DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Either way it’s a slip. Thankfully the price is right. Not willing to pay $170 at my LCS.

I just saw some NYCC pics from DC Collectibles. The Rogues set was displayed there... I thought they said in the Q & A they wouldn't be attending.

Are we getting the mentioned reveals here or is that being too optimistic?

They said in the Q&A that they wouldn’t be attending, but some of their product would be on display there. Don’t get your hopes up for a reveal though. It won’t happen.

We didn’t get the teased reveal on Batman day, and we didn’t get the Batcave unboxing on Thursday last week either. Things aren’t right at DCC since Kevin gave his notice. :(

They said in the Q&A that they wouldn’t be attending, but some of their product would be on display there. Don’t get your hopes up for a reveal though. It won’t happen.

We didn’t get the teased reveal on Batman day, and we didn’t get the Batcave unboxing on Thursday last week either. Things aren’t right at DCC since Kevin gave his notice. :(

What were his duties in the company?

What were his duties in the company?
As Vice President, Kevin would have been in charge at DC Collectibles, with his boss being the President of DC Entertainment, itself, Geoff Johns. My understanding from talking with him on multiple occasions was that he and Jim Fletcher both essentially ran DCC, with Jim overseeing the more creative aspects, and Kevin handling the business end of things.

Last edited:

I don't have much hope for the line, even after that QnA interview thing on Facebook or whatever. I think they're just blowing smoke.

Once the Batcave Computer w/Alfred and that huge, pointless Jokermobile don't sell and sit around inventory, I figure they'll most likely pull the plug.

What would really suck is if they show off new prototypes (like Two-Face, Scarecroe, etc.) at Toy Fair and then cancel the line. Wouldn't be the first time.

Cheers, S. Griffin. Hope we can get good news next year, at least in my case I'm looking forward to see more NBA figs.

BTAS is coming to blu-ray in 2018, maybe they could do something with that ? A man can hope....

So... anybody planning on getting the Jokermobile?
And who's getting the upcoming Batcave?

I'm getting the batcave for the Alfred figure - then putting the batcave itself up on ebay. Alfred is not a character I can skip

I had the batcave on pre-order but cancelled it. There's no way I can display that huge thing and I couldn't justify the purchase just for the Alfred figure.

So... anybody planning on getting the Jokermobile?
And who's getting the upcoming Batcave?

Passing on both. Cave is overpriced and I just don't want the Jokermobile. Going to try to find Alfred loose for a decent price

I might pick up the Jokermobile on deep, deep discount. The cave is a must-have for me.

Who sculpted the figures in the GCPD set? The reason I ask is because Irene Matar recently said the last work she got from DCC was #41 Batgirl.

I'm waiting on Rogues Pack and Batcave to get good discounts. I have no interest in the Jokermobile, but when in-hand pics start to arrive in this thread, I might consider getting it on discount too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might pick up the Jokermobile on deep, deep discount. The cave is a must-have for me.

Who sculpted the figures in the GCPD set? The reason I ask is because Irene Matar recently said the last work she got from DCC was #41 Batgirl.
As far as I know Irene sculpted the whole set. As far as her saying Batgirl was her last work, do we know if that means her final sculpt period OR the last sculpt she did that was actually released. Could there be more sculpts of hers that DCC is still sitting on?

I do plan on getting the cave myself. The biggest selling point for me is Alfred. Not sure if I'll be keeping the cave. The Batmobile and Batwing are so massive as it is. I have about zero room for the Cave. I currently have the Jokermobile ordered but I'm seriously considering canceling it. These items look awesome but they are just too massive to store and display.

When I met Irene like two months ago, she told me that after the last figure she sculpted, she didn't get any order from DCC to sculpt more figures, so, everything sculpted for her is already on sale and nothing from her is sitting on.

I was kinda hoping that the GCPD set had been sculpted by someone else, meaning that DCC had gone with another sculptor after Batgirl and more figures could be on the way.

I get the concerns about the size of the Batcave but what's it's got going for it is that it's a great way to display figures. You could put the entire Batman Family in there and toss in Superman as a guest with no difficulty. And while the Bat-vehicles only seat two the Jokermobile seats four.

Dcc doesn't want release this villain...so I decided to customize the Riddler figure !!! Now I have to paint only the body :yess:

20171011_162011.jpg

Back