories I read of problems. Glad to have the replacements.

Back